Next Honor phone for USA?

br77494

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Anyone have any clues - or speculation - as to what will be the next Honor phone to be released in the the USA? Will it be a previously released international model (Honor 9 or 7X) with added freqency bands for USA, or something new? Or are they done with the USA market?

Djlarocca

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
I think it'll be either the 7x or a rebranded Nova. I think honor is going budget this year in the US and not releasing anything I've $300.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I've since change my prediction as at first I believed that we'd see the honor 9 on black Friday or early December. Now for some reason I truly think we will be seeing the honor 8 pro. One reason is due to the success of the honor 8 name in the US so I think they will stick with that name since it's widely known and such a good device and release the honor 8 pro version now. Most likely early December before Christmas sales. There's a chance we may see it by black Friday but I'm thinking early December. I originally thought and wanted it to be the honor 9 but now I don't think we will ever see that device here. Also the honor 8 pro has not been released very long as it was in 2017 so it's very current and new. It has a 5.7 inch display and runs the Kirin 960 chip. Just an all around upgrade to the honor 8. I personally would get one to be utilized as my media phone due to the 5.7 inch screen and continue the regular honor 8 to be my daily driver. It just makes sense for honor to keep building on the honor 8 name by releasing the pro model here. I could be wrong but I have a strong gut feeling that is what we will see next from honor here. They are certainly due to release something and my second choice to be released here would be the 7x which is actually a downgrade from the honor 8. I would rather see them top the honor 8 although that's going to be tough to do as the honor 8 to me is very much a flagship device in just about every aspect.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I've since change my prediction as at first I believed that we'd see the honor 9 on black Friday or early December. Now for some reason I truly think we will be seeing the honor 8 pro. One reason is due to the success of the honor 8 name in the US so I think they will stick with that name since it's widely known and such a good device and release the honor 8 pro version now. Most likely early December before Christmas sales. There's a chance we may see it by black Friday but I'm thinking early December. I originally thought and wanted it to be the honor 9 but now I don't think we will ever see that device here. Also the honor 8 pro has not been released very long as it was in 2017 so it's very current and new. It has a 5.7 inch display and runs the Kirin 960 chip. Just an all around upgrade to the honor 8. I personally would get one to be utilized as my media phone due to the 5.7 inch screen and continue the regular honor 8 to be my daily driver. It just makes sense for honor to keep building on the honor 8 name by releasing the pro model here. I could be wrong but I have a strong gut feeling that is what we will see next from honor here. They are certainly due to release something and my second choice to be released here would be the 7x which is actually a downgrade from the honor 8. I would rather see them top the honor 8 although that's going to be tough to do as the honor 8 to me is very much a flagship device in just about every aspect.
It would be great to see the h8p. I don't think that we will see it in the states though

