Will there be a CM9 Stable?

DemonHighwayman

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I think they said they would continue working on CM9 but most resources would go into CM10. The two are very similar though and any breakthroughs on one would translate easily to the other.

Tomen8r

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if there will be a stable or not. Their nightly's are now weekly's (although still called nightly's) and the time dedicated to CM9 on the TP has dwindled. All eyes on Jelly Bean at this point.

frmorrison

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
There likely never will be a stable release for Touchpad, due to some of the hardware (such as camera) not working to CM standards. However, there is a developer working on the camera, and he is getting close. Anyway, I never used the camera in WebOS so that isn't an issue.

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
With the Cyanogenmod team moving on to CM10, are they going to release a stable version of CM9 for the TouchPad? I don't see it on the XDA site (CyanogenMod 9 Stable Now Officially Available for 45 Devices ? xda-developers). On the other hand, is there really a need for a stable version? What do you think?
I think the the latest builds are quite stable. I'll go further in saying that I have had fewer issues with CM9 (11/11 nightly) than the latest WebOS version. I still have speaker issues (crackling sounds) and website looping with WebOS and never have those with CM9. The real issue is not stability, but some bricking of hacked TPs. Who knows what the reason for that is. Yes, I guess you can (technically) include that in your stability question, but there are plenty of examples of non-hacked TPs that have stopped working as well.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I think my next wish now is a CM10 version, so I can have JB on the TP. :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket with CM10 via Tapatalk

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I think my next wish now is a CM10 version, so I can have JB on the TP. :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket with CM10 via Tapatalk

I don't know if there is an advantage other than graphics to having 10 over 9. Supposedly the real push with aOS 4.1 & 4.2 is project butter. They are trying to make it faster and smoother. The real jump. Will be with 5. If you're looking for the JB experience you might try one of the launchers. I use Nova and it uses icons and desktop very similar to JB.

Dennis

beanctr10

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I have found that CM9 is very stable on my TP. I have been running it since April 2012 with no issues and now they have fixed the camera as well. I just put the latest nightly on last night (20120113) with no issues at all. :D

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678