New update -- UNMOUNT YOUR SD

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just got a system update on my Honor 8, which was a total surprise. I think it's just some kind of security update. But beware -- if you have an SD card, unmount it and remove it from the phone! The card in my phone became corrupted after the update, and all data was lost.:(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
One of the reasons to be wary of SD card support. I've read about this happening on other phones in the forums (mostly Samsung). I would have thought the card would remain untouched during the update process, so I'm not sure how it could get corrupted (unless it has to do with how the system tries to access the card after the update).

No big deal. This is a backup phone that my daughter is currently using as a wi-fi only device. She lost some animation projects on Flip-a-Clip, but the final video files of those animations were saved to Internal Storage.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
One of the reasons to be wary of SD card support. I've read about this happening on other phones in the forums (mostly Samsung). I would have thought the card would remain untouched during the update process, so I'm not sure how it could get corrupted (unless it has to do with how the system tries to access the card after the update).

No big deal. This is a backup phone that my daughter is currently using as a wi-fi only device. She lost some animation projects on Flip-a-Clip, but the final video files of those animations were saved to Internal Storage.

So glad it wasn't a big deal! Strange how the SD card got corrupted, though.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech