My Honor 8 setup and questions

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
So have been familiarizing with this terrific new phone.

I read somewhere that you can setup screen shots by using your knuckle to tap but I cannot find anything in settings. Is this available?

Wants to update to EMUI 5.0 but I am happy with current setup. Any good reasons why I should especially as I am using Nova launcher?

Keyboards: Not a big fan of Honor keyboard. Anyone use something else? I like a keyboard that you get numbers, ABC and symbols by long pressing a letter. I can get Google keyboard but anything else that does what I want for me to try.

Tried out EMUI but maybe it would do what I want but lot of learning involved and probably getting themes. For example I couldn't figure out how to change size of icons, and the calendar doesn't load as well. Nova has it all in a nice package. Will try to add a screen shot of each.

Lots to like about this phone, great so far especially for unerring $250.

Attachments

• acc=1;doc=2678.jpg
    acc=1;doc=2678.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 23

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I didn't look under motion control.

Knuckle tap was already enabled I just didn't try it.

To get a screen recording is tricky as you have to hit the screen simultaneously with 2 knuckles, harder than it would seem.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I didn't look under motion control.

Knuckle tap was already enabled I just didn't try it.

To get a screen recording is tricky as you have to hit the screen simultaneously with 2 knuckles, harder than it would seem.
Yeah it is a little tricky. Gets easier with practice.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
You'll get some improved performance and little other things when updated to EMUI 5. you'll lose your pull down notification separation

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
My phone came with 6.0 and while I have the update pending for 5.0 not seen the Nougat update. Don't really care as I have seen my wife's Samsung tablet updated from 6.0 to 7.0 and I am not thrilled with it.

Will I eventually see an update or do you have to look for it and download. I just don't want it to auto load.

My Samsung Tab S2 tablet has a notification for upgrading to 7.0 and it stays in the notification bar and a screen pops up every couple days asking me to update. Have not been able to get of this annoying reminder.

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
So I do like one change but not sure whether it is EMUI 5 or android 6 to 7 related. That is the recent apps drawer. with the up and down 3d view. I suspect that is part of 7.0 not EMUI 5 am I correct.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I've never tried the knuckles for a screen shot as I just use a double press of the fingerprint sensor for screen shots. Way easier to me than using your knuckles I would think. I'll pass on that feature I think. I knew about it but never once tried it. Setting it my fingerprint sensor is just so easy.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've never tried the knuckles for a screen shot as I just use a double press of the fingerprint sensor for screen shots. Way easier to me than using your knuckles I would think. I'll pass on that feature I think. I knew about it but never once tried it. Setting it my fingerprint sensor is just so easy.

I like using knuckle drawings/gestures for opening things like my SMS app and Chrome app; but I do press my fingerprint sensor to bring up my messaging app, so that would be a quicker gesture... But it's still fun to draw on the screen. 😊

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
So I do like one change but not sure whether it is EMUI 5 or android 6 to 7 related. That is the recent apps drawer. with the up and down 3d view. I suspect that is part of 7.0 not EMUI 5 am I correct.
I don't really know about this. Anyone can chip in to answer this ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12