Touch sensitivity issues in CM9

P_Yiddy

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
When I first installed CM9 I just installed it straight over CM7 without any issues and everything worked fine.

However, I was using an old version of GAPPS so decided to do a clean install. I rebooted into Clockworkmod and did a factory reset. I also wiped the cache and the Dalvik cache. I then followed the normal install instructions to reinstall CM9.

The problem I am having now is after about 5 mins of use the touch screen sensitivity goes mental and the device becomes unusable. A brief touch on the screen (i.e. to open a app from the homescreen) seems to translate into 10 touches. Typing via the virtual keyboard becomes impossible. Also, when I press my finger on a certain item in a menu it selects a completely different option (nowhere near where I touched). Same in the marketplace etc.

I've done another factory reset and reinstalled again but no change. Strange thing is it was fine when I installed on top of CM7. Also, it's always fine for the first 5 mins after boot up.

Anyone have any ideas. I've gone from having a working version of ICS to an unusuable one :'(

P_Yiddy

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
If it makes any difference, on the 1st re-install I also installed the update-charger_systemui_fix-alpha0.zip file. Didn't do it on the 2nd attempt to see if it was anything to do with it but apparently not.

P_Yiddy

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
So far...so good. Renistalled CM7 then wacked CM9 straight over the top. Been running for about ten minutes now with no issues.

Really should have tried this before starting a new thread. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction :)