If I install Android on my TP

SD-B

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
First let me say I am normally a mac user, jailbroken iphones and not yet familiar with anything with it.

I got the HP for $99 but up here in Canada we dont have what Americans have on their debit cards which allow you to purchase something online using your debit card, for visa, where they take the money right our of your account.
Up here unless you do use visa, you are stuck trying to buy apps as they do not accept visa gift cards either.

Therefore, as I dont use Visa, I need to be able to use a system that will allow me to put apps on my TP that dont require payment, because of this visa problem.
Which is why I had to jailbreak my iphones as I have had to use app tracker, which is a site that a jailbroken device can download all the apps they want for free.

So, IF i install Android on this system, WILL I be able to get the several versions of Angry Birds d/l onto my TP for free? Are they available for this version of it?

After if so, will i be able to install other apps I need for free?

TIA

cgk

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
It's been a long time since I registered for the android market but I'm pretty sure the answer to all your questions is "yes, yes and yes". I have all the versions of angry birds and many other apps. In fact, your big problem when coming from webOS is the sheer number of quality apps available (mind you, you've used an iphone so maybe not).

Any problems getting set-up, just drop back here and someone will help out.

SD-B

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
perfect, thank you. I thought so but just wanted to be sure! :)

yes u r right, even 3 years later I get carried away with too many apps on my iphone You never get used to all of the choices LOL

SD-B

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
LAST QUESTION

I have installed Weddoctor on my webOS TP but i havent yet got around to speeding it up.

Do I need to do that if i am gong to be using the android part of it once installed or will that help to speed it up, for i do find it a bit slow.

DemonHighwayman

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
OK great.
Hopefully it will be faster

thanks will install this afternoon if all goes well

Android sails along at just 998mhz on the touchpad as standard, but if you want more speed in the future there are free apps in the market to overclock it. I'm using a nitro widget that came with my overclocking app which I set to put the clock speed up to 1600Mhz if needed, So far I have had no use for it !

Reactions: DeadVim

DeadVim

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Android sails along at just 998mhz on the touchpad as standard, but if you want more speed in the future there are free apps in the market to overclock it. I'm using a nitro widget that came with my overclocking app which I set to put the clock speed up to 1600Mhz if needed, So far I have had no use for it !

Even if I never used it I would have to install a Nitro Widget based on name alone
:D

(Currently browsing using the stock webOS browser, the hesitations feel like eons ...)

cgk

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Even if I never used it I would have to install a Nitro Widget based on name alone

(Currently browsing using the stock webOS browser, the hesitations feel like eons ...)

It's the boot-time that kills me - by the time WebOS has loaded, I can boot CM7, load the browser, get the information, close the device.

DemonHighwayman

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

lol, it comes packaged with an app called 'CPUboost' which is free or paid. The widget came in handy today actually, I was about to load up plants vs zombies which can be slow loading, but I nitro'd the cpu and it was nice and quick loading this time :)

jblather

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

Oh! The Android TP runs at only 0.998Ghz, not 1.2 Ghz as under webOS? Very interesting because Android on the TP just flies....

DemonHighwayman

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Oh! The Android TP runs at only 0.998Ghz, not 1.2 Ghz as under webOS? Very interesting because Android on the TP just flies....

When I said it flies, I meant it's very fast doing everything.. even at just 998mhz ! It is notably faster than webos with all the patches and overclocking.
The kernel it comes with will go up to 1.7ghz, that's the most I've heard anyone talking about so far anyway.

moshe5368

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
You can speed things up on the cm7 side using setcpu and use cyanogen settings to change the governor to performance.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk

Reactions: jblather

DeadVim

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

When I said it flies, I meant it's very fast doing everything.. even at just 998mhz ! It is notably faster than webos with all the patches and overclocking.
The kernel it comes with will go up to 1.7ghz, that's the most I've heard anyone talking about so far anyway.

Wow, that was news to me.

I also assumed it was running at 1.2Ghz ...

Even better :D

DeadVim

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I've just installed the 'no-frills cpu control' app and it seems to indicate I am running 1.18Ghz.

It may be a coincidence but I also seem to be getting more 'boot to webOS' lock-ups ... I'll investigate.

jblather

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I've just installed the 'no-frills cpu control' app and it seems to indicate I am running 1.18Ghz.

It may be a coincidence but I also seem to be getting more 'boot to webOS' lock-ups ... I'll investigate.

So did I. I really don't need it - the Android TP is fast enough for me, but I want to see what it can do...

DemonHighwayman

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
That's weird, in one of the cyanogen update videos he mentioned it would run at 1ghz and that it was fast enough at that speed. I thought mine was set at that speed too, but admittedly one of the first things I did was play around with the CPU speeds, so perhaps I just changed it and forgot to return it to the stock speed.

So, sorry folks I'm not trying to mislead anyone :p I'm happy to admit I'm wrong if need be.

DeadVim

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
So did I. I really don't need it - the Android TP is fast enough for me, but I want to see what it can do...

Always good to explore the limits, it's a waste otherwise.

That's weird, in one of the cyanogen update videos he mentioned it would run at 1ghz and that it was fast enough at that speed. I thought mine was set at that speed too, but admittedly one of the first things I did was play around with the CPU speeds, so perhaps I just changed it and forgot to return it to the stock speed.

So, sorry folks I'm not trying to mislead anyone :p I'm happy to admit I'm wrong if need be.

No worries, it's pretty rapid anyway and can only get better with CM7 and ICS :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rabruslik