I found a Pearl White 64g at B&H open box

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I still can't find that build number. Is there anywhere else I can find it and download it? I'm lost on that. That firmware finder doesn't have that exact build number although I'm downloading something similar to it though it's not that exactly. Do you know where I can find that exact build number to download?
It could also be because you have the 64gb model. Anyways just try and see what happens. As always when using these types of software... Ymmv

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
It could also be because you have the 64gb model. Anyways just try and see what happens. As always when using these types of software... Ymmv
I've downloaded that firmware. I found it in my files app. What do I do now with the download to be able to apply it? I've checked my updates and I get the same no updates. So I just have to do something with the firmware I file I downloaded. Does anyone know what I do from here?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I've downloaded that firmware. I found it in my files app. What do I do now with the download to be able to apply it? I've checked my updates and I get the same no updates. So I just have to do something with the firmware I file I downloaded. Does anyone know what I do from here?
You have to install via proxy. The app has instructions.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
You have to install via proxy. The app has instructions.
I'll have to go back and read up on it bc I can't apply the download plus I'm not even sure it's correct. Do you think I will get the update automatically in the next couple of weeks as honor stated to me today when I called them. I have a hard time believing anything some of these reps tell me at times. I get way better advice here than from the company itself.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Here's a better picture of the Pearl White color. I took this under a light. Still though the protector on the back dulls it out a bit but goodness it has an awesome trip now.

10c037332096e9aefc07e21d34eb5795.jpg

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'll have to go back and read up on it bc I can't apply the download plus I'm not even sure it's correct. Do you think I will get the update automatically in the next couple of weeks as honor stated to me today when I called them. I have a hard time believing anything some of these reps tell me at times. I get way better advice here than from the company itself.
You probably would get it pushed in thy next few days if not next few weeks

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
You probably would get it pushed in thy next few days if not next few weeks
I actually just got it! I downloaded it and now I'm running the latest software build. Got it a lot quicker than I expected. Honor is top notch all the way around. Hopefully it will give better battery life. Have you guys noticed that it has or not?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I actually just got it! I downloaded it and now I'm running the latest software build. Got it a lot quicker than I expected. Honor is top notch all the way around. Hopefully it will give better battery life. Have you guys noticed that it has or not?
I have not noticed a change in battery life with the latest update

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Oh you got white too? Now I feel like the odd man out.

Sapphire Blue is very nice too (I didn't mean for that to rhyme, and yet... 😜)! I think out of all the blues I've seen, I really like Honor's and HTC's takes on it. The Sapphire Blue Honor 8 tempted me too! What kind of case are you using on yours again?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
When I use a case it's either a light blue or a red color which both look good on the Pearl color honor. I've always liked the sapphire blue honor the best until I actually got the Pearl and have it in person. Now I like both equally.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm absolutely loving this Pearl White color and the peace of mind going with the 64g. I don't mind downloading lots of themes and fonts now like I did with the 32g. Plus I've got my default set to my SD card so I should be set for a long time using this phone now. Now I just want to order a dbrand skin for it and possibly locate a folio case as I have gotten to where I like using the flip cases now.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
When I use a case it's either a light blue or a red color which both look good on the Pearl color honor. I've always liked the sapphire blue honor the best until I actually got the Pearl and have it in person. Now I like both equally.
Interesting. I haven't seen a white in person. Maybe if I did then I would like or evenly

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Interesting. I haven't seen a white in person. Maybe if I did then I would like or evenly
I really think that you would. What I like most is the metal frame is all silver which looks amazing on the Pearl color. It's totally different than the blue and black all together with the drastic color change but in a good way. I'm very happy I chose this color now as at first before it arrived I was kind of on the fence but in person it's stunning. It goes well with all cases like right now I have a thin light blue case on it which the Pearl color tends to compliment any color case. I've got some Red cases that look awesome on it too which is why I plan to order a Red carbon fiber skin for the back of it. I think the contrast will look killer together. I'm tempted to go without a case bc of how good it looks but I know I'm asking for trouble if I do. The skin I order will give it grip but all it takes is one drop and I'm sure both the front and back will shatter. I've just gotten where I don't like using cases but with the honor you're really forced to. But yeah if you saw the Pearl up close and in person you'd see what I was talking about. It looks really high class and the Pearl really shows off the lines and shape of the phone. Also another positive about the Pearl is you are totally unable to see fingerprints on the back of the phone. It's just vastly different than the blue and black. Which the blue used to be my favorite color but now I like the Pearl equally. I'm just glad I was able to grab a 64g model. Now when I download things I think nothing of it bc I have so much extra space but again I was looking at long term with this phone this time so I wanted that extra peace of mind knowing I'd be using it for a long while this time around. Now I've got my Axon 7 mini up for sale as I'm going to take what I get from it and save up to find a larger screen device that will be more of a media device for movies and things that I'll every once in a while rotate out with the honor but the honor will be my daily driver no matter what. I can't do large phones for a daily driver at all. Much too large for that so I'll be searching for something between 5.5 and 5.7. Of course if I can afford it I'll get the mate 9 but I'm not sure I want to spend that type of money on a second device for media. No way I could carry a 5.9 inch phone around every day trying to put that in my pocket or use it with ease like the honor 8 I can with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power