WebOS 3.0.5 and Android safe to upgrade?

bulldog-yota

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Updated to 3.0.5, and didn't have to do anything else, CM7 Alpha2 is still there and working. No issues with dual boot or anything else I could notice.

Just the usual PreWare updates for patches and apps that is now outstanding.

jblather

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
So my TP was just delivered to my house today so I'm completely new to the WebOS world. If I were to update my TP to 3.0.5, would I still be able to flash CM to it so I have android too or should I hold off until CM is flashed?

Update to 3.0.5 first.

P_Yiddy

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
I updated and moboot was broken on my Touchpad.

This is what I did to be able to boot back into Android

place moboot file into the cminstall folder on the TP make sure there's nothing else in there.

Run ACME installer on your computer and it will reinstall moboot.

Now I'm on WebOS 3.0.5 and have the ability to boot back into Android :)

Upgraded to 3.0.5 and my boot menu had disappeared.

Followed your advice and everything working again now. Thanks :)

Mutoidi

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! Never thought to look under "Linux Applications". Looks like it uninstalled, though my memory available didn't change, so perhaps I still have the partitions there.

Larry

Yes.. having used Preware's 'Remove Android' you may need to use 'Tailor' (from Beta feeds) remove any remaining partitions.

The recent webOS 3.0.5 update will now mean waiting a while, until all Preware patches are also updated to suit.

:)

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I have 3.0.4. Stock other than CM7. No preware.

I tried the update to 3.0.5. When it tried to come back up, it displays that little hp logo for 30 seconds and then the screen goes blank for three seconds, the hp logo appears again and it loops like that forever. I never saw the moboot menu.

YES! this is happening to me too!!! what to do now?

Gratificulous

May 5, 2011
Visit site
For those curious, I updated my TouchPad to 3.0.5 flawlessly OTA. Here is what I am running:
*Moboot 0.3.5
*XRON 2.9.1
*WebOS 3.0.4

Be patient update takes a while and it will boot directly into WebOS after the update completes.

P_Yiddy

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Have noticed that Android keeps randomly shutting down on the TP over the past day or two. Not sure if this is to do with upgrading webOS to 3.0.5 or whether it's something else. Think I'll do a full wipe and restore to see if that helps....

aviatordoc

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
yes, Mine does too. Very sleepy and will not wake up. This is after the update OTA. Finally rebooted to webOS and am stayin there, for now.

P_Yiddy

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Seeing as ICS Alpha is out I think I'll just upgrade to that. Pretty sure it will be buggy for now but long term it's gonna be the best choice :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac