We've got the HTC 10 and we're answering your questions right here!

jo3see

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I sure hope someone is available to help me answer these few questions regarding something I haven't seen in the previous 6 pages. HTC touts this phone as a certified hi res phone. I travel 100% for a living and currently using a S7 Edge, AudioQuest Dragonfly v1.2 and a pair of B&O H6's or Westone 4r IEM's. The S7 Edge audio out is very low, which is why I use the Dragonfly. But the catch is I can't charge the phone and listen to the DAC at the same time. The previous HTC M9 had a high output but the volume was distorted at high gain levels.

1) Do you know what DAC is in the HTC? Does it use the native 820 SoC or is it a discrete DAC/Amp combo?
2) The milivolt output and impedance for the headphone jack?
3) Is the phone Bluetooth Apt-X capable? I saw the question asked, but never saw an answer.
4) Does HTC allow the bootloader to be unlocked on all variants of the phone or only the dev edition bought directly from HTC? I ask this because T-Mobile locked the bootloader of the S7 Edge and is the primary reason why I'm getting rid of it. I LOVED the audio quality of the V10 with the ESS discrete DAC and hope the 10 does the same or I might have to go back to the V10.

I don't understand why manufacturers are so scared (for lack of a better word) to implement something with the same capabilities that Viper4Android gives. If I don't use a discrete DAC, I'm always relying on V4A. Something I cannot do with the S7.

Thank you very much in advance!

Altema22

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Oh wow, that's bad... Android Central, can you confirm brightness? Even against other LCD panels like the 5X and 6S. Thanks!
I have not seen the phone in person yet, but the maximum brightness is 449.22cd/m2. The G5 and the S7 top out at 350cd/m2. However, both the G5 and S7 can boost the maximum brightness in bright sunshine, which is great for viewing, but increases the risk of screen burn-in on the S7 since it is an organic panel. HTC lets you set the automatic mode with a relative brightness slider, which by default comes set right right in the middle. I prefer it about 20% brighter than default.

Peter Venkman

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
On Mobiwatch.net, the reviewer stated his HTC 10 came not with a USB 3.1 Type-C cable, but rather a 2.0 cable because (and he contacted HTC about this) they felt a 3.1 cable would distort the screen somehow. Can you confirm what type of cable came with your review unit, whether or not you've heard anything about this issue, and possibly test with a 3.1 cable to be sure?

kuvittelija

May 14, 2014
Visit site
What about the web browser? It's now Chrome by default? Is it possible to install HTC browser from Play store? I prefer that because it has a decent text-reflow, can't live without it really...

Thanks for the thread, pure gold!

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Does adaptable storage work properly with latest software update?

Also I would like to see if camera software has touch screen feature for adjusting focus/exposure on spot. that's handy for difficult lighting condition than just hitting shutter button with auto metering.

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
What about the web browser? It's now Chrome by default? Is it possible to install HTC browser from Play store? I prefer that because it has a decent text-reflow, can't live without it really...

Thanks for the thread, pure gold!

I second this question. Text reflow for us with "older" eyes.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
My Moto X pure screen is LCD and it is beautiful, no issues. I can go either way AMOLED or LCD. I don't see why people complain about it. I actually think Samsung's AMOLED screens are a bit over-the-top with the way they pop, LCD seems more natural. I always need to adjust my Samsung screens but the LCD ''s are already perfect with none of the yellowish tint on the whites, but that's just my opinion.

kuvittelija

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I've heard Opera's reflow doesn't work quite as well as the HTC browser's, don't know, can't try myself now, my M8 just bricked itself half an hour ago, maybe she got mad because she saw me watching new model to replace her... :D
.....aaaand back to backup phone Nokia N79! Wonderful phone, only so VERY slow by todays standards.

Rails Ruby

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
My Moto X pure screen is LCD and it is beautiful, no issues. I can go either way AMOLED or LCD. I don't see why people complain about it. I actually think Samsung's AMOLED screens are a bit over-the-top with the way they pop, LCD seems more natural. I always need to adjust my Samsung screens but the LCD ''s are already perfect with none of the yellowish tint on the whites, but that's just my opinion.

Main difference is in blacks and when it's dark scene old part of screens lit. Advantage of this is more felt in multimedia content like YouTube movies etc. I have Moto X pure and Nexus 6p I download movies on moto x and I watch that on 6p cuz dark sense looks great and on moto x feels like purple when a lot of dark part on screen. If if don't see movies YouTube on my phone then moto x display is very good even better than Nexus 6p.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I am planning to buy the 10, though I will need 3 micro-sub to type C adapters (1 for a charger and 2 for Quick chargers 2.0), which ones are 100% compatible? I saw an Aukey on Amazon, they said it's USB 2.0 but compatible with N5X, Chromebook Pixel and others, should I buy it or should I get a Xiaomi adapter which is USB 3.0?

babouseif

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
Re: We've got the HTC 10 — and we're answering your questions right here!

Do you know if this unlocked version sold in the USA can work with any GSM SIM card worldwide or not?

unity04

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
A few questions:

01. Does the screen turn on when receiving a notification?

02. If you get a text, can you swipe up on the notification bubble on the lockscreen to reply?

03. If you're in an app and get a text, can you swipe down or open an overlay tray to respond on the spot without the need to open the app?

04. On the M7, when the speaker was done playing audio there was a faint clipping sound (the amp turning off). They fixed this in the M8. Do you hear any popping after audio is played? It usually occurs after 1 - 2 seconds and is noticeable in quiet rooms.

05. Is there any give with the volume buttons? In terms of hearing a noise if you slightly tap on them (issue with M8).

Friendly bump :)

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: We've got the HTC 10 — and we're answering your questions right here!

Do you know if this unlocked version sold in the USA can work with any GSM SIM card worldwide or not?

Phone calls, 3G data should work on any GSM worldwide carrier since the bands are standard accross the world.
For LTE, you can check the HTC website for the us unlocked version and see if the LTE bands your carrier uses is supported.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney