Check out these oval icons I found today for the Honor 8

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
So I went through the play store and downloaded all the EMUI apps. One of them had a ton of different icon packs. I saw these oval shaped icons and thought they looked pretty killer. I downloaded them and applied them and am currently using them. Then I found an app with tons of different themes you can download the apply. I've downloaded quite a few of them. I'm definitely keeping the icons but my theme might change although I'm typically a fan of a solid color background on my phones. Here they are. Tell me what you guys think about the icons. I like them bc they are very different. The honor 8 is very customizable actually. They have a lot that allows you to totally change on this phone which I really like. I've been thinking about returning this one and upgrading to a 64g but I can't decide. I've got 30 days to decide but in reality 32g with a 64g SD card should be sufficient long term don't you guys think? Tell me your thoughts on that and what you think I should do. Other than apps and these themes that's all I download. I stream music and movies so in theory long term I should be okay with the 32g plus I only paid $199. That's a pretty good deal to throw away. I just cannot decide bc I really wanted the sapphire blue color in a 64g. That being said I really don't think I'm going to need the 64g and I can easily live with the black color I got. Tell me or advise me as to what to do. If I did return this one I'd have to wait until black Friday to ensure I get a good deal on a 64g bc I'm on a tight budget so is it even worth the trouble of doing that or having to wait until black Friday to get my other honor 8? I need some advice big time on what I should do. Please give me your thoughts if you don't mind and here's those oval shaped icons too.

c385877cd37cf8d5d19318be07e5a715.jpg

Djlarocca

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Nice, I like it. Kinda like the Samsung squircle icons. Are you using the stock launcher? What's the name of the app that had the icons?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Nice, I like it. Kinda like the Samsung squircle icons. Are you using the stock launcher? What's the name of the app that had the icons?
It's called EMUI themes. In fact there are two of them called that. Download both of them. One will have over 30 themes and the other will a few themes with several icon packs. There are some cool looking icon packs on that app so you might see something you like better than the oval I found as there are several to choose from.

Djlarocca

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
It's called EMUI themes. In fact there are two of them called that. Download both of them. One will have over 30 themes and the other will a few themes with several icon packs. There are some cool looking icon packs on that app so you might see something you like better than the oval I found as there are several to choose from.

I'll give it a try! Are there folder options too?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I am not a fan. It looks sloppy on some icons like maps and especially chrome. If they fixed it though then it could be pretty nice

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I'll give it a try! Are there folder options too?
I believe so. I've not gone through the entire app as one of them has several sections to it. Both combined has a ton to offer though. The theme app has well over 30 themes I would say. I downloaded several from there. The other one with the icon packs has an entire page of different icons to choose from. I just thought the oval looked different and unique so I chose that one. I didn't even keep looking after I saw the oval and the oval wasn't even half way through the page of them. You will definitely find a few themes you'll like and a couple icon packs at least. I had no idea these apps were even on the play store until last night bc I couldn't sleep so I decided just to search for EMUI apps and I just downloaded all of them and checked them all out and found those best two. They are pretty good with lots to choose from. Check them out. I think you'll find some stuff you will like. It's a big variety of everything.

Djlarocca

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
I believe so. I've not gone through the entire app as one of them has several sections to it. Both combined has a ton to offer though. The theme app has well over 30 themes I would say. I downloaded several from there. The other one with the icon packs has an entire page of different icons to choose from. I just thought the oval looked different and unique so I chose that one. I didn't even keep looking after I saw the oval and the oval wasn't even half way through the page of them. You will definitely find a few themes you'll like and a couple icon packs at least. I had no idea these apps were even on the play store until last night bc I couldn't sleep so I decided just to search for EMUI apps and I just downloaded all of them and checked them all out and found those best two. They are pretty good with lots to choose from. Check them out. I think you'll find some stuff you will like. It's a big variety of everything.

Thanks! I'll check it out. I'm tired of the iPhone style folders.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, downloaded and took a quick look at what they had to offer. Gonna wait till I have some time to dive in and start changing things. :)
You'll find quite a bit of everything. It's a lot to go through. I'm still looking myself. I've settled on this set up for now.

cb13041a68acd9023eaca12371ed2ff3.jpg

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Oh my, there's so many!? A bit overwhelming so for now im gonna go with a pixel 2 theme till I find something that I really like.
Awesome! I tell you another theme you can get by way of apk file that is set up just like the pixel which has the pill shaped search bar and notification dots on all of the apps. I found this on XDA. Search pixel launcher Oreo XDA and there you will find a apk file no root required official pixel launcher that is identical to the pixel gestures and set in every way. It stores in your default launcher in settings and you can choose it and you'll get exactly what the pixel gets even down to the newer Google Assistant too.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Did you install the p2 theme yet? How did you like it?

Yes I have! Lool I like to keep my homescreen and lockscreen wallpapers the same because I really like them; but I still really enjoy the Pixel capacitive buttons and the Google layout for the shortcut menu. It all reminds me of my Nexus 5, so I really like it.

Thanks again for recommending this, guys!

Attachments

• 25018.jpg
    25018.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 25

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes I have! Lool I like to keep my homescreen and lockscreen wallpapers the same because I really like them; but I still really enjoy the Pixel capacitive buttons and the Google layout for the shortcut menu. It all reminds me of my Nexus 5, so I really like it.

Thanks again for recommending this, guys!
Cool, glad to hear it. I will keep it in mind when I want to switch things up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid