Echo During Music Playback - Honor V20

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I've had my View20 for about 3 weeks now. This morning when I opened Spotify I noticed there was an echo coming from the sound. I thought it was wireless headphones so I plugged in my Beats and still the echo was there. I then tried Youtube, Google Play and Soundcloud, on both headphones and the problem was still there.

I tested Spotify on my laptop and the sound was perfect.

I have been looking online for a solution for several hours and I could not find a single bit of information which would help with this phone. I'm baffled as to how it happened but more importantly, how do I fix it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Any sound profile feature or app that has a "concert hall" or "surround sound" option?

mrandrolyn

Sep 23, 2019
Visit site
I've had my View20 for about 3 weeks now. This morning when I opened Spotify I noticed there was an echo coming from the sound. I thought it was wireless headphones so I plugged in my Beats and still the echo was there. I then tried Youtube, Google Play and Soundcloud, on both headphones and the problem was still there.

I tested Spotify on my laptop and the sound was perfect.

I have been looking online for a solution for several hours and I could not find a single bit of information which would help with this phone. I'm baffled as to how it happened but more importantly, how do I fix it?

Update: If I restart my phone it temporarily solves the issue.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No, Safe Mode temporarily disables any app you installed on the phone, so you can only test preinstalled apps. But that probably includes YouTube (unless you had to install that manually as well). If the problem goes away in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem -- but the challenge then is to figure out which app is the culprit.

CsmedenBrian

Nov 27, 2019
Visit site
Hi mrandrolyn,
Did you find what caused the echo....? ?
I also have an Honor V20 and I have the exact same echo problem in Spotify but also in Youtube.
It is not much, but enough to make me say "Naa, something is wrong with the sound".
And it is on several bluetooth devices and and 3,5mm jack headphones - so it must be the phones sound.
When I read your post I restarted the phone and it disappeared. But since you already stated it comes back, I am just waiting for that echo again :-|