WiFi disconnection issue

dahauss

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Is there any fix for constant Wi-Fi disconnects ? It's almost making android unusable

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk

Jman1313

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
It's very router dependent. I haven't yet figured out exactly what settings cause it. I have absolutely zero issues with my home router. It stays connected all the time, even on sleeps and such. At work, it's not too bad, but can be a little finicky. If I'm visiting my parents, I drop wi-fi all the time. Like, every 15 minutes. My dad's router is about $100 more expensive than mine too!

What channel is your router on, and what security do you have? (I use WPA2 and it has worked fine on both channels 6 and 8...on 8 now).

dahauss

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Since I instated the updated alpha 3 by the other person and then ran the terminal command to clear WiFi, it seems to be holding we'll see

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm personally sick of this issue as I'm completely back to using web os. I've tried clearing cache in recovery multiple times to no avail.....I want my android back!

dahauss

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Try Regpon from the market.
I've never had this issue.

Seems like that program will kill battery ? Anyway, so far so good with using the terminal command in other post to clear WiFi Then add back my WiFi. Its stayed all night, even when I had screen off. Now to see goes l how it works when I go to work in the morning.

Sent from my EVO4G using Tapatalk.

dahauss

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Well, The WIFI fix I thought solved the issue didnt.. In Fact, I now click on SETTINGS-->WIFI and I get a delayed response and then a "ACTIVITY WI-FI Settings (in Application Settings) is not responding" message... sometimes I can press WAIT and other times I have to press FORCE CLOSE. then it goes to WIFIU & NETWORK SETTINGS.. I think there is an issue bugger then just the type of router or channel. I hate to go back to WEBOS but it appears I may have to until someone can resolve the WIFI issue.

Right now it doesnt show ANY WI-FI networks and the response is REALLY SLOW.. please..... someone fix this!

dahauss

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Now the unit wont even turn on and a LONG PRESS of the power button does nothing.. I think I am going to go back to WEBOS and get a REAL ANDROID tablet. this is just crazy to go through all of this. I know its alpha but still....

aviatordoc

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
^^
Dont know your circu,stances. but works fine for me. Maybe a clean wipe and reinstallation of a3 and then Xron on it may do the trick.
It works just like a "real" android tab

pa49

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Seems like that program will kill battery ? Anyway, so far so good with using the terminal command in other post to clear WiFi Then add back my WiFi. Its stayed all night, even when I had screen off. Now to see goes l how it works when I go to work in the morning.

Why would it kill the battery?

barrysanders20

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I was having very severe problems with disconnections or the WIFI utility freezing. My issue was corrected by installing Alpha 3.5 and leaving Airplane mode on all the time. Now, it's been rock solid for the past couple of days. YMMV.

dahauss

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
You can't leave seriousness airplane mode on with WiFi. As soon as I turn on WiFi airplane mode turns off

rgeer313

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Try the following to fix the wifi connection problem.

Go to settings
Applications
Developement
Device Host Name
Change the host name to something 16 characters or shorter (Some routers don't like a host name longer than 16 characters)

This fixed my WIFI

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac