Missing 4gb of Internal storage according to Settings

ss1plus

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I have an Honor 8 and the Settings => Memory & Storage =>Internal Storage is telling me I have 9.70 gb free but if I add up all the space being used, I should have about 14gb left. That's a 5gb difference. Can anyone explain this discrepancy?

Attachments

• IMG_20190120_012712.jpg
    IMG_20190120_012712.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

ss1plus

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
The stock file manager only shows a combined itemization of internal storage and SD card categories and how much each is taking up space. It does however show the exact same storage available for the internal storage.

I think what I'll do back up the entire phone and then do a factory reset to see if there is still a discrepancy. I'll be less paranoid if the discrepancy still exists. If it doesn't exist, then I'll be convinced that malware of some sort had made it's way to my phone and loaded on some secret stuff.

Would anyone happen to know whether I'd still be able to upgrade back to Nougat if I factory reset the phone back to its original state?

shashank1320

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
The stock file manager only shows a combined itemization of internal storage and SD card categories and how much each is taking up space. It does however show the exact same storage available for the internal storage.

I think what I'll do back up the entire phone and then do a factory reset to see if there is still a discrepancy. I'll be less paranoid if the discrepancy still exists. If it doesn't exist, then I'll be convinced that malware of some sort had made it's way to my phone and loaded on some secret stuff.

Would anyone happen to know whether I'd still be able to upgrade back to Nougat if I factory reset the phone back to its original state?
Ofcourse you get the updates post factory reset.
Just do factory reset and you will be on same version and only apps, settings will be erased

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech