02-14-2018 08:42 AM
48 12
tools
    Okay, so I was walking home from work and using my GPS. My battery was at about 60%. And then it just turned off! It said the battery was at 1% (it wasn't). It worked for maybe five minutes afterward and then shut down. Now it seems to be working okay... but I'm not thrilled.

Has anyone else's phone done that - turn off and then will work periodically?
    02-07-2018 04:46 PM
    Okay, so I was walking home from work and using my GPS. My battery was at about 60%. And then it just turned off! It said the battery was at 1% (it wasn't). It worked for maybe five minutes afterward and then shut down. Now it seems to be working okay... but I'm not thrilled.

Has anyone else's phone done that - turn off and then will work periodically?
    That's probably down to temperature. Was it cold?
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-07-2018 06:39 PM
    That's probably down to temperature. Was it cold?
    Yes, I was just about to edit my post! It was -13 with the windchill; so it was probably the weather. But in the moment, I of course panicked. 🤣
    orangecroc likes this.
    02-07-2018 06:46 PM
    Yes, I was just about to edit my post! It was -13 with the windchill; so it was probably the weather. But in the moment, I of course panicked. 🤣
    That's significantly below the operating temperature so I would not be worried in this instance
    02-09-2018 06:17 AM
    The battery issue.
    Battery issue with me too. The cold is a separate issue that I figured would happen.
    Does this happen everyday or only once in a while?
    02-09-2018 11:49 AM
    I've had my Honor 8 for almost 14 months now and I've yet to experience a battery issue like that. I've noticed that my battery life - though still very good - is obviously not as great as it was a year or even nine months ago; but I've never had the phone shut down like that. Most nights I plug it in with about 18-25% left.

But yes, that is definitely a concerning issue to have. I'm curious to see if other users here have had the problem, as well.
    Turns out draining he battery to like 15% etc. every day is harmful for the battery. Not sure how but that's what I gathered from online articles.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-09-2018 12:02 PM
    Does this happen everyday or only once in a while?
    80 percent of the time
    02-09-2018 12:41 PM
    Turns out draining he battery to like 15% etc. every day is harmful for the battery. Not sure how but that's what I gathered from online articles.
    Well, that is unfortunate. 😓
    02-09-2018 01:39 PM
    For me that equals using my phone is harmful. I guess we're supposed to plug in before it reaches 40% or something. Crazy
    02-09-2018 02:15 PM
    For me that equals using my phone is harmful. I guess we're supposed to plug in before it reaches 40% or something. Crazy
    Yea but that's unfortunately how our current battery technology works. It isn't a Honor specific problem. Every manufacturer faces this. Apple throttled their phones just to avoid this.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-09-2018 02:24 PM
    Yea but that's unfortunately how our current battery technology works. It isn't a Honor specific problem. Every manufacturer faces this. Apple throttled their phones just to avoid this.
    I agree with you. Plus, once a phone hits the one-year mark, there are more chances of things going wrong with them.
    02-09-2018 07:25 PM
    Well it's best to keep the depth of discharge small to keep the battery in the best health
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-09-2018 09:19 PM
    Apple also will replace the battery for just $29 at least for this year, which I think is very reasonable
    02-09-2018 09:20 PM
    Apple also will replace the battery for just $29 at least for this year, which I think is very reasonable
    Yup and their stores are literally everywhere so battery replacement is really easily.
    02-09-2018 11:46 PM
    Well it's best to keep the depth of discharge small to keep the battery in the best health
    I remember batteries for my BlackBerry phones being super expensive (I think one cost $80, which I didn't end up buying); so by comparison, that really is a good deal.
    02-10-2018 08:50 AM
    I remember batteries for my BlackBerry phones being super expensive (I think one cost $80, which I didn't end up buying); so by comparison, that really is a good deal.
    Yup, it's a very reasonable price for sure. Especially considering the amount of work needed to do it
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-10-2018 11:24 PM
    Yup, it's a very reasonable price for sure. Especially considering the amount of work needed to do it
    Agreed! I'm glad they have that available. My brother just got an iPhone so I'm hoping he can take advantage of that if he ever needs a new battery (if something happens to it within this calendar year).
    02-11-2018 10:28 AM
    Agreed! I'm glad they have that available. My brother just got an iPhone so I'm hoping he can take advantage of that if he ever needs a new battery (if something happens to it within this calendar year).
    Yeah I am thinking of doing it for my wife's iPhone se. She likes Apple and the small form factor and there is not rumored to be a similarly sized se replacement so she might be stuck with it for a while. Changing the battery might be a good preventative measure
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-12-2018 12:14 AM
    Yeah I am thinking of doing it for my wife's iPhone se. She likes Apple and the small form factor and there is not rumored to be a similarly sized se replacement so she might be stuck with it for a while. Changing the battery might be a good preventative measure
    That's too bad that there won't be an SE-related phone coming out anytime soon!
    dpham00 likes this.
    02-12-2018 12:13 PM
    That's too bad that there won't be an SE-related phone coming out anytime soon!
    There isn't rumors of a new set but none at the same size
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-12-2018 10:10 PM
    Ahhh, gotcha. I really like the SE, actually. It's a good phone.
    02-13-2018 09:30 AM
    Actually I've read on many sites that Apple might release one with a slightly updated design around the end of this month. The sources might be wrong though. Apple might refresh the SE line since it is pretty popular in India especialy since its price fell there (Now manufactured in India so alot cheaper than importing)
    02-14-2018 01:16 AM
    Actually I've read on many sites that Apple might release one with a slightly updated design around the end of this month. The sources might be wrong though. Apple might refresh the SE line since it is pretty popular in India especialy since its price fell there (Now manufactured in India so alot cheaper than importing)
    I hope that you are right. I don't see many people using the small iPhone anymore
    02-14-2018 08:42 AM
48 12