Question please about 7.0

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm used to running the latest software like Oreo with my Nexus 6p I sold to buy the honor 8. I know we all are only on 7.0 which I hope that changes soon but does 7.0 have the Doze feature? I don't recall if it started with 7.1.1 or if 7.0 had it. Reason I ask is because my battery is really taking a hit overnight when I sleep. Is anyone else having this issue and if so what have you done to balance it out? I need some advice big time on this one if you guys don't mind. I've totally optimized the phone so I dont have any apps running in the background. How can I stop loosing so much battery when my phone is asleep too? I thought that was what Doze was for?? Anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I think I may have figured out why some of major battery consuming apps were still running in the background. I went to apps and although it was a pain I clicked on every app then hit data usage then I restricted the app from running in the background while not in use. This should definitely help my battery but let me ask, wasn't that was what Doze was for? Every night I go to sleep I wake the next morning to find my battery has drained a lot. It shouldn't be doing this. If anyone has anything else I can do that you advise please let me know.

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I think I may have figured out why some of major battery consuming apps were still running in the background. I went to apps and although it was a pain I clicked on every app then hit data usage then I restricted the app from running in the background while not in use. This should definitely help my battery but let me ask, wasn't that was what Doze was for? Every night I go to sleep I wake the next morning to find my battery has drained a lot. It shouldn't be doing this. If anyone has anything else I can do that you advise please let me know.
Set it up to close apps on screen lock.

Djlarocca

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
I think Android 7.0 still has a few battery Gremlins in it. 7.1 apparently fixed a lot of issues concerning battery life. I think the honor 8 will see Oreo before it see 7.1.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I think Android 7.0 still has a few battery Gremlins in it. 7.1 apparently fixed a lot of issues concerning battery life. I think the honor 8 will see Oreo before it see 7.1.
I think I read that Huawei likes to push major letter updates. That's why we are still on 7.0.0

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
what is a doze feature
Doze is a feature we all should have I think or it maybe only available on 7.1.1 but when your phone goes to sleep after a few minutes of non use and sitting still it will recognize this thus doze I I'll kick in shutting off all your running apps in the background and you get zero battery drainage during the doze time. Whether its 30 minutes or 4 hours. Your battery essentially won't drain whole doze is kicked in. Upi might loose one to two percent overnight with doze but I'm unsure if it's a feature that's on 7.0 other if it's only on 7.1.1 and up.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Doze is a feature we all should have I think or it maybe only available on 7.1.1 but when your phone goes to sleep after a few minutes of non use and sitting still it will recognize this thus doze I I'll kick in shutting off all your running apps in the background and you get zero battery drainage during the doze time. Whether its 30 minutes or 4 hours. Your battery essentially won't drain whole doze is kicked in. Upi might loose one to two percent overnight with doze but I'm unsure if it's a feature that's on 7.0 other if it's only on 7.1.1 and up.
Oh! Where in the settings do I find this? Sounds nice

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Oh! Where in the settings do I find this? Sounds nice
Oh it should be an automatic setting that automatically kicks in when after just a few minutes of your phone sitting still and asleep. The only thing is though I'm unsure if 7.0 offers it or if its 7.1.1 or higher. I feel like it's 7.1.1 or higher bc when I first got the honor 8 my phone was draining overnight like crazy until I went in settings and essentially did the same thing to my phone that doze does which turns off all the apps running in the background while not in use so now when my phone goes to sleep my battery does not drain anymore. Just go in settings and type in optimize and go to that setting and it allows you to shut down all your apps running in the background all at one time which is basically does the same thing doze does. Except you manually have to do it on 7.0 or lower I believe. Double check me on that by a Google search about what upgrade did doze come with. There is no setting for doze as it just automatically kicks in after your phone goes to sleep and is sitting still after a few minutes so in theory it will work during the day too when times you aren't using your phone which will save your battery life. If you've not optimized your honor yet I highly recommend that you do. My battery life is ten times better now but leave open the apps that you still want to allow to refresh like your email or Facebook which I didn't but I did for Instagram on mine. I left three open to continue to run. The rest are completely shut down after I get out of the app itself.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Oh it should be an automatic setting that automatically kicks in when after just a few minutes of your phone sitting still and asleep. The only thing is though I'm unsure if 7.0 offers it or if its 7.1.1 or higher. I feel like it's 7.1.1 or higher bc when I first got the honor 8 my phone was draining overnight like crazy until I went in settings and essentially did the same thing to my phone that doze does which turns off all the apps running in the background while not in use so now when my phone goes to sleep my battery does not drain anymore. Just go in settings and type in optimize and go to that setting and it allows you to shut down all your apps running in the background all at one time which is basically does the same thing doze does. Except you manually have to do it on 7.0 or lower I believe. Double check me on that by a Google search about what upgrade did doze come with. There is no setting for doze as it just automatically kicks in after your phone goes to sleep and is sitting still after a few minutes so in theory it will work during the day too when times you aren't using your phone which will save your battery life. If you've not optimized your honor yet I highly recommend that you do. My battery life is ten times better now but leave open the apps that you still want to allow to refresh like your email or Facebook which I didn't but I did for Instagram on mine. I left three open to continue to run. The rest are completely shut down after I get out of the app itself.
I charge my phone overnight to ensure 100% battery life when I wake up

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I charge my phone overnight to ensure 100% battery life when I wake up
I don't have to charge my phone overnight anymore if it's close to full before I go to bed since I optimized it shutting down all the running apps in the background that drain the battery while it sleeps or in stand by mode. It's helped a lot. I of course charge mine to at night if it needs it if down below 75 percent but I can be right at the same the next morning if I don't charge it overnight now. You should optimize yours too. It helps your battery life tremendously. Just go to settings and search optimize and it will bring up that setting to allow you to shut down all your apps from running while in stand by mode. It made a huge difference when I did it to mine. I don't have to charge my phone near as much as I used to.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
I don't have to charge my phone overnight anymore if it's close to full before I go to bed since I optimized it shutting down all the running apps in the background that drain the battery while it sleeps or in stand by mode. It's helped a lot. I of course charge mine to at night if it needs it if down below 75 percent but I can be right at the same the next morning if I don't charge it overnight now. You should optimize yours too. It helps your battery life tremendously. Just go to settings and search optimize and it will bring up that setting to allow you to shut down all your apps from running while in stand by mode. It made a huge difference when I did it to mine. I don't have to charge my phone near as much as I used to.
Oh that's great. Optimizing your phone to keep the battery life last longer is good. But I'm a pretty heavy user for most of the time so my phones battery doesnt last as long as I want it. Also, I love waking up to 100% in the afternoon...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance