I found a Pearl White 64g at B&H open box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I really think that you would. What I like most is the metal frame is all silver which looks amazing on the Pearl color. It's totally different than the blue and black all together with the drastic color change but in a good way. I'm very happy I chose this color now as at first before it arrived I was kind of on the fence but in person it's stunning. It goes well with all cases like right now I have a thin light blue case on it which the Pearl color tends to compliment any color case. I've got some Red cases that look awesome on it too which is why I plan to order a Red carbon fiber skin for the back of it. I think the contrast will look killer together. I'm tempted to go without a case bc of how good it looks but I know I'm asking for trouble if I do. The skin I order will give it grip but all it takes is one drop and I'm sure both the front and back will shatter. I've just gotten where I don't like using cases but with the honor you're really forced to. But yeah if you saw the Pearl up close and in person you'd see what I was talking about. It looks really high class and the Pearl really shows off the lines and shape of the phone. Also another positive about the Pearl is you are totally unable to see fingerprints on the back of the phone. It's just vastly different than the blue and black. Which the blue used to be my favorite color but now I like the Pearl equally. I'm just glad I was able to grab a 64g model. Now when I download things I think nothing of it bc I have so much extra space but again I was looking at long term with this phone this time so I wanted that extra peace of mind knowing I'd be using it for a long while this time around. Now I've got my Axon 7 mini up for sale as I'm going to take what I get from it and save up to find a larger screen device that will be more of a media device for movies and things that I'll every once in a while rotate out with the honor but the honor will be my daily driver no matter what. I can't do large phones for a daily driver at all. Much too large for that so I'll be searching for something between 5.5 and 5.7. Of course if I can afford it I'll get the mate 9 but I'm not sure I want to spend that type of money on a second device for media. No way I could carry a 5.9 inch phone around every day trying to put that in my pocket or use it with ease like the honor 8 I can with.

YES, I love the silver metal frame around the phone! I was just marveling at this a few days ago.

It's a shame we gotta cover up this phone, but it's for our own peace of mind! All of my cases still show off the white, though, in some way or another; so I always get to see it.

And good for you for getting the bigger storage version! :)

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
YES, I love the silver metal frame around the phone! I was just marveling at this a few days ago.

It's a shame we gotta cover up this phone, but it's for our own peace of mind! All of my cases still show off the white, though, in some way or another; so I always get to see it.

Hey thanks man! I really truly wanted it and knowing this was about to be my long term phone since I'm finally taking a break from buying new gear to test out I wanted exactly what I had my heart set on. Only thing was that I was unsure about the Pearl White color but since I had owned the black and blue I thought let's just make a total change from the norm this time around so I went with the Pearl White and now I'm super glad I did it. It's a awesome color phone and I love the silver frame. I plan to order a dbrand carbon fiber Red skin for mine so at times I'll be able to use it without a case. Right now I have a thin low profile red case on it but you can still clearly see the phones color. This color matches everything too. I take it you have the Pearl color too. It's absolutely amazing in person. I am stoked about getting it and the 64g model. I initially wanted the blue until the last second I decided to totally change my norm up and get something drastically different than I normally do. I always buy either black phones or silver phones. Never White but what pulled me in was the silver frame and the actual Pearl color it has. I'm glad I decided to actually get exactly what I wanted to get that peace of mind. I've been downloading tons of new themes and I've not thought one thing about it since I have plenty of space now. Which do you have? The 32g or 64g?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey thanks man! I really truly wanted it and knowing this was about to be my long term phone since I'm finally taking a break from buying new gear to test out I wanted exactly what I had my heart set on. Only thing was that I was unsure about the Pearl White color but since I had owned the black and blue I thought let's just make a total change from the norm this time around so I went with the Pearl White and now I'm super glad I did it. It's a awesome color phone and I love the silver frame. I plan to order a dbrand carbon fiber Red skin for mine so at times I'll be able to use it without a case. Right now I have a thin low profile red case on it but you can still clearly see the phones color. This color matches everything too. I take it you have the Pearl color too. It's absolutely amazing in person. I am stoked about getting it and the 64g model. I initially wanted the blue until the last second I decided to totally change my norm up and get something drastically different than I normally do. I always buy either black phones or silver phones. Never White but what pulled me in was the silver frame and the actual Pearl color it has. I'm glad I decided to actually get exactly what I wanted to get that peace of mind. I've been downloading tons of new themes and I've not thought one thing about it since I have plenty of space now. Which do you have? The 32g or 64g?

So glad you are enjoying it! And a thin red case is a perfect match for the white! And yes! I love how shiny and actually "pearl white" this phone is (terrible grammar, but it's late here and it's my bedtime!).

Yup, I too have the white version. Pretty sure I grabbed the 32g version (I normally opt for smaller sizes; as I normally don't download too much stuff on my phones).

I was just looking at this phone today and was really falling in love with its colour all over again.

I know what you're saying about a long-term phone... I just can't find anything that I want to switch to, right now, over my Honor 8.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I like translucent cases so it shows off the phone a bit

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Dang that's very appealing. Ugh. You are really tempting me to buy the pearl white
Are you really thinking of getting one? I can tell you without doubt that you would not regret it at all. You would love this color as it's just so different looking but very high end classy. What color do you have now? I initially wanted blue again but something told me to just go with something totally out of the norm for me so I decided on the Pearl color. I can tell you that I'm stoked about it. In person it's pretty amazing so if you do it you won't have any regrets. B&H has a few Pearl left at pretty good prices and you can find an open box like I did and I ended up talking B&H into selling me the 64g model for only $199 plus I got them to throw in free overnight shipping too. Look for an open box as they are still new but you will save big time on those with B&H. I'm typically pretty good at talking the price down so luckily I was able to get the 64g for only $199. Call them and see if you can get them down to 199 and you will have a steal on one.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
So glad you are enjoying it! And a thin red case is a perfect match for the white! And yes! I love how shiny and actually "pearl white" this phone is (terrible grammar, but it's late here and it's my bedtime!).

Yup, I too have the white version. Pretty sure I grabbed the 32g version (I normally opt for smaller sizes; as I normally don't download too much stuff on my phones).

I was just looking at this phone today and was really falling in love with its colour all over again.

I know what you're saying about a long-term phone... I just can't find anything that I want to switch to, right now, over my Honor 8.
The way the light refracts off the phone... Just beautiful. They did a really good job on it

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
The way the light refracts off the phone... Just beautiful. They did a really good job on it
They really did do the honor 8 very well. Although I'm a fan of all metal phones you can't help but like the honor 8 and how it looks. It's very high end classy look to me. The light reflects off each color so nicely. I'm hoping when my skin comes in that I'll ditch my case and just pray I don't drop my phone. After all these years I've yet to drop and break a phone but with the honor 8 I know I'm just asking for trouble if I opt for no case. Right now or when I'm at my house I don't use one. When I installed that back protection film on mine that came with my screen protector it immediately gave it better grip so I've been using it without a case. When I leave the house I typically throw a case on it though. The phone just feels so much better and less bulky without a case no matter how thin it is. They just add bulk which I do not like very much. Plus right now I'm enjoying the entire new to me look of this Pearl White color phone which I've really never owned a white phone before but since this is a Pearl color I really don't consider it fully white. It's a cream color that looks amazing in person. Plus I just love the all silver frame as it gives it that extra pop of contrast. There is no doubt that the honor 8 is my all time favorite Android phone that I've ever used but then again I personally don't consider EMUI to be Android anyway. It's nothing remotely like Android at all to me. I personally don't you the newly added default app drawer. I keep mine like it originally came on 4.1 without the option of an app drawer and I've never even thought about using my Nova launcher on any of my honor 8s. I like EMUI just that much. It's butter smooth and fluid with zero lag what so ever. I'm always amazed that you can buy this flagship type phone for the cheaper price you can get it for and you sacrifice nothing. It's definitely a flagship made device all the way around. The only thing I'd change on it would be to have given it two front facing speakers for better media experience. The speaker is rather weak but that's the only flaw I can definitely live with that. I got spoiled by my Nexus 6p dual front facing stereo speakers and my Axon 7 fromt facing dual Dolby surround sound speakers which neither of those two phones did I have to use my Bluetooth jbl speaker when watching movies or being on YouTube for extended periods of time. Plus it's so easy to cover this bottom facing speaker up so in general I like dual front facing speakers and if the honor 8 had them it to me would have been the perfect smart phone.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
That does sound good - thanks for the suggestion!
Here's what it looks like on my note 8. Unfortunately this specific case is not available on the honor 8.
ac4ae27c817b1b11ca69897d6abc3376.jpg

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Here's a new theme and icon pack I just came across. These icons are so cool!! Very different. I can't believe the variety of themes and icons I've found for the honor.
81273487d1e0bc39af87599afcbba436.jpg

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Here's a new theme and icon pack I just came across. These icons are so cool!! Very different. I can't believe the variety of themes and icons I've found for the honor. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171106/81273487d1e0bc39af87599afcbba436.jpg
I think I'm going to actually stick with this theme for a while. It's very different looking and I like the background wallpaper color. The icons look super wild like 3d art of some kind. I'm amazed at just how many ways you can customize the honor 8. EMUI has so much to offer. Although some compare it to Apple IOS I personally just dont see it. I don't see Android either. Makes me wish I either had the mate 9 or the honor 8 pro as my larger screen device. Maybe one day I'll pick up the mate 9 since it's not looking good that we will see the honor 8 pro here in the US.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Love your setup!
Thanks!! I actually accidentally found this theme as when I downloaded it I had no idea what the icons looked like. I just liked the colors of the background then when I applied it I was like wow those icons are kind of cool. This phone is so customizable and to be honest I didn't even realize just how much so the fisrt two times I owned it or either these play store apps I found weren't available previously. I've found one app that probably has over 75 themes. Then I found another app that has themes, icon packs and wallpapers then lastly another them with nothing but 100s of different font. I've downloaded a lot of stuff and the good thing is since I exchanged it for the 64g instead of the 32g now I don't have to be concerned about it taking my available space up like I would have been with the 32g. Now I'll probably download my playlist from my Amazon music app so I can play my songs offline anytime. I typically have never downloaded music being concerned with space but now I think I'm going to at least download my play list. I won't download any movies although I'll stream movies with this phone no problem as 5.2 inches is plenty big enough to watch a movie. Ultimately I'd like to one day soon get the Mate 9 for my media and movies device to rotate out with my honor but that'll be down the road. I have always though kept one smaller device and one larger device and right now I have two smaller devices. I'll have to wait until black Friday or a Christmas sale before I buy a larger screen device since I've over spent on phones this year trying new ones out. It's nice to have finally settled down to one specific device now to be my daily driver. I just hope we all see the updates that were initially promised to us and I also hope honor continues to release upper end mid range phones here. It'll be bad if that don't bc they do make a great phone with lots of cool features. I've liked EMUI since day one as I remember when I got my first honor 8 sitting in best buys parking lot for over an hour going all through the settings being amazed at how much I liked the software. I've heard lots of people say they don't care for it and they put a new launcher on their honor 8. I've never once even considered it as I think it's great. I love anything unique and different and that does not follow the typical. EMUI is definitely different but in a good way to me. I enjoy using the software. Like now they give you an option to have an app drawer but I use mine without it. I remember 4.1 which was my favorite number grade of EMUI actually. If it was an easy process to downgrade back to 4.1 I would do it in a second but I'm not even sure you can do that going that far back now. I liked it the best I guess bc it's what I used to first learn EMUI on so I'm partial to it. I liked the colored notifications type small icons at the top. Little things like that. It was a great version of EMUI and it was the most different from Android in general. Now they have made EMUI more Android friendly which is fine but the more unique the better it is to me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34