How to download Play Store apps to SD card

Go_Ku_L

Mar 31, 2018
Visit site
Hey. I'm having a Honor 8 lite, 16 GB variant. The internal storage is pretty much full, and I wanted to download some other apps too. From one of your forum's questions, I came to know that the "Move to SD Card" option is not available for Honor phones. i changed the default storage to SD Card, which has about 8 GB free space. Still when I go to download the app, it asks me to uninstall some other apps to find space for the new one. I can't uninstall the other apps, as I use them. Is there any way to download the apps to SD Card??

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Apps can not be downloaded direct to the SD card. The only possible exception would be to root it and then make some system level changes. That's also easier said than done, as rooting carries the risk of bricking your phone.

It's also simply not usually recommended to store apps on the SD card if you can help it because of all the downsides. Your better opt-in would be to move all of your media and other stand alone files to the SD card and leave the internal storage primarily for apps. If you've already done that, then make sure old text messages are being deleted (you'd be surprised how much room that can take up sometimes). You can also try clearing app caches, but this will only be a temporary fix as they get rebuilt over time.