Developer Option Screen Lock Greyed out

A

AC Question

Hi,
I have a Huawei honour 9 and I can't seem to remove the screen lock. I can remove the password etc but still get shown a lock screen which you have to swipe to bypass.
I've tried all suggestions online of clearing credentials, settings reset but I can't remove the lock screen.
When I go to developer options I see an option to disable the lock screen but it is currently enabled and the option is greyed out and I cannot turn it off.
It says:
Screen Lock
Disabled by administrator, encryption policy or credential storage.

How can I unlock this setting to disable screen lock?
Thank you

Hel Verdandi

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
Hi all

Same here on Huawei Nova, tried all the suggested solutions, however these solutions were mainly adressed to the more common problem users have where switching from password protection to none wasn´t possible anymore. This works perfectly fine in my case but I also want to turn off the swipe to unlock my phone using the developer option. In my case, out of a sudden (just the normal app updates were running regularly), this option was locked and grey for the same reason other users experienced with the "normal" lock (Locked by administrator...).

Since nobody replied yet to the first post: are there also any other suggestions for this problem? All of my previous phones were rooted and modded experiencing all advantages/disadvantage but with CM gone, I was trying now to get along with the stock ROM without putting too much time in it, but the restraints are somewhat annoying...

Many thanks in advance!

Hel Verdandi

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for your suggestion and help - fortunately it works on my phone. Nevertheless I still try to figure out what´s the reason for the changed security behaviour and to get along without any app because I simply think it shouldn´t be necessary :)