Blocking applications

swasal

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi friends...

Got an HP touchpad for my 12 year old son and loaded the Andriod software. When I checked the applications named 'Markets' there are some unwanted downloads that he can download.:mad: What can I do about this? I don't want him to go into any of these downloads....How to block these applications... I am totally naive to adroid and such gadjets please explain in detail.:-\ Thanks in advance!

atulmodi

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
On desktop of android click on Application launcher > now on left lower end touch on Menu > go to setting > where you can find option of safe search or something like restriction.

I went through this process in past so exact steps I can not recall but in my android market i can not see any adult content apps.

If you figure out exact step you can post it so others can get advantage.

Reactions: swasal

ncinerate

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Funny story - xbox live has -no- parental controls to prevent purchase of games when logged into your profile.

So for example, I had a credit card etc on file with them for paying my xbox live membership - I use netflix on the xbox all the time.

My 2 year old son was watching netflix and grabbed the controller. I thought nothing of it, he uses netflix all the time (he's very good at using the controller). In a few seconds he'd gotten out of the movie, hit an ad for HALO: Reach, and purchased the game.

It never even downloaded (no space on the xbox).

No refunds possible, nobody at microsoft is willing to change that. They tell you "keep the controller out of his hands", and the lady on the phone with me was laughing about a family that racked up 600$ worth of charges when their little boy decided to go on a game-buying frenzy - then explained that even THEY didn't get a refund.

I took it as far as I could, nobody there cares :). No way to even prevent it from happening in the future. Had to pull my credit card off, remove my account, and log in with a prepaid account. Very annoying.

I know I'm off topic, but figured I'd share anyway. Lock down that app catalog and prevent the little guy/girl from buying up the android app catalog.