The Honor 9

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't have g6 yet so I wouldn't know but i doubt it will fully cover the bezel so I may have to go black after all!

I checked the OtterBox defender and even that doesn't fully cover the g6 front bezel. Also, fully covering the bezel could make it difficult to touch at the edges.

9a635017bb1796904796f60d765aed94.jpg

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Let's be honest... You probably aren't going to notice the speed difference unless you are doing side by side tests or are really really picky about opening a millisecond faster.

Yes, bootloops are scary, for sure! So far, I've read nothing on here about users experiencing that, but I'm keeping my ear to the ground on that one!

You're right! It's just that the video has stayed in my mind since then. But I played with an LG G6 again today, and it is so smooth... BLAHHH I can't make tech choices lool. I'd love to get both but Wallet, Credit Card and Bank Account all laugh at me. 😜

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Yes, bootloops are scary, for sure! So far, I've read nothing on here about users experiencing that, but I'm keeping my ear to the ground on that one!

You're right! It's just that the video has stayed in my mind since then. But I played with an LG G6 again today, and it is so smooth... BLAHHH I can't make tech choices lool. I'd love to get both but Wallet, Credit Card and Bank Account all laugh at me.

As a phone addict, I get bore so fast. I know I have the best phone, but I keep wanting to try new toys :(

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

You're right! It's just that the video has stayed in my mind since then. But I played with an LG G6 again today, and it is so smooth... BLAHHH I can't make tech choices lool. I'd love to get both but Wallet, Credit Card and Bank Account all laugh at me.

Well if you plan to buy a usa spec phone then it should have USA warranty for one year. The problem was that the g4 h815 while having usa LTE, wasn't USA spec so no USA warranty.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Well if you plan to buy a usa spec phone then it should have USA warranty for one year. The problem was that the g4 h815 while having usa LTE, wasn't USA spec so no USA warranty.

Oh no, that's too bad! :( I'm in Canada and may go the unlocked route again if I grab the U11. If I go with the G6, my contract with Rogers is up in November so perhaps I'd go through them.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I tried the v20 after using the HTC 10 for 6 months. I ditch the v20 because it was noticeably slower in basic functions. makes since due to HTC and thier near vanilla sense compared to lg ux, which is feature packed and eats up more cpu and ram just to fun properly.

I used the mate 9 and loved everything about that phone. at&t screwed me on my bill so I ditched them for Sprint and returned my mate 9.

When the 9 comes out, I'm probably going to either cricket or metro so I can use unlocked phones again.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh no, that's too bad! :( I'm in Canada and may go the unlocked route again if I grab the U11. If I go with the G6, my contract with Rogers is up in November so perhaps I'd go through them.

If I was buying a phone that had a carrier option then i would get the carrier option since carriers play dumb to any signal problems, blaming the non carrier phone

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
If I was buying a phone that had a carrier option then i would get the carrier option since carriers play dumb to any signal problems, blaming the non carrier phone

That sounds just like AT&T , had issues with my HTC 10, it's cause it's unlocked. Then explain same issue with my AT&T iphone.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
That sounds just like AT&T , had issues with my HTC 10, it's cause it's unlocked. Then explain same issue with my AT&T iphone.

Haha. Interesting enough i wasn't getting lte on my Moto g4 on att. I knew the problem was that it wasn't provisioned correctly but they refused to listen and blamed the phone

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
It's basically a glass-backed Huawei P10 with a variant featuring extra memory and another which features more storage.

Much like how the Honor 8 was basically a glass-backed Huawei P9 with extra RAM alongside a separate variant which had more storage, I think this might shape up to be another sleeper hit for the Honor brand.

The Honor 8 was a favorite amongst Android Central members for its affordable price-tag and great value for that 4 Benjamins. I have no qualms that the Honor 9 will follow suit. Now we just have to wait for US availability.

This obsession with glass kills me.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I am a bit weary of LG due to bootloop issues on multiple phones. And on my lg g4 , since it was the international unlocked model, LG USA didn't honor warranty. Hopefully it is fixed by now though

They have a two year warranty now so I think there is some comfort in that.