HBO GO doesn't work on Cyanogen.....

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I tried installing the HBO GO app from Market and also using the web. Neither work on the Cyanogen Android homebrew for Touchpad. On the app, when trying to play a video, the progress wheel just spins and spins and does nothing. On the web, the front welcome page doesn't even allow you to go any further. It seems to re-direct you to a page that doesn't come up when you go to the same site on WebOS. I don't mind playing HBO GO on WebOS, but it's a little sluggish and buggy. I was hoping Android might be an improvement.

Solutions?

Last edited:

terpz156

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue.I think it has something to do with the menu bar being active at the bottom whic prevents hbo go from being fullscreen.I don't remember exactly but there's an option in cyanogenmod that allows a double arrow button to appear on the menu bar which then hides it after you click on it. I do that as soon as I'm ready to click on a show or movie. After the menu bar goes away HBO go started working for me.

dahauss

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue.I think it has something to do with the menu bar being active at the bottom whic prevents hbo go from being fullscreen.I don't remember exactly but there's an option in cyanogenmod that allows a double arrow button to appear on the menu bar which then hides it after you click on it. I do that as soon as I'm ready to click on a show or movie. After the menu bar goes away HBO go started working for me.

Thanks... I found the setting and now hbogo works but the key I selected to bring the bar back doesn't always work.

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk