Leaving the Honor 8 fam

Vanessa Lynd

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Sad to say but I jumped ship and going for Honor 8's bigger brother the Mate 9. Thanksgiving deal was too good to pass up with the free fitness band. I wanted something bigger and longer lasting. I enjoyed reading the posts here. My Honor 8 was a pleasure to use, still snappy and I've taken many wonderful memories with its great camera. I'll miss it dearly. If anyone has a suggestion on how or where to sell it, I would greatly appreciate it.

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Did the same move.
Goes without saying that Mate 9 is s much, much nicer handset.
I'm sure you'll be very happy.

BTW:
I sold my honor 8 and all it's accessories on Swappa a few months ago.
Sold in 2 days for $275.00

Welcome to the Mate 9 and good luck!

Last edited:

Vanessa Lynd

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Guytronic, I have not sold anything online in my life. How much is it to ship and do you get insurance? My 32 gb Honor 8 is well taken care of I don't know how much it will fetch. I'm also afraid of people scamming me as I have heard of such during online transactions. I'll look into this Swappa.

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
If I remember correctly of the 275 I got from the Swappa buyer my losses were 18 dollars for the Swappa and PayPal fees then $12.75 to ship from the Westcoast to the Eastcoast.

With Swappa expect to lose 30-40 dollars :(
To me Swappa is the best option currently.
It may be a bit intimidating to get started yet once as a seller you get the hang of it things will be good.

Swappa has trending selling prices for all devices so that's a great help.
I try to stay as simple as possible with my sales and I don't respond to low ball offers.

There's a lot of Swappa advice right here on AC.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
You're still in the Huawei club, don't worry! :) So glad you are liking your Mate 9, and that you got a great deal on it!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Sad to say but I jumped ship and going for Honor 8's bigger brother the Mate 9. Thanksgiving deal was too good to pass up with the free fitness band. I wanted something bigger and longer lasting. I enjoyed reading the posts here. My Honor 8 was a pleasure to use, still snappy and I've taken many wonderful memories with its great camera. I'll miss it dearly. If anyone has a suggestion on how or where to sell it, I would greatly appreciate it.
Sorry to hear it but the mate 9 is a good choice. I was really tempted to get one myself

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Did the same move.
Goes without saying that Mate 9 is s much, much nicer handset.
I'm sure you'll be very happy.

BTW:
I sold my honor 8 and all it's accessories on Swappa a few months ago.
Sold in 2 days for $275.00

Welcome to the Mate 9 and good luck!
$275 seems like a pretty solid price. Was it the 32 or 64gb?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Guytronic, I have not sold anything online in my life. How much is it to ship and do you get insurance? My 32 gb Honor 8 is well taken care of I don't know how much it will fetch. I'm also afraid of people scamming me as I have heard of such during online transactions. I'll look into this Swappa.

Shipping is$7.20 via. Usps priority padded mailer. Insurance is another $5. Swappa fees $10. PayPal fees roughly 3%.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If I remember correctly of the 275 I got from the Swappa buyer my losses were 18 dollars for the Swappa and PayPal fees then $12.75 to ship from the Westcoast to the Eastcoast.

With Swappa expect to lose 30-40 dollars :(
To me Swappa is the best option currently.
It may be a bit intimidating to get started yet once as a seller you get the hang of it things will be good.

Swappa has trending selling prices for all devices so that's a great help.
I try to stay as simple as possible with my sales and I don't respond to low ball offers.

There's a lot of Swappa advice right here on AC.

I agree. Swappa is a better option than ebay. I use it to sell all my phones

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
$275 seems like a pretty solid price. Was it the 32 or 64gb?
Mine was the 32gb.

Also I didn't use the fps button that much.
The Mate 9 has too many attributes so to me the fps button by no means was a deal breaker.
Frankly I thought that feature would be prone to failures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21