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
They think the honor 8 was successful, but it was actually you that bought them all.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
They think the honor 8 was successful, but it was actually you that bought them all.
I did buy three of them yes :). Honestly I think the honor 8 did very good here in the US for a unlocked non carrier phone. The phone is widely known for not being a carrier phone. I'm with it long term now so the only way I'd change or get something else is if honor releases another flagship type honor device here. If it's the 7x they release I won't have any interest in it bc it won't top the honor 8. I hope they release something comparable to the honor 8 or better. The question is when and if they do it. Yeah I am on my third one but I'm glad to say the others were 32g and black and blue. This time around I'm Pearl White and 64g as I'm going long term this time. I've tried out well enough other phones now and I always default back to the honor 8 so I know that I enjoy the phone. I hope they release the honor 8 pro as I'd get that and use it as my media device and keep my honor 8 as my daily driver. I can't do a large phone as a daily user. 5.7 inches in the pro version is quite large for me but great for media. That is if they aren't too expensive. The honor 8 pro is simply just my guess as to be the next phone they release. Originally it was the honor 9 that I thought we'd see but now I don't think we will see that device at all. Plus the honor 8 pro is a fairly new release in 2017 so it's still very current and for honor it carries on the honor 8 name which my thoughts dis very well in the US considering what it was up against. I don't think my three purchases helped their sales though as it grew to be rather popular pretty quickly as I recall.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I did buy three of them yes :). Honestly I think the honor 8 did very good here in the US for a unlocked non carrier phone. The phone is widely known for not being a carrier phone. I'm with it long term now so the only way I'd change or get something else is if honor releases another flagship type honor device here. If it's the 7x they release I won't have any interest in it bc it won't top the honor 8. I hope they release something comparable to the honor 8 or better. The question is when and if they do it. Yeah I am on my third one but I'm glad to say the others were 32g and black and blue. This time around I'm Pearl White and 64g as I'm going long term this time. I've tried out well enough other phones now and I always default back to the honor 8 so I know that I enjoy the phone. I hope they release the honor 8 pro as I'd get that and use it as my media device and keep my honor 8 as my daily driver. I can't do a large phone as a daily user. 5.7 inches in the pro version is quite large for me but great for media. That is if they aren't too expensive. The honor 8 pro is simply just my guess as to be the next phone they release. Originally it was the honor 9 that I thought we'd see but now I don't think we will see that device at all. Plus the honor 8 pro is a fairly new release in 2017 so it's still very current and for honor it carries on the honor 8 name which my thoughts dis very well in the US considering what it was up against. I don't think my three purchases helped their sales though as it grew to be rather popular pretty quickly as I recall.

Earlier in the year there were articles released stating that they weren’t going to be releasing the honor 9 any time soon because honor 8 sales were disappointing in the US. Bummed me out because I really want one. So I don’t know if we will be getting one or not. Maybe the 7x. Not sure about the nicer ones.

Last edited:

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Earlier in the year there were articles released stating that they weren’t going to be releasing the honor 9 any time soon because honor 8 sales were disappointing. Bummed me out because I really want one. So I don’t know if we will be getting one or not. Maybe the 7x. Not sure about the nicer ones.
Oh really? I never read any articles saying sales were poor but maybe my view on the honor 8 from being on this forum and on YouTube had me thinking it had done fairly well. If that's the case then we probably won't see anything better than the honor 8 which I hate that. The honor 8 is and was such a good device and we all know Huawei honor has lots more great devices which we will never even see. That's too bad to hear. I really thought that we'd see the honor 8 pro due to the honor 8 name being known here and people would buy it feeding off the honor 8 name that's already widely established. Now that makes me think we will only see devices like the honor 6x or that mid level type phone which is what the 7x is like. It's nowhere near as good as the honor 8 but sense you said they said sales were bad then I can definitely see the mid level being released now opposed to the honor flagship devices here in the US. Personally I think they should still offer a mid level and a flagship in the honor devices here in the US. I guess to produce a flagship honor device here and it not do well they'd loose money and we know they aren't in business for that. Looks like we all are going to have to wait until they officially enter the US market with the major carriers to see more variety of both honor and Huawei. How about the mate 9. Do you know if it ended up doing well here in the US. Maybe we will see a Huawei release instead of an honor but of course that means way more expensive. Now I feel like we might not see anything else until 2018 and nothing now for the rest of this year. I hope I'm wrong about all of it. I really like Huawei honor. EMUI is awesome and they produce a great phone on both sides budget and high end expensive. I was sure hoping they'd release something that equaled to or was a step above the honor 8. Doesn't look to good now hearing that.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Sales as I stated earlier were not good. I'd be happy for the Honor 8 Pro but that phone is a few months old now.
So do you think it will be the 7x then? If so that phone is a step below the honor 8 and a step above the honor 6x. I'm not sure I'd be interested in something less than the specs of the flagship type phone from honor such as the honor 8. Heck the honor 8 can easily compete with some of the high end flagships on the market with it that are double in price. Then what are your thoughts of when we will see another honor model released here in the US. The more and more I take this all in the more I beginning to think it will be the 7x now instead of the honor 8 pro. That really bites bc I was really looking forward to something that rivaled the honor 8 as it truly is a very good device. I know some wished it was larger but me personally I'm fine with the 5.2 inch screen as a daily driver as opposed to 5.5 or larger which I have tried but in the end I just can't do a large phone on a daily basis. This is another reason I had hoped for the honor 8 pro so I could rotate it out with my honor 8 from time to time using it for a lot of media. Really in the end I just wish Huawei honor would release more of a variety of phones here in the US to give us all choices but we actually don't even have a choice at all as they barely release any of their phones here so if we want an honor it's only one or two phones to choose from. If we want a Huawei then it's only the mate 9 which by the way I still would not mind getting that device even though the mate 10 is out now. I've heard lots of good things about the mate 9 still today. So do you think we will be seeing the 7x which if I remember correctly the chip in it is still in the 600s or am I wrong about that. It sounds as if I'm right that they will only be replacing the 6x and nothing to replace the upper end honor 8. What a let down for my favorite smart phone company that now will become even more limited and we will get nothing to replace or top the honor 8. It's like a tease as we all see all their phones being reviewed but yet we can't use them here in the US. Like I wanted the P10 but of course it was never even an option. I liked it bc it was 5.1 inches and powerful. It was also quite expensive being on the Huawei side too.

Djlarocca

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I don't think anyone outside the phone enthusiast world even knows about the honor 8. The 6x has sold a lot better than the 8, at least on amazon. The 6x is usually in the top 20 cellphone sales. The honor 8 is usually doesn't even crack the top 300. I think right now it's at 407 or something.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I don't think anyone outside the phone enthusiast world even knows about the honor 8. The 6x has sold a lot better than the 8, at least on amazon. The 6x is usually in the top 20 cellphone sales. The honor 8 is usually doesn't even crack the top 300. I think right now it's at 407 or something.

Yeah... For whatever reason the honor 8 sales are really poor. I can't imagine that Huawei is making any money on the honor 8 at its current selling price.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Earlier in the year there were articles released stating that they weren’t going to be releasing the honor 9 any time soon because honor 8 sales were disappointing. Bummed me out because I really want one. So I don’t know if we will be getting one or not. Maybe the 7x. Not sure about the nicer ones.

Yeah it seems unlikely given no news on that front. The honor 8 poor sales I think made them rethink for now

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it seems unlikely given no news on that front. The honor 8 poor sales I think made them rethink for now

Really disappointing. I was going to import either an honor 8 pro or 9 but the bands don’t even work here for LTE. So US is screwed both ways. I do really hope they try again some time but we shall see.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Gosh I sure hate to hear all these reports. I've done a lot of research on Huawei honor as a company but I've never checked or looked at the honor 8 sales. I honestly had no idea of how poorly it sold. That being said it makes me rethink my entire outlook on what honor releases next here in the US. Now I see it being highly doubtful that they will release anything comparable if not better than the honor 8 now. It kills me to say that bc I totally expected to see something to replace the honor 8. Bums me out. Looks like they will focus on the lower mid range phones and no more honor flagships for a while. If I was going to get another honor phone I'd only get what ever replaced and was comparable to the honor 8. So I would not have any interest in the 7x since it'll be a couple steps below the honor 8 unless it has a large display that I could use for movies and media to rotate out with my homor 8. That being said it now really makes me want the mate 9 as my media and movies phone but it's still expensive and I spent enough on phones this past year already. That's why I'm taking a break for a long while and settling down with the 64g honor 8. Now I just need my second phone to have a 5.5 inch screen or larger so if the 7x has that then in that case I'd be interested in one if that's what they release here next. Right now I have two 5.2 inch display phones so I know my other phone won't see any usage anymore so I'll probably sale it and save up for a budget type phone with a larger display in the next couple of months or so. That or I might try and locate a used mate 9 also to save money. The mate 9 would be a great media phone but no way I could use it as my daily driver. It's just too big to use on a daily basis for me. The 5.2 inch screen is almost the perfect size for a daily phone. Another reason why I like the honor 8 so much.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae