Help me, i can't...

Thelothian

Dec 6, 2018
Visit site
... roll back (from Oreo to Nougat) or even upgrade to any new version. My current build is 8.0.0.521 but it has several problems with Bluetooth and Android Auto. I upgraded my Honor 8 to Oreo at the end of August and since that day no rollback options has appeared and no update either via OTA or HiSuite is available until now. I'm considering the rollback option because with Nougat I had NO problems with Bluetooth, and (apart from battery use, true strength of Oreo) the reliability of the system was much better.

I tried:
- total reset. It has reinstalled the 521.
- Start in update mode + MicroSD with Nougat rollback package saved on it. It gives me an error shortly after starting the installation (5%).
- Startup in update mode + MicroSD with 8.0.0.562 update for FRD-L09, verified. Error shortly after starting the installation, just like with the Nougat rollback package
- various and various attempts with HiSuite that 99/100 times tells me that I've the system updated to the latest version (always 521) without showing the rollback option (I've no button to select an older version, despite the instructions around the web tells about it). Once the "famous" button appeared (I've no idea what I did to trigger it, I simply insisted on Updating, clicking on it 10-15 times, spamming...), I selected the latest Nougat build, clicked on UPDATE, but exactly like the above try, shortly after the start of the installation stops and gives me the same error "Cannot Update".

I'm very, very disappointed by this update policy, closed and armored, which Huawei has imposed, and frankly I don't know what to do. I'm excluding the paid procedure that someone proposed me (pay for unlock code and then, through a special tool, FORCE the rollback), especially because my device is still under warranty; therefore better go to the Huawei service center asking to put my device back to original factory settings and OS.

I write here in the hope of finding someone who has passed the same experience and has solved it, or someone who knows how I can do the SIMPLE thing in the world, and totally in my rights, that is to decide what version of OS I want on MY smartphone!

Can anyone help me?

Thank you

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Try forgetting and repairing your bt devices. Perform a cache clear and reboot after deleting the bt devices . Rescan and pair to bt device. Good luck.

Thelothian

Dec 6, 2018
Visit site
I've tried this workaround... and I'll try again. Last time it worked until disconnect (switching off the car). Once reconnected to the car-audio system, it starts with the usual issues; no track titles/names, random disconnections, etc... it's not vital, naturally... but very annoying if you want to use your smarthpone as music "provider" for your audio system.

Thelothian

Dec 6, 2018
Visit site
Ok tried. It fix for a couple of notifications... after that, the bug returns and the phone stops sending track data to bluetooth devices. It's clear that there're only two options: upgrade (when the new version will be available) or rollback. In my case I can't do both. Next stop: Huawei service with a bag full of complains... :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood