Android-Exclusive Install on Touchpad?

autosdoxa

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious if there's any interest (or hopefully anyone working on) an Android install on the Touchpad that isn't a dual-boot set up.

I've actually been pleased with WebOS but if I'm going to go Android (and I do, considering the limited app store on WebOS and the anticipate lack of updates) I want to go whole-hog and not have the old operating system sitting around unused.

I figured there would be more users like myself wanting to go Android-exclusive but I've found little information about anything other than the dual boot install.

Any hope for Android-only?

William13

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
From what I understand, as of now you still need WebOS, as its the only way to recover from a
bricked touchpad, later they may find a way of unbricking the touchpad threw the computer,
or android, but for now its WebOS, or risk a brick.

Gratificulous

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Quote from the developer of Cyanogenmod for TP: "We like WebOS. Furthermore, we don't recommend removing it. In future it may be needed for updates and such. Plus it doesn't take up much space, and you may find yourself wanting to give it a second look some day ;)"

So yeah, if there is another Android build to do it that is how it will happen. It won't come from Cyanogenmod.

bverdon

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious if there's any interest (or hopefully anyone working on) an Android install on the Touchpad that isn't a dual-boot set up.

I've actually been pleased with WebOS but if I'm going to go Android (and I do, considering the limited app store on WebOS and the anticipate lack of updates) I want to go whole-hog and not have the old operating system sitting around unused.

I figured there would be more users like myself wanting to go Android-exclusive but I've found little information about anything other than the dual boot install.

Any hope for Android-only?

Not sure why you would not want the option to go back to webos if needed. Do believe there to be an advantage in doing so?

moshe5368

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
As will1384 said. At this point, without webos, there is no way to recover from a bricked device. We still do not have a complete working CWM or rom manager. Until then, webos doctor is the only safe way to restore the TP. Of course, if you have complete faith in your command line and adb skills, you can completely remove webos. This, however, is not recommended. CM7, is still in alpha, and as such, should not be considered a finished product.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk