HTC 10 and AT&T

cdd543

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the fence about buying this phone. But I'm concerned if it will work non ATT. HTC advertising indicated it will. Anyone have any advice?

Posted via the Android Central App

Over on xda a user that received his device confirmed that it works fine.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm on AT&T and it works perfectly.
No surprises there. AT&T is a GSM carrier. It will allow any GSM phones to work on its network as long as the phone supports the bands.

Now the real question is whether or not HD Voice, aka VoLTE, works with unlocked version. I suspect it will not because it is reserved to AT&T versions of phones with AT&T firmware. Unlocked Nexus phones can't use HD voice.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Just swap the SIM card. If your SIM card is not the right size, go to AT&T store and ask them to give you a new SIM card. It is free. I switch phones couple times a year. There is never need anything other than switching the SIM cards.

y2jdmbfan

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
VoLTE even works! The IMEI for the HTC 10 is recognized as a device called "Harrison" in their systems. Once I updated the IMEI I got everything to work.

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
So what are you guys using for voicemail on att? I'm assuming I need to download something. So I don't need to do anything to activate volte, etc too?

Posted via the Android Central App

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
VoLTE even works! The IMEI for the HTC 10 is recognized as a device called "Harrison" in their systems. Once I updated the IMEI I got everything to work.

This news has me the most excited. lol Only thing that's bothered me about my Nexus 6 is no advanced LTE services.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
As others said you can use pretty much any phone on AT&T as long as it is unlocked and has the proper radios. AT&T doesn't restrict specific devices.

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
So what are you guys using for voicemail on att? I'm assuming I need to download something. So I don't need to do anything to activate volte, etc too?

I'm wondering this too! Can we just download the AT&T VVM app from the Play Store and use that?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering this too! Can we just download the AT&T VVM app from the Play Store and use that?

I believe you should be able to. I know with T-Mobile and I believe Verizon you can. AT&T should be in the same boat.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to update IMEI manually. Give it some time, the IMEI on your account will be updated automatically. There is no restrictions on IMEI for AT&T. But HD Voice/VoLTE requires something else in software which HTC may also include in the unlocked version. One thing to check if VoLTE is working is check your account to see if you can use NumberSync on your line. Only phones with HD Voice are allowed to use NumberSync to share the number with another device (watch or tablet).

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Another way to know if VOLTE is working when making a call you will still be on LTE during the call. that means that VOLTE is working and I know some have said here that it is which is great news now I can order the phone that is much better then the M9. so you don't have to update the IMEI it will do it on its own. that's good to know, do you know how long it takes to update the IMEI.
You don't have to update IMEI manually. Give it some time, the IMEI on your account will be updated automatically. There is no restrictions on IMEI for AT&T. But HD Voice/VoLTE requires something else in software which HTC may also include in the unlocked version. One thing to check if VoLTE is working is check your account to see if you can use NumberSync on your line. Only phones with HD Voice are allowed to use NumberSync to share the number with another device (watch or tablet).

y2jdmbfan

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Another way to know if VOLTE is working when making a call you will still be on LTE during the call. that means that VOLTE is working and I know some have said here that it is which is great news now I can order the phone that is much better then the M9. so you don't have to update the IMEI it will do it on its own. that's good to know, do you know how long it takes to update the IMEI.

Sometimes they don't auto update. Updating it online takes maybe 2 minutes, it's not difficult.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol