slydog1234

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm running the Alpha 2 Cyanogenmod on my TP. When I use my browser, it seems to display as if it's a mobile browser (ie: if I type www. yahoo. com, it automatically goes to m. yahoo.com. Is there anyway to have the proper www. yahoo .com site display ?)

Jman1313

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
not sure on the stock browser, but if you install Dolphin browser, there's a setting to change the user I'd to whatever's you want (desktop, etc.)

moshe5368

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
On dolphin, the setting is user agent under advanced settings. Select desktop and dolphin will remember your setting. However, not all web sites check agent settings. Some will default to mobile whenever an android device connects. Right now its hit or miss but this setting will give you the best chance of getting the full page.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk

Gratificulous

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm running the Alpha 2 Cyanogenmod on my TP. When I use my browser, it seems to display as if it's a mobile browser (ie: if I type www. yahoo. com, it automatically goes to m. yahoo.com. Is there anyway to have the proper www. yahoo .com site display ?)

I will reiterate what the others have said, Dolphin browser is where it's at. There is the quick "Desktop Mode" setting within the menu to allow you to switch between mobile and desktop. You can also get an addin to do it faster.

I would get version 7 from GetJar, it hasn't been released to the Android Market just yet.

cgk

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
The stock browser has a collection of user-agents in Settings >>> advanced (I think that's where it is...)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie