11-17-2017 09:36 PM
248 1234 ...
tools
    Unfortunately both had a spotty past... Lg with bootloops on multiple phones, Motorola with poor warranty support and making update promises that it didn't keep. Not that Huawei is any better with warranty or update promises but at least honor phones are a good bang for the buck.

For many it honestly makes sense to buy Apple... Much better support, updates, warranty support...
    That's true in many regards. But not everyone are aware of their issues. My customers never mentioned about lg bootloops or moto supports. They just want what's best according what they hear in the medias. Nothing wrong with Samsung g or apple. Just other companies can't compete in the states against them
    11-03-2017 06:41 PM
    That's true in many regards. But not everyone are aware of their issues. My customers never mentioned about lg bootloops or moto supports. They just want what's best according what they hear in the medias. Nothing wrong with Samsung g or apple. Just other companies can't compete in the states against them
    Of course your customers wouldn't know. Lg and moto appeal more to the technical crowd or those looking for the best bang for the buck,most of whom aren't buying phones in stores. Those people are also the most likely to buy honor phones
    11-03-2017 07:52 PM
    Of course your customers wouldn't know. Lg and moto appeal more to the technical crowd or those looking for the best bang for the buck,most of whom aren't buying phones in stores. Those people are also the most likely to buy honor phones
    I wished they bought more honor phones. That'll make Huawei release the Honor 9 here too lol
    11-03-2017 09:44 PM
    We may have to wait till December 5th when Honor will announce 2 new phones in London. So, I get the impression that these will be global versions. Hope there are USA versions, but there is no mention of this announcement on the USA site.

https://hub.91mobiles.com/honor-flag...mber-5-london/
    11-03-2017 10:08 PM
    For a long time I predicted that honor would release something new here either by black Friday or early December before Christmas sales. This thread has totally changed my entire outlook I have to say. Kind of a let down as Huawei Honor is my favorite brand and phone. They make superior devices but if they aren't going to offer them here ever then what's the point of continuing to be a fan of theirs. If I'm unable to buy their product then I guess I need to look elsewhere or even go back to Apple exclusively like I was for so many years. I do love the honor 8 so I hope we are all wrong and honor releases another upper end honor flagship device after all. They've stated that they will indeed enter the US market when 5g hits and is in full use. That could be two years away though. I'll be forced to find another brand to support and buy their product I'd that's the case. That's too bad as I really think they make superior devices. Plus I love EMUI.
    11-03-2017 10:35 PM
    We may have to wait till December 5th when Honor will announce 2 new phones in London. So, I get the impression that these will be global versions. Hope there are USA versions, but there is no mention of this announcement on the USA site.

https://hub.91mobiles.com/honor-flag...mber-5-london/
    Oh I hope they release something in the states.
    11-03-2017 10:44 PM
    For a long time I predicted that honor would release something new here either by black Friday or early December before Christmas sales. This thread has totally changed my entire outlook I have to say. Kind of a let down as Huawei Honor is my favorite brand and phone. They make superior devices but if they aren't going to offer them here ever then what's the point of continuing to be a fan of theirs. If I'm unable to buy their product then I guess I need to look elsewhere or even go back to Apple exclusively like I was for so many years. I do love the honor 8 so I hope we are all wrong and honor releases another upper end honor flagship device after all. They've stated that they will indeed enter the US market when 5g hits and is in full use. That could be two years away though. I'll be forced to find another brand to support and buy their product I'd that's the case. That's too bad as I really think they make superior devices. Plus I love EMUI.
    They'll eventually come to the state side once they can get brand recognition. Huawei did mention they're working with US carrier's. Don't let this thread bring you down. Huawei is also my fav brand. And Im not letdown.
    11-03-2017 10:47 PM
    They'll eventually come to the state side once they can get brand recognition. Huawei did mention they're working with US carrier's. Don't let this thread bring you down. Huawei is also my fav brand. And Im not letdown.
    They definitely need to keep a honor flagship going here in the US so I really hope they release something to take the place of the honor 8 when it's time to do so. The honor 8 is still a strong device for 2017 so there maybe still hope yet. They definitely need to have an honor flagship here at least as that would be a bad business decision on their part if they do not I think. I just dont know now which model they will release but they do have options. They make a lot of phones so let's hope they keep some type of honor flagship here in the US after the honor 8 has taken it's course.
    11-04-2017 12:33 AM
    I don't think Honor will be done with the US/North American customer base anytime soon. They are focusing on brand recognition and I think and hope they'll continue to pump out devices to us.

That being said, I think their next phone to us will be more of a rebranding of their previous phones.
    11-04-2017 12:40 AM
    I don't think Honor will be done with the US/North American customer base anytime soon. They are focusing on brand recognition and I think and hope they'll continue to pump out devices to us.

That being said, I think their next phone to us will be more of a rebranding of their previous phones.
    Huawei seems to be into rebranding and renaming devices for particular markets. I really don't see anything bad about that - as long as each device was a bit unique. Could be we see something similar from them in the US.

Interesting that the Honor USA website seems to have gone cold recently. I don't think they have given up on USA/N. America. The Mate 10 Pro will be released here. Maybe when the Mate 10 Pro is released we'll also see a new Honor phone released at the same time?? Early January 2018?
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-04-2017 01:00 AM
    Huawei seems to be into rebranding and renaming devices for particular markets. I really don't see anything bad about that - as long as each device was a bit unique. Could be we see something similar from them in the US.

Interesting that the Honor USA website seems to have gone cold recently. I don't think they have given up on USA/N. America. The Mate 10 Pro will be released here. Maybe when the Mate 10 Pro is released we'll also see a new Honor phone released at the same time?? Early January 2018?
    Honor 7X is what I'm betting on
    11-04-2017 02:00 AM
    Honor is probably done in the US IMO.
    11-04-2017 02:10 AM
    Honor is probably done in the US IMO.
    Oh doubt that
    11-04-2017 02:36 AM
    Trust me Honor will (or has already) turned away from the US market.
    11-04-2017 02:49 AM
    Considering how Huawei wants to get into the US. Selling affordable products along with its flagships is...wait for it...smart
    11-04-2017 02:55 AM
    Yep...
    It is smart.
    Where are the new phones aimed at US users however?

Honor has 3 old phones and one sort of smartwatch (Honor Z1) available in US right now.
    All of them running old versions or currently unsupported for updates.

I'm not so sure that's "smart" for US consumers.
    11-04-2017 03:09 AM
    Old versions? 6X, Honor 8..idk the 3rd one has nougat. it's old only cause Oreo just got released. All phones but a couple of phones are running on the old versions... hmm
    11-04-2017 03:28 AM
    Still no new phones slated for the US.
    11-04-2017 03:37 AM
    Not yet
    11-04-2017 04:27 AM
    Not even a rumor of any US honor launch.
    At least none that I see.

Honor should be fine with Euro, Asia and India markets.
    Far as I see the US is a lost cause against LG and Samsung not to mention the iPhone.
    11-04-2017 05:26 AM

Seeing more Honor and Huawei phones here would be great! Especially so soon!
    11-04-2017 08:34 AM
    Why such the seem to heated debate between you two. I think we should all agree to disagree. In time both Huawei and honor will release more phones whether it be sooner or later. The honor 8 is their US flagship. Their plans are to enter the US. If they were not to update the honor 8 at least here due to it being their flagship then that would be one of the worst business decisions they could possibly make here and believe me they didn't become number three or two in the world based off bad business decisions. They know they have to be careful here in the US bc they know they are about to enter it for the long term. I don't see them making a bad decision upsetting a base of US customers they've already established and not update their US flagship phone any further. Will the update be on a timely manner? No I don't think so but they will indeed make sure they update this phone as promised. Why would they even entertain entering the US market with a poor reputation before they officially enter in to our market. None of that makes any sense for a sound business decision. I just think we will be late getting the update but they will follow through with their business promise to the established customer base they have here. It's not going to be one extreme or another meaning they will jump on it right away nor not ever do it. I believe they will just not be in any hurry to do so. That's my take on it from owning my own business and always thinking about my customers first. So we all will eventually get what they initially promised but the only question is "when".
    11-04-2017 09:51 AM
    I will say that Huawei made the task of building brand recognition in the USA a bit more difficult for themselves last year by splitting their product line into Huawei and Honor. Both new names to the USA market. So they made their task of building recognition twice as much work!

We know they are going to release the Mate 10 Pro in the USA and keep building the Huawei brand here. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what else they have planned. But I sure hope USA sees more from Huawei and Honor than just the Mate 10 pro.
    11-04-2017 10:57 AM
    I will say that Huawei made the task of building brand recognition in the USA a bit more difficult for themselves last year by splitting their product line into Huawei and Honor. Both new names to the USA market. So they made their task of building recognition twice as much work!

We know they are going to release the Mate 10 Pro in the USA and keep building the Huawei brand here. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what else they have planned. But I sure hope USA sees more from Huawei and Honor than just the Mate 10 pro.
    I personally think we will remain to continue to see both in way or another. Whether or not if they release another honor flagship would be my question to them. I know it's been stated that the honor 8 sales were poor but I think personally they expected this as the phone is only an unlocked device with no carrier ties then add that Huawei Honor was already unknown here. To me this makes total sense that they would have never expected the honor or Huawei phones in the US to break any records in sales or in other words they knew it was only a starting point. I feel for what they were up against that the honor 8 did just as they expected it would if not better due to the circumstances that we're in place upon it's initial release. This is why I believe we will still see both brands continued to be released in the US as from here they will only grow stronger in the US market just now only having just established themselves here which has only been for a year now. With all that said I think they have not done all that bad. Look at the mate 9 which was released after the honor 8. It did pretty well here and it was twice as expensive as the honor 8 which was the phone that actually put them on the map in the US bringing their brand recognition into existence. I believe they know exactly what they are doing business wise and they already know what phones will be next to be released but simply not disclosing it for business anticipation purposes. Keeping people interested in what's coming next is a marketing scheme in business. Again they did not become number two world wide for poor business decisions. That's why I believe we will in fact get more updates to the honor 8 as it's their current honor flagship here in the US and also the phone that sparked their initial presence in the US. I don't see them just totally not giving the honor 8 what they promised as a good business practice from a strong more than well established mobile phone company that's number two world wide. My question to them would be will they continue with both brands here in a flagship manner or will they focus their efforts on one more than the other moving forward. I do think they will follow through with their previous stated commitments to all the phones they've released here thus far. I think personally they will continue to release a mixture of both honor and Huawei to Target two different customer bases. Just like their branding already is which Huawei being their high end flagship and honor bring their upper end mid range. That's been successful in every part of the rest of the world so I think the same will apply here in the US but right now they are still very new to this market so we are only seeing them grow slowly as I would expect that anyway with an unknown company of any kind in a new market. You have to establish yourself first by delivering on promises which builds a strong customer base do I see them actually releasing more phones than less phones but still on a slow progression over the next two years which by that time they will be just about ready to officially enter the US full blown and by then most of the US will then already be familiar with them as a superior mobile phone company strictly based off their track record they've slowly established.
    11-04-2017 11:28 AM

That is true. One brand is easier to push for recognition. I understand what they where doing... Tackling both the high end and lower end simultaneously... But that's a difficult task
    11-04-2017 12:00 PM
248 1234 ...