[TIP] Ejecting TouchPad from Windows 7 x64

Gratificulous

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I have gotten several questions from others using Windows 7 x64 and ejecting the TouchPad when following the tutorials on the 'net. For some reason the TP will not eject from the taskbar where you would normally eject a USB drive or any other plug-and-play device.

If you are running into this issue, do the following: go into My Computer --> Right Click the mounted TP disk --> Select Eject.

Not sure if anyone else has run into this on other OS's but I have seen Windows 7 x64 be more finicky with the eject command via the taskbar.

Hope this helps someone!

Reactions: Mr. Orange 645

DemonHighwayman

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I tend to use this method anyway, since you will have an open window showing the touchpad files. It's just easier to point the cursor to the left of the window, right click the T-Pad and select eject. To be safe as well I go to the T-Pad and tap the "Turn Off USB Storage" button too (after the windows eject thing)

atulmodi

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: [TIP] Ejecting TouchPad from Windows 7 x64 and Xp too

I am using XP and I used to use taskbar to get TP out of USB mode by click on "Safely remove hardware" then in popup window, select TP drive and press STOP button but after that get the message. It is safe to remove removable storage. But when unplugged the TP, got the message "Ouuuh it hurts" and stand idle for several seconds.

Then I started to go to window explorer and right click on TP's removable disk

Click on EJECT and it works excellent. Actually TP suppose to have message in this OOPPPPPS message information how to undo this next time.

So bottom link. GO to file directory and right click, EJECT. DONEEEE.