my screen will not come back on after a phone call Oreo 8.1 Huawei 8x max

Dash Smashem

Jan 19, 2019
Visit site
I'm loving this new phone but I can't find any information on how to disable this feature or adjust it. I've looked at many threads on here but I haven't found this exact problem.
After i am done making my call I go to hang up but the screen will not light up until I press the power button. On any other Android devices I've ever had it would light up when i take it away from my face. This is a concern that I don't want any open mic after my conversation
This phone is the international version Huawei 8x Max 6gb
I have removed the shock cases because of the proximity sensors, I have turned off every power saving mode I can find
Thanks in advance for any help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Oreo forum to the Honor 8 forum, since this is more of a device-specific issue, and the Honor 8 forum is the closest we have to the Honor 8X Max.

Do you have a screen protector on as well? If so, make sure it's not covering the proximity sensor, or remove it and see if the problem persists.

Dash Smashem

Jan 19, 2019
Visit site
thank you, I do have a protector on ......... I'll have to see where that sensor is, the only thing showing on the front is a camera. I'll read up a little and see if I can narrow it down from there.........thanks again

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The sensor is typically right near the front-facing camera. Make sure the screen protector has a cutout for the entire notch, not just part of it.