Next Honor phone for USA?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Really disappointing. I was going to import either an honor 8 pro or 9 but the bands don’t even work here for LTE. So US is screwed both ways. I do really hope they try again some time but we shall see.

Oh that sucks. no usa lte is a deal breaker.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Not even a year sale figures is reported. Pretty bad numbers apparently despite the great reviews from people.
That's unfortunate. But like I mentioned previously. No matter how good it is, most people aren't going to buy a phone from a manufacturer that is relatively unknown in the US.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
That's unfortunate. But like I mentioned previously. No matter how good it is, most people aren't going to buy a phone from a manufacturer that is relatively unknown in the US.

That's the sad part. People in the states only thinks about Apple and Samsung. It was hard to sell an LG or Motorola phones in my last job.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Not even a year sale figures is reported. Pretty bad numbers apparently despite the great reviews from people.
That's where I became confused as spending my time on forums and YouTube with the great review lead me to think the honor 8 did quite well here. That's not good to hear for those of us who want another honor flagship.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
That's the sad part. People in the states only thinks about Apple and Samsung. It was hard to sell an LG or Motorola phones in my last job.

Unfortunately both had a spotty past... Lg with bootloops on multiple phones, Motorola with poor warranty support and making update promises that it didn't keep. Not that Huawei is any better with warranty or update promises but at least honor phones are a good bang for the buck.

For many it honestly makes sense to buy Apple... Much better support, updates, warranty support...

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately both had a spotty past... Lg with bootloops on multiple phones, Motorola with poor warranty support and making update promises that it didn't keep. Not that Huawei is any better with warranty or update promises but at least honor phones are a good bang for the buck.

For many it honestly makes sense to buy Apple... Much better support, updates, warranty support...

That's true in many regards. But not everyone are aware of their issues. My customers never mentioned about lg bootloops or moto supports. They just want what's best according what they hear in the medias. Nothing wrong with Samsung g or apple. Just other companies can't compete in the states against them

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
That's true in many regards. But not everyone are aware of their issues. My customers never mentioned about lg bootloops or moto supports. They just want what's best according what they hear in the medias. Nothing wrong with Samsung g or apple. Just other companies can't compete in the states against them

Of course your customers wouldn't know. Lg and moto appeal more to the technical crowd or those looking for the best bang for the buck,most of whom aren't buying phones in stores. Those people are also the most likely to buy honor phones

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Of course your customers wouldn't know. Lg and moto appeal more to the technical crowd or those looking for the best bang for the buck,most of whom aren't buying phones in stores. Those people are also the most likely to buy honor phones

I wished they bought more honor phones. That'll make Huawei release the Honor 9 here too lol

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
For a long time I predicted that honor would release something new here either by black Friday or early December before Christmas sales. This thread has totally changed my entire outlook I have to say. Kind of a let down as Huawei Honor is my favorite brand and phone. They make superior devices but if they aren't going to offer them here ever then what's the point of continuing to be a fan of theirs. If I'm unable to buy their product then I guess I need to look elsewhere or even go back to Apple exclusively like I was for so many years. I do love the honor 8 so I hope we are all wrong and honor releases another upper end honor flagship device after all. They've stated that they will indeed enter the US market when 5g hits and is in full use. That could be two years away though. I'll be forced to find another brand to support and buy their product I'd that's the case. That's too bad as I really think they make superior devices. Plus I love EMUI.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
For a long time I predicted that honor would release something new here either by black Friday or early December before Christmas sales. This thread has totally changed my entire outlook I have to say. Kind of a let down as Huawei Honor is my favorite brand and phone. They make superior devices but if they aren't going to offer them here ever then what's the point of continuing to be a fan of theirs. If I'm unable to buy their product then I guess I need to look elsewhere or even go back to Apple exclusively like I was for so many years. I do love the honor 8 so I hope we are all wrong and honor releases another upper end honor flagship device after all. They've stated that they will indeed enter the US market when 5g hits and is in full use. That could be two years away though. I'll be forced to find another brand to support and buy their product I'd that's the case. That's too bad as I really think they make superior devices. Plus I love EMUI.

They'll eventually come to the state side once they can get brand recognition. Huawei did mention they're working with US carrier's. Don't let this thread bring you down. Huawei is also my fav brand. And Im not letdown.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
They'll eventually come to the state side once they can get brand recognition. Huawei did mention they're working with US carrier's. Don't let this thread bring you down. Huawei is also my fav brand. And Im not letdown.
They definitely need to keep a honor flagship going here in the US so I really hope they release something to take the place of the honor 8 when it's time to do so. The honor 8 is still a strong device for 2017 so there maybe still hope yet. They definitely need to have an honor flagship here at least as that would be a bad business decision on their part if they do not I think. I just dont know now which model they will release but they do have options. They make a lot of phones so let's hope they keep some type of honor flagship here in the US after the honor 8 has taken it's course.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't think Honor will be done with the US/North American customer base anytime soon. They are focusing on brand recognition and I think and hope they'll continue to pump out devices to us.

That being said, I think their next phone to us will be more of a rebranding of their previous phones.

br77494

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
I don't think Honor will be done with the US/North American customer base anytime soon. They are focusing on brand recognition and I think and hope they'll continue to pump out devices to us.

That being said, I think their next phone to us will be more of a rebranding of their previous phones.

Huawei seems to be into rebranding and renaming devices for particular markets. I really don't see anything bad about that - as long as each device was a bit unique. Could be we see something similar from them in the US.

Interesting that the Honor USA website seems to have gone cold recently. I don't think they have given up on USA/N. America. The Mate 10 Pro will be released here. Maybe when the Mate 10 Pro is released we'll also see a new Honor phone released at the same time?? Early January 2018?

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Huawei seems to be into rebranding and renaming devices for particular markets. I really don't see anything bad about that - as long as each device was a bit unique. Could be we see something similar from them in the US.

Interesting that the Honor USA website seems to have gone cold recently. I don't think they have given up on USA/N. America. The Mate 10 Pro will be released here. Maybe when the Mate 10 Pro is released we'll also see a new Honor phone released at the same time?? Early January 2018?

Honor 7X is what I'm betting on

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Considering how Huawei wants to get into the US. Selling affordable products along with its flagships is...wait for it...smart

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy