Do you think the Honor 9 ever gets released in the US?

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Personally, i think that they would release it in the USA but... date unknown...it could be that they are trying to work out a carrier deal.

Me too. They made it seem like maybe, maybe not but I think that was to build anticipation. Also that phone is selling really well so maybe it's not as much of a risk releasing it in the US?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Me too. They made it seem like maybe, maybe not but I think that was to build anticipation. Also that phone is selling really well so maybe it's not as much of a risk releasing it in the US?

I think that an unlocked release,similar to the honor 8 in the USA is going to do as well as the Honor 8 release... Which is not very well.

They could really push marketing if they wanted to but that's big bucks that i am not sure that they want to spend at this time without immediate return...

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Honor 9 will be even better than honor 8! I hope it release before iPhone release.

I hope so too. Coming during iPhone mania would give it veey little press as iPhone gets all the sootli around the time of its release.
I think that coming out before the iPhone and offering a worry free trial would do wonders to help iPhone sales.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Honor 9 will be even better than honor 8! I hope it release before iPhone release.

I would hope so. They don't want to get stuck in iPhone mania season as they won't get much press. I think offering the honor 9 with a worry free trial could really be an incentive to get people to try it out and, keep it if they are happy

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
I think that an unlocked release,similar to the honor 8 in the USA is going to do as well as the Honor 8 release... Which is not very well.

They could really push marketing if they wanted to but that's big bucks that i am not sure that they want to spend at this time without immediate return...

I agree completely. I'm going to buy one for my Mom but just like the Honor 8 I don't think there's a market, from an unlocked standpoint.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I would hope so. They don't want to get stuck in iPhone mania season as they won't get much press. I think offering the honor 9 with a worry free trial could really be an incentive to get people to try it out and, keep it if they are happy

That would be an awesome plan, what they should also do along with that is feature one of the iOS themes from XDA to help sell it as a familiar yet better version for the iPhone.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
That would be an awesome plan, what they should also do along with that is feature one of the iOS themes from XDA to help sell it as a familiar yet better version for the iPhone.

Ooh that's a great idea! Or better yet pre install an iPhone setup and let the consumer choose upon initial setup.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I probably will end up buying both iPhone 8 and honor 9 (maybe honor 8 pro). I need to save tons of money now :(

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
That would be awesome. They could probably gain a good bit of ground by getting the developer community directly involved as well.

They could do something like skins for Samsung devices where there are third party defelopers who make them

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown