HP Chromebook 11 Specs

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Here are the specs for the recently announced HP Chromebook 11 - Google unveils HP Chromebook 11 | Android Central :

• 11.6-inches
  • Samsung Exynos CPU
  • 1366x768-resolution
  • 300-nit display
  • 2GB of RAM onboard
  • 16GB internal flash storage
  • 100GB of Google Drive Storage (Free for 2-years)
  • Weight of 1.04kg
  • "up to 6-hours" of battery life

Anyone thinking of picking one up? What's everyone's thoughts on Chromebooks in general? I've not had a need to purchase a laptop device in a few years and likely won't unless my current one can no longer meet my expectations. I would definitely consider a Chromebook as a future device if the time/price/specs are right.

mase123987

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Too me, Chromebooks are great for everyday web surfing. Let's be honest, that is what I do most of the time while sitting in front of the TV. I got an Acer with 16GB storage, 4gb of ram and a celeron processor. It isn't nearly as fast as my other computers, but then again, it doesn't have nearly the specs.

Now, if you are looking to get a chromebook to ultimately replace have a pc, I wouldn't. While 90% of my usage can be done on the Chromebook, that other 10% would drive me insane if I didn't have another computer.

As far as that particular HP goes, I don't know the price, but I would go with the Acer I mentioned. Extra RAM is very nice when dealing with what seems like a million tabs! Also, Acer's is very easy to open and change out the drive and RAM.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Here are the specs for the recently announced HP Chromebook 11 - Google unveils HP Chromebook 11 | Android Central :

• 11.6-inches
  • Samsung Exynos CPU
  • 1366x768-resolution
  • 300-nit display
  • 2GB of RAM onboard
  • 16GB internal flash storage
  • 100GB of Google Drive Storage (Free for 2-years)
  • Weight of 1.04kg
  • "up to 6-hours" of battery life

Anyone thinking of picking one up? What's everyone's thoughts on Chromebooks in general? I've not had a need to purchase a laptop device in a few years and likely won't unless my current one can no longer meet my expectations. I would definitely consider a Chromebook as a future device if the time/price/specs are right.

I'm not sure I would want to use an Exynos in a Chromebook. Interested to see where the Haswell Chromebooks lineup price-wise.

Interesting though that this Chromebook uses microUSB to charge.

shinerburke

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure I would want to use an Exynos in a Chromebook. Interested to see where the Haswell Chromebooks lineup price-wise.

Interesting though that this Chromebook uses microUSB to charge.

Earlier today the new HP 14" Chromebook was showing with a price of $299 for the WiFi version and $349 for the WiFi + LTE version on the Chromebook site. Since then the page has been altered back to simply having the "register interest" button where you can submit your email to alert you when it is available.

TheDoros

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm also interested to see where the haswell lines up price wise. I'm a little underwhelmed at this for price and specs especially when Samsung has had their chromebook out for some time.

I'm just hoping something is released by the time I hit New York in November.

Posted via Android Central App

shinerburke

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Pricing is back up for the HP 14"

RDAeBHr.png

Attachments

• RDAeBHr.png
    RDAeBHr.png
    275.3 KB · Views: 23

Algus

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I would think that microusb slot would definitely draw some attention on this website since most of us probably have one or more microusb adapters for our phones already. It was a solid choice to attract the mobile crowd. Anything that means I have to pack less in my laptop bag is ok by me.

Chromebooks are solid as backup machines (in my case, backing up a Nexus 7) and for light web use. If you have a Windows/OS X machine already there is a very good remote desktop app for tying into that device. The major issue is lack of software so you can have trouble finding apps to do what you want, especially offline. If everything you do is online, you'll be fine. I don't need my laptop for work or anything, really just for entertainment and I don't really play games on computer at all so for me, Chrome OS does everything I need and I've been very happy with it.

@Ry the HP 11 matches the specs on the Samsung 3, which has been really popular, but includes some improvements in certain areas including a clearly Google-branded case design and a much better screen. I'm sure they were going with the ARM to eliminate fan noise which has been a very popular feature of the Samsung chromebook. My only surprise insofar as the processor and RAM are concerned as that they didn't up the specs at all. I'm not replacing my Samsung 3 with a computer that has the same internals but a marginally better screen.

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm debating getting this for work purposes just to do reports on chrome. The charging port is actually the biggest plus for me since im always on the road.

However in a instance where I may want to power this up to my chromecast and stream do you guys think there will be issues or should it handle it for most part. Not that I have to rely on it with having a MacBook air just looking at it in a scenario stand point.

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Wound up buying it. Excellent design and hardware. Does what I need it to while looking sexy doing it.

Reviews I read said the trackpad wasn't good but I have not a single issue with it.

Definitely would recommend this thing.