"I've ordered my HTC 10!" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

oryan_dunn

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Hmm so that's the little gift? Everyone expecting an ice view case it earphones will be disappointed! 😞

Posted via the Android Central App
Well, that's on them since HTC never said what it was. Maybe HTC should have just said what the gift would be. Actually a USB-C cable is pretty good idea since for most people this is their first USB-C phone.

Buzzkillington32

May 20, 2010
Visit site
So after a day or so playing with the phone, I found myself switching the launcher to Nova. Call me crazy but the only thing you lose is Blinkfeed (no thanks), and the HTC themes. I can always backup my setup of Nova and switch between them at will. But for now I will just take the speed of the 10, and the pure customization of Nova. I do have one gripe about HTC and that is they locked down the system tuner. I would like to be able to switch around the quick settings shade, as I want to replace extreme power saver with the regular power saver. I like the idea of throttling the device, if I know it is going to just stay dormant on my desk for hours on end, while at work. Guess another win for Nova, since I can set a quick setting to my desktop for power saving mode.

Also coming from the MXPE, this screen is really small. But it is the perfect trade off for a more comfortable one handed experience.

Buzzkillington32

May 20, 2010
Visit site
LOLOLOL that's the "gift"??? Hilarious.

Why is that a bad "gift?" How many USB - C cords do you have lying around to use with this phone? I myself don't have any others except for what came with the phone. So this was actually a better "gift" in my view than the ice view case. Not a fan of flip cases and already bought a slim case for it.

Ethan Weiss

May 21, 2016
Visit site
Why is that a bad "gift?" How many USB - C cords do you have lying around to use with this phone? I myself don't have any others except for what came with the phone. So this was actually a better "gift" in my view than the ice view case. Not a fan of flip cases and already bought a slim case for it.

so I got mine packed with the gift as well! its a smart idea as you said, most people don't have usb-c cables yet. fortunately I'm switching from a Lumia 950 so after a couple of warranty issues (WP10 amiright *Drum Snare*)I got a few of those cables.

so what benefits do you get out of switching the launcher? is it just a reskin or is like installing a whole new version of android? did you lose access to the HTC audio tuning software by switching?

Buzzkillington32

May 20, 2010
Visit site
so I got mine packed with the gift as well! its a smart idea as you said, most people don't have usb-c cables yet. fortunately I'm switching from a Lumia 950 so after a couple of warranty issues (WP10 amiright *Drum Snare*)I got a few of those cables.

so what benefits do you get out of switching the launcher? is it just a reskin or is like installing a whole new version of android? did you lose access to the HTC audio tuning software by switching?
You get better control over gestures, app drawer and a bunch of other things. You don't lose access to any of HTC's features but blinkfeed and its themeing center. But you can change icons with nova.

Thomas Bright

May 17, 2016
Visit site
baahahaha after preordering on April 29th, having 2 orders canceled and sending off a few bitchy emails and giving up on getting the phone they are finally shipping the original pre-order on June 01.

Oh HTC.

Nompruxky

May 31, 2016
Visit site
You're lucky, I ordered on April 26 and I'm still not received my tracking number :'(

I have written to Jason MacKenzie and has been in charge of my case, but I still hear from my hTC 10.

Edit: I received confirmation of delivery. But I find something heavy package. 1.4 Lb for hTC 10 and Case Ice View.

Someone else has registered all this weight?

Last edited:

Dr. S

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
baahahaha after preordering on April 29th, having 2 orders canceled and sending off a few bitchy emails and giving up on getting the phone they are finally shipping the original pre-order on June 01.

Oh HTC.

I just ordered one on Monday. Does that mean I'm going to have to wait until early July to get mine?

Thomas Bright

May 17, 2016
Visit site
I just ordered one on Monday. Does that mean I'm going to have to wait until early July to get mine?
Credit card companies love to flag Digital River transactions, so keep an eye out for that. HTC randomly canceled my second attempt at ordering so keep an eye out for that too.

Dr. S

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Credit card companies love to flag Digital River transactions, so keep an eye out for that. HTC randomly canceled my second attempt at ordering so keep an eye out for that too.

Why do they make it so hard for us to give them our money?

EDIT: Spoke too soon! I just got my shipping confirmation. It still took two whole business days though, which isn't ideal.

Last edited:

Buzzkillington32

May 20, 2010
Visit site
So I was surprised that I received a FedEx package today from Digital River. Apparently they didn't realize they already packaged my "little gift," with my phone order. So they sent me an additional usb-c cable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11