11-17-2017 09:26 PM
234 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Check out the theme I just put together. The wallpaper is not original to the theme itself. The test messages colors are part of the theme which I like a lot more than green and white the stock text message has. The dialer is different too. Overall I like this theme the best and what it offers. This one was not on the Theme Store app as I found it separately in a stand alone app I think. I forget now.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e761cd26f6.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...af64d2dcb7.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ed3b7014ce.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...78ba1b274b.jpg
    I really like the dialer one !
    11-11-2017 08:14 PM
    If you put $200 down on the Note 8 it'll come to roughly $31 a month. Samsung keeps its value rather well. You get a bigger screen on the Note 8 but I think the iPhone 8 is louder
    Yeah I remember when I had my S8 the speaker was not that strong where Apple has always had a pretty strong speaker in regard to where it is located. Yeah I was thinking I'd use that gift card to pay towards the Note 8 and also if I decide to allow it to be my daily driver which I'm on the fence about I could also return my honor 8 and that would give me another $200 to use to pay towards the note 8 but I'm not sure if I could use such a big device on a daily basis. That's why if I were to get the iPhone 8 I'd for sure get a refund on my honor 8 as I'd have no need to keep two smaller phones. I plan to either keep the honor 8 and get the note 8 as my second device for media and movies or get the iPhone 8 regular size then return the honor 8 only then as I'd use the iPhone 8 as my daily device over the honor 8 for sure.
    11-11-2017 09:36 PM
    Yeah I remember when I had my S8 the speaker was not that strong where Apple has always had a pretty strong speaker in regard to where it is located. Yeah I was thinking I'd use that gift card to pay towards the Note 8 and also if I decide to allow it to be my daily driver which I'm on the fence about I could also return my honor 8 and that would give me another $200 to use to pay towards the note 8 but I'm not sure if I could use such a big device on a daily basis. That's why if I were to get the iPhone 8 I'd for sure get a refund on my honor 8 as I'd have no need to keep two smaller phones. I plan to either keep the honor 8 and get the note 8 as my second device for media and movies or get the iPhone 8 regular size then return the honor 8 only then as I'd use the iPhone 8 as my daily device over the honor 8 for sure.
    You might get used to the big screen after a while. I did and pretty easily too. You also can't go wrong with an iphone
    11-11-2017 11:25 PM
    You might get used to the big screen after a while. I did and pretty easily too. You also can't go wrong with an iphone
    I knew DCon....he won't!
    11-11-2017 11:58 PM
    Definitely a tough decision to make and honestly I kind of wish the opportunity had never presented itself. I like the honor but now I'm rather tempted between the other two flagships. I have no clue what I'll end up doing at the moment. Probably in the end I'll go with the iPhone 8 as they tend to retain their value better for resell. Plus I'll never have to be concerned about updates again. It'll be different for me bc I'm used to buying and selling different phones and to be committed to just one for 24 months is a long time but if I'm going to commit to just one it would be an iPhone though. If honor had released the honor 9 and I would have had it I probably would have just not considered the iPhone 8 but with the honor getting close to becoming dated the iPhone 8 would future proof me for a long while. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet though. I'll decide at the last moment and go with my gut feeling so that's why I just don't know yet what I'll end up doing. Plus their could be a catch to the plan that Xfinity is offering which I would definitely decline it then. I've become so used to the honor 8 that it'll be hard to let it go.
    11-12-2017 12:04 AM
    Have you tried using a big phone before?
    11-12-2017 01:42 AM
    I have and just couldn't use it as my daily driver like I owned the Nexus 6p a couple of times and that phone is 5.7 inches and I thought that was huge. 6.3 of the note 8 is big very big.
    11-12-2017 05:53 AM
    Exactly what deal were they offering for the phone? $29 with 24 months payment comes up to $696. Are you getting a deal on the plan itself ?
    There are gift cards up to $700, for qualifying devices and plans
    11-12-2017 10:42 AM
    Check out the theme I just put together. The wallpaper is not original to the theme itself. The test messages colors are part of the theme which I like a lot more than green and white the stock text message has. The dialer is different too. Overall I like this theme the best and what it offers. This one was not on the Theme Store app as I found it separately in a stand alone app I think. I forget now.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e761cd26f6.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...af64d2dcb7.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ed3b7014ce.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...78ba1b274b.jpg
    That definitely looks unique!
