HTC 10 cases - Yay or Nay?

Adam Zeis

Adminstrator
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I know that most of us haven't had the change to hold onto the HTC 10 yet, but I'm curious — for those of you that are going to pick one up — will you be getting a case as well?

I'm definitely not a fan of cases on my phones (or any devices really), but with the HTC stuff I do find them amazingly slippery and not the easiest to hold on to. In the past I've turned to skins (if anything) to add some grip, but I'm wondering if you'll be willing to risk it and go naked? Or will you be in a case from day one?

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Due to battery overheating issues with my DNA I am rocking it without a case. It has picked up some scuffs in last month. I would "not" want to use a case but my OCD might get the better of me. However I am hoping for a well executed tempered glass solution. IF HTC really offers the Red aluminum it will be awful hard NOT to go nekkid.

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I always go for the Seidio case (with the kickstand - The TB spoiled me). I drop it daily and its always survived. I had the same case on my Thunderbolt, Rezound, and M7 and they all survived me.

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I will get a Tech21 case. Have one on my M8 for 2 years and phone and case look brand new. Son has M9 Tech21 wallet case with the cover for the screen, which has also held up well. I usually put a Zagg screen protector on the screen. Don't know if the Ice view case works with a screen protector. The Dot view on my M8 doesn't work well with the Zagg screen protector.

Ara Wagoner

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I think anyone who knows me knows I love cases. I need cases. And I'm gonna probably try a dozen different cases for this phone. I need a protective one for my trip to Walt Disney World next month. After that we can try the lighter duty cases.

Posted via the Android Central App

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
The Ice View case is certainly clever and interesting, but it should be a federal crime to put a phone as beautiful as the HTC 10 in a case, heh.

But no, I don't usually put phones in cases, and don't plan on doing so with the 10.

anon(604250)

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I think anyone who knows me knows I love cases. I need cases. And I'm gonna probably try a dozen different cases for this phone. I need a protective one for my trip to Walt Disney World next month. After that we can try the lighter duty cases.

I'm really hoping my 10 arrives before my trip to Epcot next month, too. A protective case is an excellent idea for when one is trying to balance their phone and their drink.

McDoogie

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
I'll be having a case with this phone. I have a spigen on my M8. Of course I gotta wait for some good cases to come out, so ill get to use the HTC 10 without a case for a few days. But since it's not waterproof or dust proof ill want a case to keep this beauty looking good. My m8 looks brand new when I take it out of it's case, except for the dust inside my front camera that makes the pictures blurry.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I will get a Tech21 case. Have one on my M8 for 2 years and phone and case look brand new. Son has M9 Tech21 wallet case with the cover for the screen, which has also held up well. I usually put a Zagg screen protector on the screen. Don't know if the Ice view case works with a screen protector. The Dot view on my M8 doesn't work well with the Zagg screen protector.

They already have the tech21 case for sale.
https://www.tech21.com/en_us/evo-check-case-for-htc-10

Posted via the X '15

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'll probably get a case to use when outside my apartment. When I'm home, my phone is usually out of a case.

anon(604250)

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I like the idea of using a case outside of the home only. Unless my next house has tile floors, of course.

Added: I sprang for the Ice View case. Silly old Doctor, me.

Last edited:

Ara Wagoner

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm really hoping my 10 arrives before my trip to Epcot next month, too. A protective case is an excellent idea for when one is trying to balance their phone and their drink.

You gonna be heading out in time to catch the end of the Flower and Garden festival at Epcot? I think my family is going on the last week of it.