Default apps

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Taken directly from the AC preview:

Of the very small number of preloaded apps, it's about a 50/50 split between HTC and Google. The major exceptions are News Republic — part of BlinkFeed — as well as Facebook, Instagram and Facebook Messenger. HTC tells us it's moving away from agreements with app providers for preloaded content, so if you're buying an HTC 10 unlocked directly from the manufacturer, you won't have any bloatware to worry about. (Unless your definition of bloatware includes Facebook, of course.)

Does anyone who's had a hands-on with the new HTC 10 know what other apps are installed over and above the usual HTC/Google ones please?

And yeah, my definition of Bloatware does include FB, Instagram etc as I don't use them.

ahaxton

May 10, 2010
Visit site
All I can say is in years past, HTC integrated Facebook in to Sense (pulling contact photos, recent statuses, used in Blinkfeed) so the Facebook app was unable to be uninstalled. I do not know this to be the case in the 10, but I suspect it will be even with the lighter Sense.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
All I can say is in years past, HTC integrated Facebook in to Sense (pulling contact photos, recent statuses, used in Blinkfeed) so the Facebook app was unable to be uninstalled. I do not know this to be the case in the 10, but I suspect it will be even with the lighter Sense.

That's my guess too.

anon(604250)

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Taking a look at my M8, there's a Facebook for HTC app that I've disabled, but no full Facebook app. I uninstalled it a couple months ago in favour of Folio Pro. Hopefully being able to completely remove the native app will remain the case.