Notification Access-Android System on Honor 9

A

AC Question

Hi!
I noticed today, while configuring my Pebble on my new Honor 9, that, when entering "Notification access" menu, you can select "Android System" (and it wasn't selected). Why is that? Should I select the option? I hadn't seen that before on my old phones. Does anyone have this option or know if we should give Android System access to our notifications?

Thanks!

NTTCC

Aug 23, 2017
Visit site
Android system creates the notifications.

I know. But I hadn't seen that before on my previous phones. When I enter the Notification Access Menu it has Pebble, Android Wear (which I have selected) and then Android System (which is unselected by default). Do you know why?

Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Okay, you made me download the manual. Start on page 20. It looks like those are things you can configure from the notification panel.

NTTCC

Aug 23, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for your help. I mean the permissions for the notification access, in the Settings-Apps-Wheel (at the bottom)-Special Access-Notification access menu. I have, by default, the Android System access unchecked (I attach this screenshot https://m.imgur.com/a/MKNzt ). I found it weird when I saw it, I hadn't seen that before. Does anyone have it like this too?

Snapphane

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm on a (new) P10 Plus and found the same in settings when I played around with the device. I was also wondering wether I should allow it or leave it as it was. So I guess this is something that Huawei/EMUI does.

Fingers crossed someone knows what the switch does!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv