How many of you think the Honor 8 is a flagship spec phone?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Oh you still looking at the iPhone 7? It should be a little cheaper than the 8,which could be a good choice if you have limited finances
Yeah I was thinking about going for the limited edition Red iPhone 7 but I doubt it bc I want the latest and newest model I can get due to it going to be a long term device where the 7 is now a year dated. I'm still tempted though bc I like metal better than glass but that bionic 11 chip in the iPhone 8 is supposed to be the most powerful processor on the market even over android. I know it's far more efficient than the 835 bc it only takes an iPhone 2 gs of ram where Android needs 4 to 6gs of ram to achieve the best efficiency so that makes me very much want to get the iPhone 8. Plus it has a better camera than the 7 and wireless charging although I really don't know what to think about a all glass iPhone. Seems it will be odd to me but I'll be fine with it. There is a certain Apple case that is my favorite that I mostly exclusively use for my iPhones which I'd just get that case to put on it. So I'd never really even notice the glass anyway. I'll also order a Red skin for it too when times I am not using a case.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I was thinking about going for the limited edition Red iPhone 7 but I doubt it bc I want the latest and newest model I can get due to it going to be a long term device where the 7 is now a year dated. I'm still tempted though bc I like metal better than glass but that bionic 11 chip in the iPhone 8 is supposed to be the most powerful processor on the market even over android. I know it's far more efficient than the 835 bc it only takes an iPhone 2 gs of ram where Android needs 4 to 6gs of ram to achieve the best efficiency so that makes me very much want to get the iPhone 8. Plus it has a better camera than the 7 and wireless charging although I really don't know what to think about a all glass iPhone. Seems it will be odd to me but I'll be fine with it. There is a certain Apple case that is my favorite that I mostly exclusively use for my iPhones which I'd just get that case to put on it. So I'd never really even notice the glass anyway. I'll also order a Red skin for it too when times I am not using a case.
The iPhone 7 would still be good for a few more years. I wouldn't let that dissuade me,if I wanted a red iPhone

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
I can tell you guys from having owned all three colors that the black is my least favorite as it hides the reflective points of the phone. The sapphire blue was probably my favorite simply bc I am a Spiderman Cap America fan so I'd put a red case on it or red skin and theme it towards those two characters lol but Pearl is a close second now that I have it in person. The Pearl definitely seems to contrast the best against cases and skins as the Pearl is a lighter color so naturally it's going to contrast much better. In person the sapphire blue has the most stunning look and how it refelects light. It really shows off the blue quite well. It's unique and different. I like both the Pearl and blue but if I was just forced to choose a color it would probably be the blue color. I got the Pearl color bc I had owned the blue and black before plus I wanted something totally different to what I've had before.
The black version never caught my eye like the sapphire blue did. Reflection of the back was a big difference between them two.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
The black version never caught my eye like the sapphire blue did. Reflection of the back was a big difference between them two.
You're exactly right the black is the least eye catching. Blue is the best then the white Pearl. Black is the least. Believe me I remember all to well when I had it. It wasn't bad but just not the blue.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
You're exactly right the black is the least eye catching. Blue is the best then the white Pearl. Black is the least. Believe me I remember all to well when I had it. It wasn't bad but just not the blue.
I believe it. Sapphire blue is different from your typical black and white.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Yes, and in some lights it does look gold/orange.
Oh wow that is even better to me. Now I wish Xfinity offered this phone but they have limited devices which they only have iPhones and Samsung. I'm sticking with Xfinity because at the very least I get a $500 gift card which will pay off most of either phone I get or I'll use it and buy a celluar iPad with it. Especially if get the iPhone as the iPad is highly compatible with text messages and face time.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh wow that is even better to me. Now I wish Xfinity offered this phone but they have limited devices which they only have iPhones and Samsung. I'm sticking with Xfinity because at the very least I get a $500 gift card which will pay off most of either phone I get or I'll use it and buy a celluar iPad with it. Especially if get the iPhone as the iPad is highly compatible with text messages and face time.
That $500 is hard to give up! You should take it

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh well. Glad I didn't get the black one

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Definitely. I like red phones myself.
I think Red is the coolest looking color there is. Not dark reds that almost look maroon but bright cherry type reds that have a hint of orange hue to them. That's my favorite shade of Red. It's always attracted me in every facet of life. Not just phones but on a variety of other things too. Pretty girls included :)
For sure!

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Was it at flagship level when released?
Never thought it was or is personally.

In no way is it at flagship level currently.

Looks good of course.
I think the way it looked dazzled buyers who overlooked things the phone didn't have.
When I unboxed mine I was very impressed...with the look of it.

Camera with it's features along with EMUI 4 were sweet at first.
Honor then decided to turn a great phone into a good phone.

The phone fell from grace with me rather quickly due to a glitch or two...then came EMUI 5 :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12