    11-12-2017 10:44 AM
    I have and just couldn't use it as my daily driver like I owned the Nexus 6p a couple of times and that phone is 5.7 inches and I thought that was huge. 6.3 of the note 8 is big very big.
    Note 8 is narrower than the 6p.
    11-12-2017 10:47 AM
    Like I told you....I don't think you are going to like the elongated screen of the Note 8.
    11-12-2017 04:36 PM
    Yup Note 8 is much narrower than the Nexus 6p. Just a slightly longer. It'll probably feel better in the hands than the 6p
    11-12-2017 05:08 PM
    Yup Note 8 is much narrower than the Nexus 6p. Just a slightly longer. It'll probably feel better in the hands than the 6p
    Yeah but 6.3 is massive. Not very practical to me at that size other than using it strictly as a media device as opposed to using it daily like I do quite easily with the size of the honor 8. I doubt I'll get the Note 8 in the end unless I decide to keep my honor and make the Note 8 my media device but to me that seems a waste of money as it's a major flagship phone only being used for one purpose. Movies and media. Hard to think about paying that much for just a media device. I'd be better off saving up and getting the Mate 9 instead as a media device as it's now much cheaper.
    11-12-2017 05:16 PM
    Yeah but 6.3 is massive. Not very practical to me at that size other than using it strictly as a media device as opposed to using it daily like I do quite easily with the size of the honor 8. I doubt I'll get the Note 8 in the end unless I decide to keep my honor and make the Note 8 my media device but to me that seems a waste of money as it's a major flagship phone only being used for one purpose. Movies and media. Hard to think about paying that much for just a media device. I'd be better off saving up and getting the Mate 9 instead as a media device as it's now much cheaper.
    You should try to play around with it in a store. 6.3in is big, but it's near bezel less display get that big screen in a smaller body tho
    11-12-2017 05:37 PM
    You should try to play around with it in a store. 6.3in is big, but it's near bezel less display get that big screen in a smaller body tho
    True but the 18.9 ratio that my S8 had really never grew on me. It made the screen viewing awkward and not in proportion to me which the Note 8 has that crazy 18.9 ratio too so I'm not really sure I'd like it all that much but saying that it seems all the companies other than Apple are adopting this awful type viewing ratio. Probably why if I do get anything it will be the iPhone. Even though it's smaller I'm used to it having used both the iPhone 6 and 6s so I know that size phone well and I liked it. Still that leaves me without a media device which I may end up getting another iPad especially if I get the iPhone 8 as they will be compatible for text messaging and face time. I've found that Duo works pretty good too though. I just like being able to text right from my iPad as I'm typically on it more than my phone when I'm at home. Apple just makes everything easier and flow better than Android does in those terms. To me I like those options which I guess is why I'm wanting to go back to Apple now. I initially came to Android out of curiosity which lead me to stick around over a year now bc I got into testing new phones out which was a lot of fun but since I'm done with that now I've been thinking of going back to what I know deeply the best and what I'm most used to which would be IOS. There is nothing on the planet more smooth and fluid than IOS. EMUI comes close which is why it's my Android phone of choice. The rest of Android except for pure Android meaning the pixel is choppy and sticky and not very fluid to me that I've found to be while testing so many different Android phones that I have. EMUI is the smoothest next to the Nexus line and pixel line.
    11-12-2017 06:23 PM
    Like I told you....I don't think you are going to like the elongated screen of the Note 8.
    I agree.
    11-12-2017 07:34 PM
    True but the 18.9 ratio that my S8 had really never grew on me. It made the screen viewing awkward and not in proportion to me which the Note 8 has that crazy 18.9 ratio too so I'm not really sure I'd like it all that much but saying that it seems all the companies other than Apple are adopting this awful type viewing ratio. Probably why if I do get anything it will be the iPhone. Even though it's smaller I'm used to it having used both the iPhone 6 and 6s so I know that size phone well and I liked it. Still that leaves me without a media device which I may end up getting another iPad especially if I get the iPhone 8 as they will be compatible for text messaging and face time. I've found that Duo works pretty good too though. I just like being able to text right from my iPad as I'm typically on it more than my phone when I'm at home. Apple just makes everything easier and flow better than Android does in those terms. To me I like those options which I guess is why I'm wanting to go back to Apple now. I initially came to Android out of curiosity which lead me to stick around over a year now bc I got into testing new phones out which was a lot of fun but since I'm done with that now I've been thinking of going back to what I know deeply the best and what I'm most used to which would be IOS. There is nothing on the planet more smooth and fluid than IOS. EMUI comes close which is why it's my Android phone of choice. The rest of Android except for pure Android meaning the pixel is choppy and sticky and not very fluid to me that I've found to be while testing so many different Android phones that I have. EMUI is the smoothest next to the Nexus line and pixel line.
    I think that you would be better with the iPhone 8 Plus. It has the aspect ratio that you love and also you said you wanted to go back to ios
    11-12-2017 07:36 PM
    Definitely play with it in store. It feels significantly easier to hold than my Nexus 6, despite the nexus 6 being 6" vs 6.3 of the Note 8
    11-12-2017 07:37 PM
    Definitely play with it in store. It feels significantly easier to hold than my Nexus 6, despite the nexus 6 being 6" vs 6.3 of the Note 8
    Good idea. I'll try and go by best buy and hopefully they will have it out on display for me to handle and see in person. I just know the YouTube reviews it looks huge! Just not practical to use as a daily driver. To be honest I kind of wish this iPhone 8 opportunity never had even presented itself to me as I was great with the honor 8 now being my long term device but now that I might have the opportunity to go back to Apple it's made for a tough decision. What I'm let down by Huawei honor about is that every new update EMUI keeps becoming more and more like stock Android. 4.1 was the best. It's why I chose honor as my favorite phone bc EMUI was just that innovated and unique. It was in a league of it's own but for some reason majority of Android users out there disliked EMUI and I still don't quite know why. I don't see what was so wrong with it other than it being different than stock Android. I welcome change and innovation. That's what makes Huawei honor so good but with each update we see EMUI is evolving more and more to be nothing more than stock Android which I guess they are changing it because so many users complained about how different it was. I personally loved it. Never really knew why it garnered so much dislike from users to reviewers. I never saw anything wrong with it and it's why I liked Huawei honor so much. Hopefully they won't totally let EMUI turn into basically stock Android. I'm afraid that's what's happening though with each major update we see. That's too bad bc I thought 4.1 was a blast to use. I've personally never ever put a launcher on EMUI as I enjoy it stock.
    I think that you would be better with the iPhone 8 Plus. It has the aspect ratio that you love and also you said you wanted to go back to ios
    11-12-2017 08:06 PM
    I believe an iphone is better suited for him as well.
    11-12-2017 10:47 PM
    I'm not surprised. Nexus 6p is pretty wide these days.
    11-12-2017 10:49 PM
    Good idea. I'll try and go by best buy and hopefully they will have it out on display for me to handle and see in person. I just know the YouTube reviews it looks huge! Just not practical to use as a daily driver. To be honest I kind of wish this iPhone 8 opportunity never had even presented itself to me as I was great with the honor 8 now being my long term device but now that I might have the opportunity to go back to Apple it's made for a tough decision. What I'm let down by Huawei honor about is that every new update EMUI keeps becoming more and more like stock Android. 4.1 was the best. It's why I chose honor as my favorite phone bc EMUI was just that innovated and unique. It was in a league of it's own but for some reason majority of Android users out there disliked EMUI and I still don't quite know why. I don't see what was so wrong with it other than it being different than stock Android. I welcome change and innovation. That's what makes Huawei honor so good but with each update we see EMUI is evolving more and more to be nothing more than stock Android which I guess they are changing it because so many users complained about how different it was. I personally loved it. Never really knew why it garnered so much dislike from users to reviewers. I never saw anything wrong with it and it's why I liked Huawei honor so much. Hopefully they won't totally let EMUI turn into basically stock Android. I'm afraid that's what's happening though with each major update we see. That's too bad bc I thought 4.1 was a blast to use. I've personally never ever put a launcher on EMUI as I enjoy it stock.
    Yeah I hope that they keep some of their uniqueness
    11-13-2017 12:34 AM
    I'm not surprised. Nexus 6p is pretty wide these days.
    Yes it is. Very large bezels compared any premium Android flagship today
    11-13-2017 12:35 AM
    If you decided to play around in the store, let us know how the experience was. I found it fine in the hands.
    11-13-2017 01:42 AM
    If you decided to play around in the store, let us know how the experience was. I found it fine in the hands.
    Did you. Yeah I need to do that myself. Right now I'm on the fence between the two although they both are so drastically different. One 4.7 inches one 6.3 inches. How I can be torn between such drastic differences is beyond me lol.
    11-13-2017 07:12 AM
234 ... 56789 ...