04-24-2018 01:59 PM
62 123
tools
    Yes!!! This happens to me so often. Like I'll leave my phone on a table and after a while when I pick it up it lags for like 3 seconds before becoming speedy and responsive again.
    It lags like crazy when apps are updating in the background also for some reason.
    I'm so sorry that you are experiencing this! I turned my phone off for Church this morning and since turning it back on, I haven't experienced any lag. Perhaps I need to shut off my phone more often than once weekly... But still. The lag can happen after a couple of minutes of inactivity or a handful of hours. Weird that this is happening. But, my phone is 15 months old, and has been running great overall! So I guess some lag is to be expected at this "age." How long have you had your Honor 8?
    03-11-2018 05:57 PM
    I'm so sorry that you are experiencing this! I turned my phone off for Church this morning and since turning it back on, I haven't experienced any lag. Perhaps I need to shut off my phone more often than once weekly... But still. The lag can happen after a couple of minutes of inactivity or a handful of hours. Weird that this is happening. But, my phone is 15 months old, and has been running great overall! So I guess some lag is to be expected at this "age." How long have you had your Honor 8?
    I've had mine for exactly a year.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-11-2018 09:56 PM
    I've had mine for exactly a year.
    They say that after the year mark, phones can start showing their age. I'm sorry this is happening to you right at the year mark, though!
    03-12-2018 07:02 AM
    They say that after the year mark, phones can start showing their age. I'm sorry this is happening to you right at the year mark, though!
    Well today afternoon I recieved the January patch along with a bunch of features and ever since the issue has gone. I guess it wiped out old cache and cleaned up the storage since I got almost 1.5 GB space back.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-12-2018 07:06 AM
    Well today afternoon I recieved the January patch along with a bunch of features and ever since the issue has gone. I guess it wiped out old cache and cleaned up the storage since I got almost 1.5 GB space back.
    That's awesome! I'm so happy for you!
    Ayush Rao likes this.
    03-12-2018 07:11 AM
    That's awesome! I'm so happy for you!
    Thanks! Did you get the January update?
    Lol I was getting worry after seeing it lag as I was planning on using it for another year especially since it is recieving Oreo now!
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-12-2018 07:26 AM
    Thanks! Did you get the January update?
    Lol I was getting worry after seeing it lag as I was planning on using it for another year especially since it is recieving Oreo now!
    Yes I did! The lag hasn't shown up for the past little while so hopefully everything is good on my end now, too! We're getting Oreo?! Cool beans!
    Ayush Rao likes this.
    03-12-2018 07:29 AM
    Well today my phone just randomly shut off at 19%. Surprisingly on rebooting it didn't take me back to 19% (It usually boots back up to the same percentage if it was an issue with the battery not being able to supply enough voltage) but just complained of low battery and shut off. With just a minute on charge my phone now claims it is at 4% and is consistently stuck there. Does anybody know what's happening to my device since I doubt it is a battery issue? I'll try completely killing it and then charging straight to 100% to make sure it isn't an issue with calibration. Does anybody have any ideas I can try?
    04-24-2018 09:29 AM
    Well today my phone just randomly shut off at 19%. Surprisingly on rebooting it didn't take me back to 19% (It usually boots back up to the same percentage if it was an issue with the battery not being able to supply enough voltage) but just complained of low battery and shut off. With just a minute on charge my phone now claims it is at 4% and is consistently stuck there. Does anybody know what's happening to my device since I doubt it is a battery issue? I'll try completely killing it and then charging straight to 100% to make sure it isn't an issue with calibration. Does anybody have any ideas I can try?
    That sounds sever, I would have it returned under warranty.
    04-24-2018 10:22 AM
    That sounds sever, I would have it returned under warranty.
    Unfortunately my phone is past a year old now.
    04-24-2018 11:36 AM
    Unfortunately my phone is past a year old now.
    Have you contacted honor support through the hihonor app?
    04-24-2018 01:56 PM
    Have you contacted honor support through the hihonor app?
    I thought I'll experiment a bit though. Killing the phone and then charging seems to have helped. I had a small issue with the battery percentage being stuck but that got solved by rebooting and wiping cache in stock recovery. Will report if I face the issue again.
    04-24-2018 01:59 PM
62 123