Curious - who out there is going to pick up an Honor V10!? Looks like a pretty sweet phone. Thoughts on it, what do you like/not like?
    Morty2264 likes this.
    12-06-2017 02:38 PM
    I am. My alternative was Mate 10, but I'm happy they're giving this.

Pro---
    Price
    3,700mhz battery
    Unlock
    Front finger scanner
    Slim body design

Con
    Wish it's 4000mhz battery
    12-06-2017 03:29 PM
    I just ordered an LG G5, and comparing the specs, it seems as if the G5 has just a bit more - removable battery, USB 3 (and, thanks to Lineage, updatable to 8) - and a lot cheaper.
    12-06-2017 04:55 PM
    Curious - who out there is going to pick up an Honor V10!? Looks like a pretty sweet phone. Thoughts on it, what do you like/not like?
    For me, it is the price. The unlocked Note 8 was $500 for previous note 7 owners, with trade in of even a 5 year old phone. So if Huawei can offer a promotion significantly below that price then I would consider it. At the rumored $600... I will pass.

Obviously my situation is unique but I do find sales on different phones all the time. I will evaluate based on what I can get the phone for
    12-16-2017 12:00 PM
    I am. My alternative was Mate 10, but I'm happy they're giving this.

Pro---
    Price
    3,700mhz battery
    Unlock
    Front finger scanner
    Slim body design

Con
    Wish it's 4000mhz battery
    It's definitely a good alternative to the mate 10 especially since Huawei isn't releasing the mate 10 in the usa (they are only releasing the mate 10 pro)
    12-16-2017 12:02 PM
    I just ordered an LG G5, and comparing the specs, it seems as if the G5 has just a bit more - removable battery, USB 3 (and, thanks to Lineage, updatable to 8) - and a lot cheaper.
    Well the g5 is also an older device. And it's lg. So of course it will be a lot cheaper.
    12-16-2017 12:03 PM
    Well the g5 is also an older device. And it's lg. So of course it will be a lot cheaper.
    Don't forget massive bootloop. I spent more time talking to rep than enjoy it.
    12-16-2017 01:21 PM
    From what I've seen about it spec-wise and based on overall hardware appearance, it looks like a gorgeous and smooth device.
    dpham00 likes this.
    12-16-2017 01:50 PM
    Don't forget massive bootloop. I spent more time talking to rep than enjoy it.
    Did it get fixed though? My g4 bootloped and lg usa said though luck since I had the h815.
    12-16-2017 06:58 PM
    From what I've seen about it spec-wise and based on overall hardware appearance, it looks like a gorgeous and smooth device.
    It definitely looks really sleek and has great specs. I hope that the back is as nice or nicer than the honor 8 one
    Morty2264 likes this.
    12-16-2017 07:00 PM
    It definitely looks really sleek and has great specs. I hope that the back is as nice or nicer than the honor 8 one
    Yeah! The Honor 8's black is one sweet shade.
    12-16-2017 07:47 PM
    Did it get fixed though? My g4 bootloped and lg usa said though luck since I had the h815.
    Nope. I sold the device after it came back from repair.
    12-16-2017 09:52 PM
    Nope. I sold the device after it came back from repair.
    I certainly don't blame you. I would not want to hang onto a phone like that even after it's fixed
    12-17-2017 01:40 PM
    I did I purchased it the day after it was released. I love it coming from the OP5 the camera is better and I actually like EMUI after being a fan of stock android the last three phones (Moto X Pure, OP3T, OP5)

Battery life is good so far and performance is great. I miss the alert slider and double tap of the power button to open the camera and the dev community of the OP but otherwise I'm an honor fan. I would love to be able to try out a mate 10 because of the larger battery and the AR abilities though.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    01-25-2018 01:04 AM
    I did I purchased it the day after it was released. I love it coming from the OP5 the camera is better and I actually like EMUI after being a fan of stock android the last three phones (Moto X Pure, OP3T, OP5)

Battery life is good so far and performance is great. I miss the alert slider and double tap of the power button to open the camera and the dev community of the OP but otherwise I'm an honor fan. I would love to be able to try out a mate 10 because of the larger battery and the AR abilities though.
    So glad you are liking your V10! How does it feel in the hand? And yes, EMUI is great! I really love it on my Honor 8. Super customizable and very fluid. I will miss the user experience when I upgrade (eventually).
    01-25-2018 09:13 AM
    So glad you are liking your V10! How does it feel in the hand? And yes, EMUI is great! I really love it on my Honor 8. Super customizable and very fluid. I will miss the user experience when I upgrade (eventually).
    Yep it is different than the relatively stock OOS but I like it. Much better than touchwiz on the Note 8 I had for a little bit and I LOVE having a fingerprint scanner on the front even though the v30 and 5t have excellent placement on the back, the front is still my preferred placement.

I like it, I have large hands so using it one handed isn't an issue for me and being able to have a button to automatically pull down the notifications helps. It definitely feels weightier than my OP5 but I like that about phones. Its doesn't feel like the brick the Note 8 was though or like a demo phone like the v30
    Morty2264 likes this.
    01-26-2018 05:56 AM
    Yep it is different than the relatively stock OOS but I like it. Much better than touchwiz on the Note 8 I had for a little bit and I LOVE having a fingerprint scanner on the front even though the v30 and 5t have excellent placement on the back, the front is still my preferred placement.

I like it, I have large hands so using it one handed isn't an issue for me and being able to have a button to automatically pull down the notifications helps. It definitely feels weightier than my OP5 but I like that about phones. Its doesn't feel like the brick the Note 8 was though or like a demo phone like the v30
    You're right - a little bit of weight adds a nice feel to a phone. It doesn't feel like you're holding something super fragile. I've never tried a fingerprint sensor on the front of a phone, but I imagine that it would certainly make things easier when checking notifications at a glance; when your phone is on a table or countertop. That button to pull down notifications is great! Glad you are enjoying your phone!
    whymista likes this.
    01-26-2018 08:54 AM