Why can't I dismiss notifications by sliding them away?

Honor 8 user

Mar 17, 2018
Visit site
Hi,
I've just updated my honor 8 to emui 5.0.1 and i'm having some problems with notifications. Before updating to 5.0.1, i could easily dismiss notifications just by sliding them away, but now i don't get anything except a settings button when i try sliding them to left or right. Thr only option left for me is to deactivate notifications for the apps so they would not be displayed at all! I just want to know if there's anyway to make it just the way before.... I mean dismissing notifications only by sliding them to left or right.
Thank you

lumivalo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
It depends, are you experiencing this with all notifications or just some? Some kinds of notifications - persistent notifications - can't be dismissed.

Honor 8 user

Mar 17, 2018
Visit site
I'm having this problem with almost all of the apps that appear on the status bar except for ones that have exit buttons so i can just touch the button.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I too was going to ask, as Lumivalo above, did with regards to which apps are not being able to be dismissed. Have you tried restarting your device to see if it was just a small glitch?

Honor 8 user

Mar 17, 2018
Visit site
No, i'm not trying it on the lock screen. Yes, i've tried restarting the phone too.
I'm afraid so, uploading a screen recording is not available.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
No, i'm not trying it on the lock screen. Yes, i've tried restarting the phone too.
I'm afraid so, uploading a screen recording is not available.

I'm sorry this is happening to you! I'd recommend contacting Honor/Huawei customer support and inquiring about this. Please let us know what they say!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1