CyanogenMod 7.1 Alpha 3 Released!

dignitary

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Just in time for U.S. Turkey Day we have a new alpha courtesy of Dalingrin and crew, and it just keeps getting even better!

* Last prominent form of "sleep of death" fixed
* Webkit backing store(smoother scrolling)
* Bluetooth DPad/arrows do not rotate with screen
* Battery stats now available to Android
* Serial# now populated
* Shorter hostname as a result of serial#
* General wifi fixes
* Preliminary Touchpad 4G support(no radio)
* Status bar should take less resources after an app goes full screen
* Possible fix for A2DP and wifi interference
* Possible fix for SD card not mounting
* Camera FPS improved but still nearly nonfunctional

NOTE: YOU CAN FLASH WITH CLOCKWORKMOD. See linked thread below for details.

List of Alpha 3-tagged items on CMTouchpad Repo:
http://code.google.com/p/cmtouchpad... Type Status Priority Milestone Owner Summary

DOWNLOAD THREAD: [Release][Alpha3]Cyanogenmod Touchpad - RootzWiki

...and report back!

For the latest, follow Dalingrin on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dalingrin

Last edited:

dignitary

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
My take:

I haven't had audio crackling, WiFi seems more stable, and surprisingly in Quadrant Standard/Advanced it doesn't screech to a halt during the 'staircase' 3D scene. Feels like more changes made it in than the Changelog indicates.

Quadrant Score: 2573.

Gratificulous

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Right on! Only issue I had with 2.1 was wifi kept flaking out, hopefully from the changelog that is fixed to tide me over until ICS.

My take:

I haven't had audio crackling, WiFi seems more stable, and surprisingly in Quadrant Standard/Advanced it doesn't screech to a halt during the 'staircase' 3D scene. Feels like more changes made it in than the Changelog indicates.

Quadrant Score: 2573.

Did you just install through Clockwork Recovery? If so, did you need to wipe data, etc?

dignitary

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I've been doing this method for a while (since I used a Viewsonic G-Tablet), so the following is pretty reliable. This was taken from a post on Rootzwiki (since it's so well put together):

If you're updating from a previous build of Cyanogen..
1) Download CM Alpha 3 "update-cm-7.1.0-tenderloin-a3-fullofbugs-signed.zip"
2) Connect your TouchPad to your PC and put it into USB storage mode. Put "update-cm-7.1.0-tenderloin-a3-fullofbugs-signed.zip" on the root of your TouchPad.
3) Boot into CWM recovery. Do a Backup.
4) Wipe Cache. Under "Advanced Options", Wipe Dalvik Cache.
5) Install zip from SD Card. Choose "update-cm-7.1.0-tenderloin-a3-fullofbugs-signed.zip".
6) Reboot Device.

All of your data should be unchanged and you should be running Alpha 3. To verify that the update worked, go to "About Tablet" in settings and you should see "CyanogenMod-7.1.0-tenderloin-alpha3" under "Mod version". That's all.

youngsport

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Update completed from CWM recovery and all sweet. No connection to PC needed.

What do you mean no PC connection needed, were you able to just use the TP to update? If you did than how? Do I just boot into CWM and it automatically updates

Last edited:

cdoty

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Stability seems to have improved a lot. wifi issue also now appears to be fixed. There an issue where it won't start wifi initially, you have to go to the wifi settings, and it will connect; this is a problem on the Nook Color also.

I was able to play through all of the 100 easy levels of Field Runners HD without any issues.

Market worked without any issues.

I initially had some problems with Plants vs Zombies and Flight Control not launching; clearing the data cache fixed it.

The only other problem I've noticed is that the network time settings weren't being pulled, causing the date and time to be set in 1970; which caused a problem connecting to the Marketplace and Amazon Appstore. This was in alpha 2, alpha 3 appears to be working fine. Probably an anomaly, since it only seemed to happen once.

cdoty

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Update completed from CWM recovery and all sweet. No connection to PC needed.

Yeah, how? :)

I thought CWM recovery needed to be updated for the TouchPad.

And, if that's working, I wonder how quickly they'll start releasing nightlies?

Last edited:

DeadVim

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Good to see I was wrong about Alpha 2.1 being the last CM7 release for Touchpad.

I've just installed it, went smoothly for me (wiped caches, etc beforehand).

A Google search widget seems to have been the only casualty of the process.

I'd really like 'Plasma Sound' to work but it seems not to recognise the TP resolution so the controlling options don't display. No worries, it is, after all, still an Alpha :cool:

cgk

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean no PC connection needed, were you able to just use the TP to update? If you did than how? Do I just boot into CWM and it automatically updates

Just download, boot to recovery, wipe davik, wipe cache, install zip, reboot - just done it from the sofa with no computer involved.

Sent from my touchdroid using Tapatalk

Reactions: jblather

pa49

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site

In all honesty if you do not know how then should you be dabbling with CM at all.
Go into CM recovery and choose update from sd card and then browse to the update file and apply.
Navigation is with the volume rocker an the physical home key.
I hope you get it right.

pa49

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Just download, boot to recovery, wipe davik, wipe cache, install zip, reboot - just done it from the sofa with no computer involved.

Sent from my touchdroid using Tapatalk

I didn?t wipe anything and all OK.
I downloaded with the TP and applied the update from there as well.

ZOliva0664

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
So far not a good experience for me. Every I push the volume rocker either up or down my TP freezes up and reboots...and yes I did clear the caches...any ideas?

poqonos

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Just installed Alpha 3, so far so good, wifi connection is still holding. I didn't wipe davik or wipe cache, went straight to Install, will that be an issue

jblather

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I just did it - downloaded, found out where the browser downloaded it to, booted into ClockworkMod, did a backup, wiped Dalvik Cache, wiped data cache, installed from SD, rebooted.

It stayed at the spinning arrow screen for quite a while (kinda scared me), but then it beeped and all was good. Verified I'm running A3!

next_milenium

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Has this version fixed the Youtube playing issues?

Anyone willing to point me to right instructions for someone starting out fresh (not an update)?

Thanks!

atulmodi

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I have little question,

So once boot in CWM recovery, we will get backup option where I can do backup then
Wipe options and then will get option of Install Zip from SD card.

So I will not go in tablet usable area of applications. Making story short, step 3, 4 and 5 will be perfomed in CWM recovery mode. Am I right?

jblather

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I have little question,

So once boot in CWM recovery, we will get backup option where I can do backup then
Wipe options and then will get option of Install Zip from SD card.

So I will not go in tablet usable area of applications. Making story short, step 3, 4 and 5 will be perfomed in CWM recovery mode. Am I right?

I assume you meant this:

3) Boot into CWM recovery. Do a Backup.
4) Wipe Cache. Under "Advanced Options", Wipe Dalvik Cache.
5) Install zip from SD Card. Choose "update-cm-7.1.0-tenderloin-a3-fullofbugs-signed.zip".

The answer is "yes".

Next time, please quote what you are referring to so we don't have to guess. It will help those who are trying to help you. It will save the rest of us time.

Reactions: tsureshraj49

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool