The Honor 9

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Honor has announced a new device: the Honor 9. Not a 9" screen (Whew...lol) but a 5.15" screen. One thing that I do like is the blue looks to have returned. Well, it may be a slightly different shade, but I like it.

Anyone else?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
It's basically a glass-backed Huawei P10 with a variant featuring extra memory and another which features more storage.

Much like how the Honor 8 was basically a glass-backed Huawei P9 with extra RAM alongside a separate variant which had more storage, I think this might shape up to be another sleeper hit for the Honor brand.

The Honor 8 was a favorite amongst Android Central members for its affordable price-tag and great value for that 4 Benjamins. I have no qualms that the Honor 9 will follow suit. Now we just have to wait for US availability.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I like the sensible size and retention of the innovative camera tech. Given the medium pricing, this is likely to be a successful device.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Honor has announced a new device: the Honor 9. Not a 9" screen (Whew...lol) but a 5.15" screen. One thing that I do like is the blue looks to have returned. Well, it may be a slightly different shade, but I like it.

Anyone else?

I have the honor 8 in blue and the color is great. This one is a little lighter but also looks great at least in the pictures too.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I really like the looks of this phone. I try to skip current manufacturers when looking at new phones to get, but yeah, the 9 looks amazing!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Which manufacturers are you referring to when you say current manufacturers?

Sorry, I may have misspoke there. I'm currently using an Honor 8, so I try to skip that specific device manufacturer when deciding on a future upgrade choice, so I can get a well-rounded experience with Android devices. :)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I may have misspoke there. I'm currently using an Honor 8, so I try to skip that specific device manufacturer when deciding on a future upgrade choice, so I can get a well-rounded experience with Android devices. :)

That's certainly a good theory! I am a phone addict so it too many phones anyway and get a feel of the various UI.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
That's certainly a good theory! I am a phone addict so it too many phones anyway and get a feel of the various UI.

Thank you! I'm currently stuck between wanting the G6 or the HTC U11 and I'll probably go for the U11 due to having the G3 before the Honor 8. Maybe I'll grab the G7 next time round. 😜

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Thank you! I'm currently stuck between wanting the G6 or the HTC U11 and I'll probably go for the U11 due to having the G3 before the Honor 8. Maybe I'll grab the G7 next time round.

I really like G6 form factor but HTC U11 has newer snapdragon 835. I would go for U11 as well because they're almost same price range.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I really like G6 form factor but HTC U11 has newer snapdragon 835. I would go for U11 as well because they're almost same price range.

I've heard that HTC's processor is indeed faster. I saw a speed test between the two on YouTube (it wasn't from Android Authority I don't think, but from some reputable channel like them), and the HTC clobbered the G6. It was a jarring experience for me, as I am a huge LG fan and was surprised at the lag between the G6's opening of apps.

Of course, it was only noticeable in relation to the U11 and I know the G6 is awesome; and every individual unit can perform differently... But I still haven't been able to get that experience out of my head. Even while playing with the G6 in-store, I couldn't help but think about it. :(

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I've heard that HTC's processor is indeed faster. I saw a speed test between the two on YouTube (it wasn't from Android Authority I don't think, but from some reputable channel like them), and the HTC clobbered the G6. It was a jarring experience for me, as I am a huge LG fan and was surprised at the lag between the G6's opening of apps.

Of course, it was only noticeable in relation to the U11 and I know the G6 is awesome; and every individual unit can perform differently... But I still haven't been able to get that experience out of my head. Even while playing with the G6 in-store, I couldn't help but think about it. :(

HTC U11 is probably millisecond faster when opening normal apps but if you get used that, you can't go back lol. G6 probably will have price drop when V30 is available so I'll look forward to that.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
HTC U11 is probably millisecond faster when opening normal apps but if you get used that, you can't go back lol. G6 probably will have price drop when V30 is available so I'll look forward to that.

True! I've always wanted an HTC device so maybe I'll just grab one. But a price drop in the G6 does sound exciting! What colour are you going to get?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thank you! I'm currently stuck between wanting the G6 or the HTC U11 and I'll probably go for the U11 due to having the G3 before the Honor 8. Maybe I'll grab the G7 next time round.

I am a bit weary of LG due to bootloop issues on multiple phones. And on my lg g4 , since it was the international unlocked model, LG USA didn't honor warranty. Hopefully it is fixed by now though

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Let's be honest... You probably aren't going to notice the speed difference unless you are doing side by side tests or are really really picky about opening a millisecond faster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz