I found a Pearl White 64g at B&H open box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
So I called B&H today checking to see if they had anymore 64g honor 8 in stock but all they it in was gold but then he checked his open box and they one left. What do you guys think. Should I send this 32g back in exchange for the 64g. I'm going to ask tomorrow if they will discount it any further for me to make it an even exchange. Typically I'm pretty good at that stuff and am able to get it done but if not it'll be a $50 dollar difference. So please tell me what do you guys think. Send my 32g back for the Pearl 64g or keep my 32g. I'm leaning towards sending it back and making the exchange especially if I can get them to discount it $50 more dollars.

Djlarocca

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
So I called B&H today checking to see if they had anymore 64g honor 8 in stock but all they it in was gold but then he checked his open box and they one left. What do you guys think. Should I send this 32g back in exchange for the 64g. I'm going to ask tomorrow if they will discount it any further for me to make it an even exchange. Typically I'm pretty good at that stuff and am able to get it done but if not it'll be a $50 dollar difference. So please tell me what do you guys think. Send my 32g back for the Pearl 64g or keep my 32g. I'm leaning towards sending it back and making the exchange especially if I can get them to discount it $50 more dollars.

From your previous post it sounds like you already made up your mind. See what they say tomorrow but it sounds like you won't be happy till you get the color you want and the size you want.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
From your previous post it sounds like you already made up your mind. See what they say tomorrow but it sounds like you won't be happy till you get the color you want and the size you want.
Yeah but I'm trying my best to stay at the $200 dollar mark. If they won't discount it then I'll have to think about it. I've just bought so many phones this past year that I told myself that I had a limit to spend. Hopefully I can get them to discount it $50 dollars for me to make it an even exchange.

Djlarocca

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Yeah but I'm trying my best to stay at the $200 dollar mark. If they won't discount it then I'll have to think about it. I've just bought so many phones this past year that I told myself that I had a limit to spend. Hopefully I can get them to discount it $50 dollars for me to make it an even exchange.

Well good luck! I know I'm the worst at trying to negotiate these types of things. Hope they give you the discount.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Well good luck! I know I'm the worst at trying to negotiate these types of things. Hope they give you the discount.
For some reason I've always been excellent at it as I owned my own business for 17 years I had to talk my way in to receiving business with people I didn't know and it was always very easy. You just have to handle it carefully and I've always called sales or getting what you want and need in way of the professional world as professional manipulation which is none other than sales at it's finest. You build the person up to feel very comfortable with you to almost like they've known you for 10 years and the most important part is you ask them to help you. When someone feels as if they are helping another they will jump through hoops to do so. I don't know for sure if I can do it bc $50 bucks off is quite a discount but if it's possible you can bet I'll be able to make it happen. Lastly you don't take no for answer as you simply ask again but in a different way but again they must feel as if they know you and are on your side helping you. My business was very successful for 17 years until I was forced to shut it down to care for my sick mother who has stage 4 bone cancer that is terminal. Anyways if there is even a tiny bit of chance then I know I'll get it done and get the discount. They already shipped the phone for me over night that cost $30 dollars for free bc I talked them in to it :)

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Well sounds like you got it under control. Keep us updated!
I hope I can do it but if I can't I've decided I'm staying with what I have as I originally told myself no more than $200 dollars and that's exactly what I've got in this one. Hopefully I'll be able to pull it off but personally I'm thinking the discount is just too heavy at $50 dollars for the rep to override for me or in other words the system won't allow them to do it or otherwise they would type deal. We shall see as I'm calling first thing when they open tomorrow. I appreciate the great support. I do really want the 64g and to be totally honest my plan going in to this was to get the Pearl White since I've owned both the blue and black before. What got me is I had found the one I got for exactly what I told myself I could and would spend which was $199. Most all the phones I buy are 32g with expandable storage and I've never had any issues before so this is more of a mental thing and desiring the color I originally wanted. In the end I can live with the black if I have to but I've seriously just spent too much money on phones over the past year and since I've tried most everything out there I've spent way too much and lost a lot at it too. So I have to stick to my promise to myself this time even though it's only $50 more dollars that kind of thought right there is what keeps allowing me to spend more and more. I'll let you guys know tomorrow morning sometime if I'm able to pull this one off as I have a feeling it's going to be a tough one to overcome. I appreciate the support. By the way on a side note I've already downloaded pretty much all that I'll ever download and moving forward pictures and things will default to the SD card as I have it set that way and I still have right at 17g of free space left. In theory I should definitely be okay with the 32g but now it's gone mental and I think I need it and I want the Pearl color so I'll give it a shot and if not just keep what I got.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Well I was able to get it done so my pearl white 64g will in fact be here tomorrow now!! I super stoked right now. It wasn't easy but I was able to talk them into it. So I got a 64g honor 8 for $199 with free overnight shipping. Now I feel much better about future proofing the phone with a 64g. I'm glad I called them and tried as it ended up working out. Plus I've been wanting the Pearl color since I've had both blue and black. At first it was a no but then I ask in a different way then got a yes then was transferred to a different department for shipping which was harder than getting the 64g at $199. I'll be set long term now.

Djlarocca

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Well I was able to get it done so my pearl white 64g will in fact be here tomorrow now!! I super stoked right now. It wasn't easy but I was able to talk them into it. So I got a 64g honor 8 for $199 with free overnight shipping. Now I feel much better about future proofing the phone with a 64g. I'm glad I called them and tried as it ended up working out. Plus I've been wanting the Pearl color since I've had both blue and black. At first it was a no but then I ask in a different way then got a yes then was transferred to a different department for shipping which was harder than getting the 64g at $199. I'll be set long term now.

Great job! Can you buy my next phone for me ;)

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Great job! Can you buy my next phone for me ;)
Lol. Heck yeah! I love doing stuff like that. It's like seeing how far you can take something without it breaking. I saved $80 dollars today. Not a lot but still that's almost $100! I'm excited to be get the Pearl model and also that they are shipping it to me in advance.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Wow that's awesome! Glad that you are set for the long term now

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Wow that's awesome! Glad that you are set for the long term now
Thanks!! I just barely got that done this morning. They didn't want to do it but in the end they evenly exchanged the 32g for the 64g pearl white and still threw in overnight delivery. I'm very excited now as I got the color I originally wanted and now have future proofed my phone with the 64g size.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Wow that's awesome that they threw in overnight delivery free. What does that normally cost?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It's a $30 dollar cost. I saved about $85 dollars today with them. I was really excited.
Wow $30 for overnight shipping is a lot but I think I am spoiled by Amazon. I have ordered stuff delivered the same day for free. Depends on the item of course. Anyway glad they were able to assist in expediting you at no cost. Was your original order placed with overnight shipping too?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if you've already completed the transaction, but I would switch your current device for the Pearl White Honor 8! You really want one, and even if you have to pay the $50 difference, it would be worth it! :)

Edit: Wahoo, you got it! Super exciting!!!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I think I'm surprised most about the free upgraded shipping!
Well if his original was overnight, then the replacement being overnight, while still generous, would be understandable since he already paid the expedited fee last time. Regardless though, nice gesture on their part

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Well if his original was overnight, then the replacement being overnight, while still generous, would be understandable since he already paid the expedited fee last time. Regardless though, nice gesture on their part
No I never paid them for overnight shipping. It's all been thrown in when I ask them to do it. I'm surprised too that they still do it after the Sony then the black honor 8 32g and now on the Pearl honor 8 64g. All three phones free overnight delivery!! They have treated me very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante