HTC 10 vs. Samsung Galaxy S7

imahsen

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
I was planning to buy a new phone so I just saw new HTC 10 today with great specs, but I'm confused between HTC 10 & Galaxy S7.
Although found a good point to point comparison
(Spec showdown: HTC 10 vs. Galaxy S7 vs. LG G5 vs. Nexus 6P vs. iPhone 6s Plus http://www.androidcentral.com/spec-showdown-htc-10-vs-galaxy-s7-nexus-6p-and-lg-g5)

but still not able to take the decision yet
Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC 10 or Samsung Galaxy S7

Honestly, they're both great phones and I really doubt you'd be disappointed with either. It's almost as if you could flip a coin between the two, because they're both very high-end, very premium devices.

It comes down to preference. Which UI/software do you prefer? Which screen do you prefer? Is wireless charging and water resistance important? Is good speaker sound important?

Maybe list out what is important to you (most important to least important) and we can try to steer you in the direction that would most suit you.

End of the day - they're both great phones. Can't really go wrong with either.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Hi,
I was planning to buy a new phone so I just saw new HTC 10 today with great specs, but I'm confused between HTC 10 & Galaxy S7.
(Spec showdown: HTC 10 vs. Galaxy S7 vs. LG G5 vs. Nexus 6P vs. iPhone 6s Plus http://www.androidcentral.com/spec-showdown-htc-10-vs-galaxy-s7-nexus-6p-and-lg-g5)

Thanks.

I have the lg g5 and I love it but may return it and pay the restocking fee just to check out the htc 10 and then decide between the two. I looked at the edge but there's just something weird about that phone.....mostly the curved screen....I just don't like it. I actually like the Nexus 6P....but wish it had an 820 processor....not that it makes that much a difference.

Posted via the Android Central App

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

Personally, I'd wait until you can read some more extensive online reviews for the HTC 10 before making a decision. On paper the HTC 10 specs look comparable to the S6, but time will tell if the camera is as good or better than the S6, etc. I'd also like to handle one in real life to see which is better in my mind before selecting one.

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site

Easy. This is in an HTC thread. :p

Sammy finally..finally brought something to the table with S7. My issue with Sammy is the extended slow down over time and lag/twitchiness to the interface. I like the size of the Edge but the "edge" screen is essentially useless as it really is only pages that scroll over. Neat...but not a required feature. The Note 4 Edge got it right with crawlers, notification and etc. Thats a TRUE edge screen.

People are barking about price thinking HTC should sub price to "make up for" the M9 debacle. Wonder if Porsche did the same thing after the 914? If paper meets the road then they are very similar phones. You can vote with your dollars but to expect a "mea culpa" pricing is a bit off table thinking. I think the $100 coupon code floating around making the phone 599 is pretty fair provided you can accept the offered colors and memory configurations.

There are only reviewers opinions right now. Those typically are skewed. I would wait for real world results of the 10 drop. You can browse the S7 forums and get a good idea what people love and struggle with. I am waiting to see what similiar threads pop up for the 10 before I buy. Plus I have the added luxury of waiting for Verizon to get around to releasing the phone which is a nice built in cool down buffer. LOL!

Cliffs: HTC. Samsung buys their market share.

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

Hi,
(Spec showdown: HTC 10 vs. Galaxy S7 vs. LG G5 vs. Nexus 6P vs. iPhone 6s Plus Spec showdown: HTC 10 vs. Galaxy S7 vs. LG G5 vs. Nexus 6P vs. iPhone 6s Plus | Android Central)

Thanks.

One is one that can be had unlocked and unmolested from carriers without getting an international variant. The other is highly molested carrier controlled with additional bloat not only from carriers but duplicate apps from the OEM itself. With said international variants that will still kinda put you in a bind and still have duplicate OEM apps. Specs are a small equation with software being a big part of it.

For me i waited and choose to get a real unlocked HTC 10. last Samsung I had was the S6 Active. Being carrier or having an international variant of Samsung phone gives the same slow updates(unless your from Poland), carrier and OEM duplicate apps. My International unlocked variant S6 Duos that I had before the S6 Active still somehow had carrier apps from the region it was from which now has made samsung dead to me.

Some say that it isn't bloat but having a few unique apps is one thing, duplicating already built in functions like photo gallery, messaging, web browser, music, and etc is indeed added bloat. Then top it off with carrier apps that are exactly the same especially with cloud lockers then you get 3 apps with same duplicate functions taking up space and using cpu cycles unless you disable them. IF you haven't figured me out by now i indeed hate carrier branded devices and refuse to buy them anymore. Best thing about an unlocked phone is you take it to what carrier you want to go and leave when your ready.

Carrier branded free since Nov 2015.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

Personally....after I look at the specs on a phone....I head over to my local carrier and play with them first....many MANY phones were bought this way, by basically just look and feel, hands on. Never have I just ordered a phone, because the specs were advertised as better than the competition. That's how the M7 got me, when it first came out.

KennyJohnson

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site

Samsung's biggest problem, for me, is still TouchWiz. Sense is a better skin (imo) and I'm able to deal with it more.

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site

Samsung's biggest problem, for me, is still TouchWiz. Sense is a better skin (imo) and I'm able to deal with it more.

Completely agree... That's one reason I'm going from an s6 edge to the HTC 10.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site

I was ready to upgrade from my G3 and went with the S7 edge. The G5 didn't impress me one single bit and HTC hadn't really impressed me over the last few years either. The last time I had a Samsung phone was the Galaxy nexus on Verizon, worst experience I have ever had with a phone but I wanted to give Sammy another try. So far I'm extremely satisfied with my choice. That's just 3 weeks in, so it still remains to be seen if I'm as happy a year down the road as I was with my G3 and HTC Droid DNA (very underrated phone imo)

Early reviews look like HTC hit one out of the park with the 10. If the reviews hold up to the early hands on I don't think you could go wrong with either device. If the 10 ends up being as good as it looks I'll probably give HTC another shot when I upgrade in a year. I don't really have a soft spot for any oem, I switch between them depending on that years offering. I think HTC has done a good job with a phone that's going to put them back on the radar in a big way.

Malek J

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks.

http://m.androidcentral.com/htc-10-...feature&utm_campaign=navigation&utm_source=ac

cward0625

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I am weighing same decision. I have heard some mention htc phones run better long-term, and Samsung phones slow down over time due to touch wiz, etc. Any validity to that, others with similar experience?

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the SGS7edge and I know it has only been a little over 1 month since it was released but so far the phone is great. Screen and size are very nice as is the build quality. I'm not much of a phone camera person but when I have needed to use it, it has been quick and responsive and picture quality seems fine for a mobile phone. Battery life has been impressive, but it does have a bigger battery then the HTC 10.

I'm not that sure about the edge display. It does look nice but I really don't use the edge features. Samsung pay has been a nice bonus too.

Touchwiz really doesn't seem as bad as it used to be to me. It's responsive and I haven't seen any lag with this phone.

Finally, one of the reasons that I went with the SGS7e is because T-Mobile was doing a BOGO with their VR equipment. I figured if I really didn't like the phone I could sell them both and the VR units and I would be up $$$, maybe enough to get the HTC 10 if that's the route I end up going. If I decide to keep one of the SGS7e I will still sell the other and still be $$$ up. No brainer really :)

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Honestly it's a super duper close call between the S7 and the HTC 10. They almost cancel each other out. I would say this though, the Exynos S7 trumps everything. That's where the comparison ends. Snapdragon for snapdragon and I may lean towards the HTC 10. Exynos involved and I'm definitely picking the galaxy S7. Just me 2 cents.

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
S7 edge is the best out there now.. I would HIGHLY suggest you get a warranty. It looks like the buy the phone from costco and add the square trade deal is the best. I'm going through Samsung for $129 + 75 deductible. Already broke my screen, wish I had the warranty then =-/

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon