Who here would drop their Honor 8 for an iPhone 8 if you had a chance to?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
So as I did I had a great opportunity to get the new iPhone 8 and thus I decided to drop my Honor 8 to get the iPhone 8. I ask because EMUI is a lot like IOS as I sit here and type this I remember back very clearly that EMUI is really very similar to IOS. I believe it’s why some of us like EMUI due to how smooth and fluid the software is much like IOS. Plus settings are a lot like IOS. I can tell you guys I’m so excited to have my iPhone back. Today I found a Black Friday sale on a iPad Pro 9.7 which I owned in 2016 which now the 10.5 inch pro took its place. I wanted that 10.5 inch pro and actually bought it but I took it back thinking I needed to be more practical and save money and got the current iPad 9.7 which does not support the Apple Pencil and way less features. Well today I found a iPad Pro 9.7 inch 256g cellular on amazon where they had it on sale for $699!! That’s not that much more than what I paid for my current iPad with way less features which I never even pulled the plastic off of. I’m taking it back tomorrow and returning it and picking up the Apple Pencil again with a red pencil case. I’ll take lots of notes with the pencil and the iPad Pro has True Tone display, more power and four sets of stereo speakers. Also it’s built with a better screen which is anti glare and there is no gap between the screen and underside of the internal part of the iPad. In other words it’s far superior built than the current iPad that I had bought but thankfully never even opened it up as I just knew I wanted that discontinued iPad Pro 9.7 2016 model which is basically just like the new 10.5 inch iPad Pro. Plus I’ve got two keyboard cases I ordered for it coming and a regular case without a keyboard.

I have to care for my sick mother and take her to the doctor almost daily while she gets her radiation and chemo treatments so I’ll be able to take my iPad Pro with me while I wait in the waiting room on her and have internet access as I got the cellular model. At $699 for a iPad Pro 9.7 with 256g is an awesome deal! Still expensive but compared to what it would have cost me last year it’s a rock bottom price. I probably saved $250 to $300 bucks today on that iPad Pro. I’m looking forward to the two Keyboard cases I ordered for it too. I like making my ipads turn into mini laptops which is why I ended up ordering two of them. I’ve is more heavy and one more slim and thin. They arent cheap but Black Friday helped me out on them as they were on sale.

So anyways how many of you given the great opportunity would let their honor 8 go to get the new iPhone 8. I’m not sure how many of you have used IOS before but IOS 11 is far better than IOS has ever been before.

laytoncy

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
From what I read it's a great phone and the rest of my family uses iPhones. I switched to Android from an iPhone 4 to a Moto X 2014 PE (still love Moto) 12/2014. I would not give up my Honor 8 for an iPhone 8 unless it was to resell the iPhone 8 to buy a new Android phone 😀. I'm very happy with Android and there are some apps I can't get in iOS that I can't live without. I'm very familiar with iOS as I support users at work. The only way I would move to iOS is if my work forced me to get a company phone. Since I make those decisions at work that won't be happening any time soon.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Re: How here would drop their Honor 8 for an iPhone 8 if you had a chance to?

Can't really see myself using an iphone. The customization on Android is huge for me. I'd be bored looking at my phone with the same up after a while. Being able to customize it is what keeping me to continue using androids.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site

Can't really see myself using an iphone. The customization on Android is huge for me. I'd be bored looking at my phone with the same up after a while. Being able to customize it is what keeping me to continue using androids.

IOS has gotten a little better over the years but it’s still not near at customizable as android is. Still for me IOS is fun for me and I enjoy it immensely. I find it to be a lot like EMUI but is still not totally the same or anything. They both are just very smooth and fluid which I find the most similar trait with both. I still like android though but I’m a true die hard apple fan.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I would not. I respect Apple, but I prefer Android and my Honor 8.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site

IOS has gotten a little better over the years but it’s still not near at customizable as android is. Still for me IOS is fun for me and I enjoy it immensely. I find it to be a lot like EMUI but is still not totally the same or anything. They both are just very smooth and fluid which I find the most similar trait with both. I still like android though but I’m a true die hard apple fan.
I'll think about using one if they can add widgets lol

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site

I miss some parts of android as I spent a whole year and half straight with it and loved it but I also I suppose was so used to apple since had used it for so many long years that I decided in the end to swap back bc I was still considering the Note 8 there for while as I was torn between the iPhone 8 and Note 8 but a lot of you helped me out and said that it might be best if I went with the iPhone 8 over the Note 8 in the end. I really appreciate the help too bc overall I like both IOS and Android for both of their different reasons and features. When Honor releases its next flagship I will no doubt be tempted but I finally had made the promise to myself that I would settle down to one phone and I knew it would be very expensive to switch back to apple having to buy an iPhone unlocked so the only reason I switched back over was due to the opportunity I had gotten through Xfininty and the $500 dollar gift card offer and being able to finance my iPhone. The gift card basically aid for my iPad Pro that I’m typing this on right now. So a lot went my way for me to actually be even able to make swap back over and had I not been able to I would have been very happy to have kept my honor 8 too.

I ordered the same keyboard case that I used to use with my last iPad Pro which is the Targus 4 in 1 Smart Keyboard and this thing is awesome. It truly turns my pro into a mini laptop. The only feature it doesn’t have is back lit keys which I can live without. The srceen swivels in all different directions and can even be turned totally around to lay flush to the keyboard turning it back into just a tablet too without having to take it out of the case. I ordered one other keyboard case from Logitech but I’m not sure if ill end up keeping it or not. I got it on sale for Black Friday as its slimmer and more thin than my Targus so I will have to see how sturdy it ends up being.

Anyways i was just curious if any of you would ever consider IOS like myself being that EMUI is a lot like IOS in some ways or another. Even though I’m a apple die hard i still hold much respect for android unlike a lot I’ve seen who don’t on the iMore forums. I guess really that doesn’t truly make me a true die hard apple as i would have no problem switching back again some day but as for right now it was so much trouble and effort getting my iPhone 8 and new iPad Pro that I don’t even want to think about buying another phone for while lol. My step brother needs a phone really bad so I’m going to give him my new axon 7 so he can have a good phone as his is really old and right now he doesn’t even have service. I told him i would pay for his first month of service too. He will be getting a very solid phone with the best speakers in the industry with the axon 7.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
So as I did I had a great opportunity to get the new iPhone 8 and thus I decided to drop my Honor 8 to get the iPhone 8. I ask because EMUI is a lot like IOS as I sit here and type this I remember back very clearly that EMUI is really very similar to IOS. I believe it’s why some of us like EMUI due to how smooth and fluid the software is much like IOS. Plus settings are a lot like IOS. I can tell you guys I’m so excited to have my iPhone back. Today I found a Black Friday sale on a iPad Pro 9.7 which I owned in 2016 which now the 10.5 inch pro took its place. I wanted that 10.5 inch pro and actually bought it but I took it back thinking I needed to be more practical and save money and got the current iPad 9.7 which does not support the Apple Pencil and way less features. Well today I found a iPad Pro 9.7 inch 256g cellular on amazon where they had it on sale for $699!! That’s not that much more than what I paid for my current iPad with way less features which I never even pulled the plastic off of. I’m taking it back tomorrow and returning it and picking up the Apple Pencil again with a red pencil case. I’ll take lots of notes with the pencil and the iPad Pro has True Tone display, more power and four sets of stereo speakers. Also it’s built with a better screen which is anti glare and there is no gap between the screen and underside of the internal part of the iPad. In other words it’s far superior built than the current iPad that I had bought but thankfully never even opened it up as I just knew I wanted that discontinued iPad Pro 9.7 2016 model which is basically just like the new 10.5 inch iPad Pro. Plus I’ve got two keyboard cases I ordered for it coming and a regular case without a keyboard.

I have to care for my sick mother and take her to the doctor almost daily while she gets her radiation and chemo treatments so I’ll be able to take my iPad Pro with me while I wait in the waiting room on her and have internet access as I got the cellular model. At $699 for a iPad Pro 9.7 with 256g is an awesome deal! Still expensive but compared to what it would have cost me last year it’s a rock bottom price. I probably saved $250 to $300 bucks today on that iPad Pro. I’m looking forward to the two Keyboard cases I ordered for it too. I like making my ipads turn into mini laptops which is why I ended up ordering two of them. I’ve is more heavy and one more slim and thin. They arent cheap but Black Friday helped me out on them as they were on sale.

So anyways how many of you given the great opportunity would let their honor 8 go to get the new iPhone 8. I’m not sure how many of you have used IOS before but IOS 11 is far better than IOS has ever been before.
No, I would not. I did have the iPhone 7 Plus last year but that was because of the note 7.

I might consider the iPhone x but too expensive now.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
From what I read it's a great phone and the rest of my family uses iPhones. I switched to Android from an iPhone 4 to a Moto X 2014 PE (still love Moto) 12/2014. I would not give up my Honor 8 for an iPhone 8 unless it was to resell the iPhone 8 to buy a new Android phone 😀. I'm very happy with Android and there are some apps I can't get in iOS that I can't live without. I'm very familiar with iOS as I support users at work. The only way I would move to iOS is if my work forced me to get a company phone. Since I make those decisions at work that won't be happening any time soon.
Haha. It's awesome that you make the work phone choices.... Everyone must get an honor 8!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I agree. The customization of Android is great. The iphone does have some nifty tricks too though... Overall certainly not as customizable as Android

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I am glad that you are enjoying ios. The important thing is that you are happy

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I miss some parts of android as I spent a whole year and half straight with it and loved it but I also I suppose was so used to apple since had used it for so many long years that I decided in the end to swap back bc I was still considering the Note 8 there for while as I was torn between the iPhone 8 and Note 8 but a lot of you helped me out and said that it might be best if I went with the iPhone 8 over the Note 8 in the end. I really appreciate the help too bc overall I like both IOS and Android for both of their different reasons and features. When Honor releases its next flagship I will no doubt be tempted but I finally had made the promise to myself that I would settle down to one phone and I knew it would be very expensive to switch back to apple having to buy an iPhone unlocked so the only reason I switched back over was due to the opportunity I had gotten through Xfininty and the $500 dollar gift card offer and being able to finance my iPhone. The gift card basically aid for my iPad Pro that I’m typing this on right now. So a lot went my way for me to actually be even able to make swap back over and had I not been able to I would have been very happy to have kept my honor 8 too.

I ordered the same keyboard case that I used to use with my last iPad Pro which is the Targus 4 in 1 Smart Keyboard and this thing is awesome. It truly turns my pro into a mini laptop. The only feature it doesn’t have is back lit keys which I can live without. The srceen swivels in all different directions and can even be turned totally around to lay flush to the keyboard turning it back into just a tablet too without having to take it out of the case. I ordered one other keyboard case from Logitech but I’m not sure if ill end up keeping it or not. I got it on sale for Black Friday as its slimmer and more thin than my Targus so I will have to see how sturdy it ends up being.

Anyways i was just curious if any of you would ever consider IOS like myself being that EMUI is a lot like IOS in some ways or another. Even though I’m a apple die hard i still hold much respect for android unlike a lot I’ve seen who don’t on the iMore forums. I guess really that doesn’t truly make me a true die hard apple as i would have no problem switching back again some day but as for right now it was so much trouble and effort getting my iPhone 8 and new iPad Pro that I don’t even want to think about buying another phone for while lol. My step brother needs a phone really bad so I’m going to give him my new axon 7 so he can have a good phone as his is really old and right now he doesn’t even have service. I told him i would pay for his first month of service too. He will be getting a very solid phone with the best speakers in the industry with the axon 7.
I am glad that you got the iPhone. I don't think that you would be happy with the note 8.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site

It's really tempting to get a new phone when there's so many great phones coming out throughout the year. I also got a keyboard case on my tablet to turn it into a nice mini laptop. Handy and helps to keep it standing up

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site

I agree. The customization of Android is great. The iphone does have some nifty tricks too though... Overall certainly not as customizable as Android

Customization is amazing. Waiting for Apple to be more customizable like Androids.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084