Splashtop on CM7 HP Touchpad?

kgirl91

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting a Touchpad since I prefer its aspect ratio to the widescreen devices that dominate the Android tablet market. I would probably buy one with CM7 already installed on ebay, since they're cheaper than the brand new ones on Amazon.

However, what I really want it for is remote desktop so that I can work from anywhere. My boyfriend has had good luck with Splashtop Remote Desktop on his Transformer (Honeycomb). Can I expect to be able to run Splashtop successfully and reliably in CM7 (I know that I can run it in webOS but I don't plan to use it)? Splashtop in the Market says that it requires Android 2.2 and up. I'm new to rooting (I have an unrooted Incredible 2 that I love) so I don't really know what to expect.

Thanks!

DemonHighwayman

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I've heard others saying it is better than the webos version, also it is was on sale last time I checked ($1) I still use it on webos and it seems fine, but I can't compare the two sorry.

kgirl91

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I just want to make sure that it will run on CM7 at all- I'm not sure how the Android 2.2 requirement transfers to cyanogenmod.

ncinerate

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Works perfect (no 1 second lag like the touchpad webOS version had, near instantaneous control of the PC you're connected to). It's also free (grab the getjar app catalog APK, splashtop is one of their free "gold" applications).

Easy as pie.

Reactions: kgirl91