I recently added CM9 alpha 2 to my touchpad, upgraded from cm9 alpha .5 and prior to that cm7 alpha 2. Everything was working just fine yesterday. Charged my touchpad over night. When i got up this morning i could not get the touchpad to turn on. Im assuming that it could be an issue with my charger. I tried changing the outlet the touchpad was plugged into, changed the usb cable to the plug, changed the plug, and tried charging thru my computer. Will only the touchpads usb cable and plug work to plug the touchpad? Will using web os doctor help me get it back to factory and working again? Any help would be great.

Thanks
    02-27-2012 10:22 PM
    Do you still have problem? Do you see the battery icon on screen when charging?
    02-28-2012 01:42 PM
    Yeah, im still having the problem. No icon showing that it is charging when plugged into the wall or computer. Imgo
    02-28-2012 01:48 PM
    HOLD

POWER + Volume UP (volume button close to power button) + Menu button together for 30+ seconds. It will work.

POWER + Volume UP+ Menu together will work. I had same issue and it resolved.
    02-28-2012 02:01 PM
    ok, tried the volume/power/menu button thing. It didn't work. I thought that it might do the trick. Im going to try to by a new power adapter and see if that is the issue. Thanks though.
    02-28-2012 06:39 PM
    strange thing, i did the power the thing you mentioned and thought it didn't work. I plugged in my touchpad just now, and all of a sudden its on like nothing happened. Thanks for the help!
    02-28-2012 07:02 PM
    strange thing, i did the power the thing you mentioned and thought it didn't work. I plugged in my touchpad just now, and all of a sudden its on like nothing happened. Thanks for the help!
    That's good!

Out of interest, did you notice how much charge was left in the batt immediately after the TP had come back from the dead??

I think there's may be something funny going on with the TP batt software/firmware/required boot voltage etc in general.

02-28-2012 07:34 PM
    Yeah, it was at 2%. The odd thing is when i went to bed it was charging. The next morning i went to turn it on, then all the problems happened. Now i do the same thing and it works like it should.
    02-28-2012 08:40 PM
    Yeah, it was at 2%. The odd thing is when i went to bed it was charging. The next morning i went to turn it on, then all the problems happened. Now i do the same thing and it works like it should.
    Hhmm.. yeah "2%" is all but dead.. there are thoughts circulating about HP's firmware glitching out when the charge/voltage in the batt gets SO low, that there is not even enough power to then tell the battery monitoring/charging system that it IS flat!!

Crazy 'Catch 22' loop!

I hope they check out & rewrite the firmware, if this is the case!

Try to always keep it above 20% charge anyway.. and that if you leave the TP sleeping over night, it really is charging properly first.

02-29-2012 12:21 AM
    Is you touchpad overclocked? Mine was overclocked and when I needed a charge it seems like it took forever just to charge up a few percent. I had to change it to interactive instead of constantly running at 1400+

HP Touchpad - CM9a2
    02-29-2012 06:32 PM
    i do have my touchpad overclocked. mine was already set at interactive at 1500.
    03-01-2012 05:59 AM
    The touchpad does need a specific charger to give it enough power to charge up, USB from a computer will take forever as will most phone chargers.
    I can't remember if its the cable and the AC unit or just one of them, I have a strong feeling it is the HP AC unit you need though.
    Mine will give a full charge in about 5 hours starting with zero power in the battery.
    03-01-2012 07:44 AM
    The touchpad does need a specific charger to give it enough power to charge up, USB from a computer will take forever as will most phone chargers.
    I can't remember if its the cable and the AC unit or just one of them, I have a strong feeling it is the HP AC unit you need though.
    Mine will give a full charge in about 5 hours starting with zero power in the battery.
    Yes, it is just the HP wall-charging unit you specifically need. Any good USB (to Micro) cable will then do the job.
    This is because in order to allow the (unique) internal HPTP batt monitoring system to work out how much current (max 2A) to draw from the charger, the HP charger in turn has to have it's own unique resistance and data line configurations. Any other charger will not do this properly for the TP.

Other chargers will not therefore deliver the full 2A when required and will charge the TP, but MUCH more slowly.

03-01-2012 10:35 AM
    I am having the same issue with it not charging. Now I can't get it to charge let alone power up. I did the Power/Volume Up trick and get nothing. I am also Running CM9. I have tried the original Power cable and also tried just usb into PC. Right now nothing seems to work. Any ideas??
    04-21-2012 06:07 PM
    I had that and sent it back to HP

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    04-22-2012 10:19 AM
    Try just holding in power and home button until TP reboots. Worked for me.
    05-20-2012 10:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD