I'm loving this new phone but I can't find any information on how to disable this feature or adjust it. I've looked at many threads on here but I haven't found this exact problem.
    After i am done making my call I go to hang up but the screen will not light up until I press the power button. On any other Android devices I've ever had it would light up when i take it away from my face. This is a concern that I don't want any open mic after my conversation
    This phone is the international version Huawei 8x Max 6gb
    I have removed the shock cases because of the proximity sensors, I have turned off every power saving mode I can find
    Thanks in advance for any help
    01-20-2019 01:30 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Oreo forum to the Honor 8 forum, since this is more of a device-specific issue, and the Honor 8 forum is the closest we have to the Honor 8X Max.

Do you have a screen protector on as well? If so, make sure it's not covering the proximity sensor, or remove it and see if the problem persists.
    kct1975 likes this.
    01-20-2019 02:19 PM
    thank you, I do have a protector on ......... I'll have to see where that sensor is, the only thing showing on the front is a camera. I'll read up a little and see if I can narrow it down from there.........thanks again
    01-20-2019 02:45 PM
    The sensor is typically right near the front-facing camera. Make sure the screen protector has a cutout for the entire notch, not just part of it.
    kct1975 likes this.
    01-20-2019 03:34 PM