WebOS 3.0.5 and Android safe to upgrade?

cgk

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
If I remember correctly from the last time, it wipes out the bootloader so that the android side is not accessible. You then have to do the first couple of stages of installing android again - which is simply pushing the bootloader to the touchpad again and then your android side will be all there just as it was before the update.

Anyone done this update yet? since I update to Xron I haven't found a reason to boot into WebOS.

pie

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
just did the update. no problems at all. android still works. all your preware webos patches are out of date as usual but they should be updated soon. bootloader is fine.

the1bobcat

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I have the Xron update as well. My TP won't update. It goes through the to reboot but after reboot it says update failed. I will try again in a couple days.

donniewb420

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
Quick Question.... I've read some folks say if you have to reflash moboot you should go ahead and reflash cm7, gapps, clockwork, etc all together... Is this correct? Can you simply remove the zip files from the CMinstall directory and only keep the zip you need to reflash with ACMEInstaller?

If it is recommended to reflash all zips, does reflashing cm7 erase all user settings? i.e. catalogs, screen preference,etc..??

Thank you in advance.

jblather

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I have 3.0.4. Stock other than CM7. No preware.

I tried the update to 3.0.5. When it tried to come back up, it displays that little hp logo for 30 seconds and then the screen goes blank for three seconds, the hp logo appears again and it loops like that forever. I never saw the moboot menu.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I updated and moboot was broken on my Touchpad.

This is what I did to be able to boot back into Android

place moboot file into the cminstall folder on the TP make sure there's nothing else in there.

Run ACME installer on your computer and it will reinstall moboot.

Now I'm on WebOS 3.0.5 and have the ability to boot back into Android :)

Last edited:

jblather

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I had to Doctor it to 3.0.5. It took about 17 minutes.

The backup/restore for webOS is amazing.

I did a 'device info' on it and it seems the CM7 partition is intact after doctoring.

I will see about reapplying moboot after webOS finishes restoring my stuff....

Last edited:

jblather

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I reflashed moboot and cwm. Have to reflash both in order to get the recovery menu item so you can do a restore. After I restored the backup I did today, all is good.

DeadVim

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Oh goody, another enforced update.

Only if I choose to boot webOS again, I guess ...

There is a new "CM9 on Touchpad" video on YouTube btw :D

dignitary

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Only if I choose to boot webOS again, I guess ...

I haven't even touched the webOS partition since 3.0.2 was the latest out there. I even let about $27 in app credit from the "Early Adopter" promo ($50 in app credit) go to waste because I just didn't see the sense in using it on apps I wouldn't even bother with otherwise since there's already much better choices in the Android Market.

To each their own, though. I've moved on.

And I started a new thread about the CM9 video released by the Touchpad CyanogenMod team. :)

Gratificulous

May 5, 2011
Visit site
You people actually use WebOS ;)

Haven't touched the thing since CM7. Like the above poster mentioned, the lack of apps makes using it pointless.

lar3ry

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I recently saw an app or patch that was said to remove Android, but I can't seem to find it again. I want to remove it before updating to 3.05, just to be on the safe side.

Thanks,
Larry

the1bobcat

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I recently saw an app or patch that was said to remove Android, but I can't seem to find it again. I want to remove it before updating to 3.05, just to be on the safe side.

Thanks,
Larry

It's in preware and is called Remove Android and is in 'Available other' under 'Linux Application"

In my case 3.0.5 wouldn't update. I had Xron on mine. Re-installed CM7 then webOs would update.

lar3ry

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
It's in preware and is called Remove Android and is in 'Available other' under 'Linux Application"

In my case 3.0.5 wouldn't update. I had Xron on mine. Re-installed CM7 then webOs would update.

Thanks! Never thought to look under "Linux Applications". Looks like it uninstalled, though my memory available didn't change, so perhaps I still have the partitions there.

Larry

jasmer

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I started yesterday with the ota update. My tp looped all night without updating. I had to use webos doctor to update and then reinstall moboot and cwm. All is well now after restoring. If you do update make sure you have a recent android backup.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
So my TP was just delivered to my house today so I'm completely new to the WebOS world. If I were to update my TP to 3.0.5, would I still be able to flash CM to it so I have android too or should I hold off until CM is flashed?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc